Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Burgess 22:46 - Apr 18 with 1029 viewsCokeIsKey

How many arial duels did he win today? Absolute beast.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Cameron Burgess on 22:50 - Apr 18 with 995 viewsGeoffSentence

I can't recall him losing one, not just today but for months.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cameron Burgess on 08:42 - Apr 19 with 904 viewsDJR

It was frustrating, though, and this didn't just apply to Burgess, that virtually every header we won was a looping header which went straight to the opposition.

In addition, we played a lot of high long balls (especially in the first half), which I think played into their hands a bit, and meant for periods of the game we didn't have our usual control.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 8:44]
Cameron Burgess on 09:31 - Apr 19 with 859 viewsGeoffSentence

Cameron Burgess on 08:42 - Apr 19 by DJR

It was frustrating, though, and this didn't just apply to Burgess, that virtually every header we won was a looping header which went straight to the opposition.

In addition, we played a lot of high long balls (especially in the first half), which I think played into their hands a bit, and meant for periods of the game we didn't have our usual control.

We did play more long balls , but that was down to the quality of Vale's pressing, we struggled to pass it round them last night.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cameron Burgess on 09:33 - Apr 19 with 851 viewsFrimleyBlue

Cameron Burgess on 08:42 - Apr 19 by DJR

More long balls to keep their players moving imo
Vale were just relentless with their organisation.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cameron Burgess on 10:32 - Apr 19 with 783 viewsDeano69

He has been immense this season, particularly following a horrible injury. In my top three with Morsy and Chaplin. Great that there’s such a choice of POTS.

Not that long ago it was hard to pick a player off the match, now you can barely pick out the player who had the least effective game. Just brilliant!!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Cameron Burgess on 10:41 - Apr 19 with 756 viewsclive_baker

Cameron Burgess on 09:31 - Apr 19 by GeoffSentence

We did play more long balls , but that was down to the quality of Vale's pressing, we struggled to pass it round them last night.

They were so happy to sit in with 11 men behind the ball and watch us pass it around in front of them that we had to mix it up. They were set up to get touch tight to our more creative players in Burns, Broady, Chaplin etc and let Burgess and Woolfenden step out largely unchallenged. We didn't have much choice but to get quicker balls into the box and being more direct when we needed to. I thought there were times when Davis had a lot of space but we struggled to find him, and when we did his delivery was hit and miss.

There's more than 1 way to skin a cat though, and I like that we've evolved to a side that can pass the leather off the ball on Saturday and stick 6 past someone, and then get into a scrap a few days later in an entirely different game. IF we go up I wouldn't have thought there would be too many sides that give us that level of respect, which probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cameron Burgess on 10:45 - Apr 19 with 702 viewsDJR

Cameron Burgess on 09:31 - Apr 19 by GeoffSentence

That's a fair point, but they were also not bad in possession and seemed a much better team than their league position would suggest.
Cameron Burgess on 10:49 - Apr 19 with 683 viewstextbackup

Tell you something, had the Walton/wolf mix up at Cheltenham been Burgess, I’m convinced that clearance header does fall where it does either.

He’s been brilliant

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Burgess on 10:56 - Apr 19 with 663 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cameron Burgess on 10:49 - Apr 19 by textbackup

Tell you something, had the Walton/wolf mix up at Cheltenham been Burgess, I’m convinced that clearance header does fall where it does either.

He’s been brilliant

I don’t want to lick fault anfter another fantastic win but Woolfie did another header from the penalty spot which went straight to one of their players on the edge of the box. I wish he would head sideways rather than forwards, so as not to create a shooting opportunity.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cameron Burgess on 11:55 - Apr 19 with 577 viewstextbackup

Cameron Burgess on 10:56 - Apr 19 by GlasgowBlue

I don’t want to lick fault anfter another fantastic win but Woolfie did another header from the penalty spot which went straight to one of their players on the edge of the box. I wish he would head sideways rather than forwards, so as not to create a shooting opportunity.

You can be sure that KM will have picked up on it, and will go over it with him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024