Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defining moments by each player this season 10:07 - May 10 with 1468 viewsDennyx4

I was thinking that the majority of our players have had a significant involvement (moment) in game(s) that have got us promoted.

I also have purposefully not included the same game twice.

Please feel free to add to the list or add your own moment per player.

1 Walton - A) Bolton. For me the Penalty save at Bolton, we were 1-0 up, and if we had of conceded, who knows what momentum that may have given Bolton.

3 Davis - H) Sheff Wed. Many assists but the deflected free kick that drew us level, was as important as the magical Broadhead free kick earlier in the game.

4 Edmundson - A) Morecambe. Goal that drew us level, at the beginning of the 2nd half, before we went on to grab the winner.

5 Morsy - A) Forest Green. What a goal and also our first away game of the season. Morsy has been absolutely instrumental for our midfield this season, but have gone with the goal early in the season, against a newly promoted side.

6 Woolfenden - A) MK Dons. I could have given this game to Morsy for his goal, however Woolfy's goal line clearance at 0-0 was part of the catalyst for our good winning run and clean sheet run.

7 Burns - H) Portsmouth. After being pegged back for the second time, the header from inches out was much needed. Portsmouth were flying high in the league at the time, and to go back into the lead 3-2, minutes after the equaliser, was just what was needed.

8 Evans - H) Bolton. First game of the season, but what a goal. Low corner routine, caught Bolton napping and our first goal of the season.

9 Ladapo - A) Fleetwood. Goal number 100 for the season.

10) Chaplin - A) Accrington. Chaplin started on the bench, but came on to grab a brace at a ground where we have had our troubles in the past. Could have also been his hat trick at H) Charlton or the goal of the season A) Derby.

11) Harness - A) Burton. A very tight and tough away fixture. Harness goal, and who can forget the long Knee slide.

14) John-Jules - A) Shrewsbury. A fine individual goal

15) Burgess - A) Portsmouth. The first equaliser in our away game at Fratton Park - could easily have been the 2nd goal at Bolton, but have already given that game to Walton.

19) Jackson - A) Sheff Wed. Opened the scoring and was a real menace to Iorfa all game.

25) Luongo - H) Exeter. The second goal settled the nerves, we were back in the Championship.

27) Hirst - A) Barnsley. The second goal just before half time was just at the right time. I would have been happy seeing the last minute out, but George had a better idea.

29) Edwards - H) Cambridge. Two goals for Edwards, one flying in from out on the wing.

30) Humphries - A) Port Vale. Man of the Match display including a goal and an assist. Recognised by the Ipswich Supporters after the game, with a chorus of You're one of our own.

33) Broadhead - H) Port Vale. Two goals in a very tight game. The penalty had real pressure on it. Again could easily have been the free kick v Sheff Wed.

34) Clarke - Welcome back to the fist pump.

If you can think of any for the players I have missed out or want to state a different game for an individual player, feel free to share.

P.S. I was going to give Leigh the A)Barnsley for getting the game called off, but would then need to change Hirst.

It was a great season, where all of the players contributed.

Defining moments by each player this season on 10:47 - May 10 with 1376 viewssaffers12

Evans getting injured
Defining moments by each player this season (n/t) on 20:09 - May 10 with 1230 viewsSharkey

Harper's exquisitely weighted pass to Luke Hannant.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 20:16]
Defining moments by each player this season on 12:29 - May 11 with 1009 viewsSamWhiteUK

Walton penalty save A) Cambridge was a big one too
Defining moments by each player this season on 12:56 - May 11 with 978 viewsStenvict

Woolfenden didn't block the shot at MK, it hit the post. He did clear one off the line away to Bristol Rovers though that was pivotal.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Defining moments by each player this season on 00:19 - May 12 with 824 viewspatrickswell

Donacien- MK Dons (h) on a boiling hot day, his driving run and cross to set up Burns for an early goal was a great start to a physically demanding day.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 0:21]
Defining moments by each player this season on 00:35 - May 12 with 798 viewsjayessess

Reckon we can find Kyle a better moment than Cambridge at home (we were already winning that game, he just secured the points).

Edwards turned a couple of games in our favour as a substitute (including the reverse fixture with Cambridge actually).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Defining moments by each player this season on 07:25 - May 12 with 703 viewsmrfixit426

Defining moments by each player this season on 12:56 - May 11 by Stenvict

Woolfenden didn't block the shot at MK, it hit the post. He did clear one off the line away to Bristol Rovers though that was pivotal.

He definitely did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024