Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? 13:58 - Aug 13 with 3284 viewsSamWhiteUK

Wink wink

Does it work like ifollow did?
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 14:46 - Aug 13 with 3195 viewsgringoblue

yes but actually better for me as you can cast it to a tv / big screen. I use a Chromecast. Saves messing about with lots of leads.

Only slight issue is the live commentary is a second ahead of the video so you know when a goal is scored (or not) before the action.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 14:50 - Aug 13 with 3170 viewsbelgablue

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 14:46 - Aug 13 by gringoblue

yes but actually better for me as you can cast it to a tv / big screen. I use a Chromecast. Saves messing about with lots of leads.

Only slight issue is the live commentary is a second ahead of the video so you know when a goal is scored (or not) before the action.

Hopefully just an issue yesterday - was a bit annoying but all in all I thought it was good. Great to see Holland and Ambrose doing the post match analysis as well.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 15:01 - Aug 13 with 3139 viewsurbanblue

I was casting with a Chromecast as well. Had a couple of minor issues. Four or five times during the game it cut out and went back to my phone. Almost immediately righted itself and reappeared on the TV again but was annoying. I also had a number of momentary screen freezes during the match.

Hopefully this won't be ongoing.

Other then that I enjoyed the coverage.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 15:02]
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 15:44 - Aug 13 with 3050 viewspennyfathersleg

I have a U.K. subscription, but next week, for the QPR game, I’ll be on holiday in “Italy”. Will I be able to purchase the game as a one off?
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 15:48 - Aug 13 with 3034 viewsmjw_1983

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 15:44 - Aug 13 by pennyfathersleg

I have a U.K. subscription, but next week, for the QPR game, I’ll be on holiday in “Italy”. Will I be able to purchase the game as a one off?

Not sure as it’s an away game?!
I was in “Germany” yesterday and purchased a one off game.
I was wondering about away games
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 16:05 - Aug 13 with 2989 viewsEpiphone

Anyone "abroad" been able to buy a ticket for QPR away next week yet?
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 16:13 - Aug 13 with 2959 viewsIllinoisblue

Was casting from iPhone to TV via AirPlay and it was a pain in the ass. Very unreliable. May have to revert to laptop to TV via HDMI

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 16:28 - Aug 13 with 2902 viewsbournemouthblue

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 16:13 - Aug 13 by Illinoisblue

Was casting from iPhone to TV via AirPlay and it was a pain in the ass. Very unreliable. May have to revert to laptop to TV via HDMI

I went for HDMI, pretty straightforward

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 16:52 - Aug 13 with 2821 viewsbackwaywhen

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 15:44 - Aug 13 by pennyfathersleg

Yes watched couple of games whilst abroad in Cyprus.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 18:17 - Aug 13 with 2626 viewspennyfathersleg

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 16:52 - Aug 13 by backwaywhen

Yes watched couple of games whilst abroad in Cyprus.

Great, thanks. Does it just give you the option to purchase the game like iFollow did?
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 19:14 - Aug 13 with 2517 viewsTokey

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 18:17 - Aug 13 by pennyfathersleg

Great, thanks. Does it just give you the option to purchase the game like iFollow did?

I’m a uk subscriber to Town TV but whilst in Spain and using my normal logon, an option of purchasing the game to view wasn’t available.
Phil (via the club) suggested creating a new overseas account (whilst abroad) for free using a different email address. I did this for the game yesterday and bingo, the option to purchase the game appeared.
Slightly clunky but not really a big deal, the ability to cast to a big telly without cables was very welcome. Slight issue with the comms/video syncing but I found stopping and starting the stream made it a bit better.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 20:20 - Aug 13 with 2387 viewspennyfathersleg

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 19:14 - Aug 13 by Tokey

I’m a uk subscriber to Town TV but whilst in Spain and using my normal logon, an option of purchasing the game to view wasn’t available.
Phil (via the club) suggested creating a new overseas account (whilst abroad) for free using a different email address. I did this for the game yesterday and bingo, the option to purchase the game appeared.
Slightly clunky but not really a big deal, the ability to cast to a big telly without cables was very welcome. Slight issue with the comms/video syncing but I found stopping and starting the stream made it a bit better.

Will give that a try! Thanks 😍
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 20:29 - Aug 13 with 2348 viewsPhilTWTD

Glad that worked out for you!
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 04:39 - Aug 14 with 2094 viewsEpiphone

Is the QPR game showing yet as a possible match day pass using this method?Asking for a friend in Spain.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 07:42 - Aug 14 with 1946 viewsDJR

Interesting. I am not a subscriber, and don't intend to be, but was able to buy a Town TV video pass for the Sunderland game on a day trip to Switzerland.

Maybe it was not being a subscriber than enabled me to do that.

Having said that, I was not able to buy an audio pass for the Bristol Rovers game, which was only available to subscribers. Instead, I bought a £2.50 Bristol Rovers I-follow pass.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 07:48 - Aug 14 with 1922 viewsDJR

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 04:39 - Aug 14 by Epiphone

Is the QPR game showing yet as a possible match day pass using this method?Asking for a friend in Spain.

The Stoke match is still showing as available for £10 "from" Switzerland, so presumably QPR will appear at some point.

It also gives the option of an international subscription for £170 or £19.99 per month.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 7:57]
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 08:04 - Aug 14 with 1874 viewsIPS_wich

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 16:13 - Aug 13 by Illinoisblue

I airplayed from my iPhone to the Apple TV plugged into my TV - worked perfectly, no delay on commentary and I was able to do anything else on my phone with the app in the background.

Only time I've ever had an issue with AirPlay from phone has been to the built in AirPlay feature on a SmartTV (my Dad has one). Always works fine to the AppleTV box I have at home.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 08:33 - Aug 14 with 1813 viewsLRB84UK

Sorry to jump on. I am unable to make the Leeds game and plan on being abroad for the day. Do I have to pay the monthly subscription and a one off fee for the game?
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 08:41 - Aug 14 with 1780 viewsDJR

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 08:33 - Aug 14 by LRB84UK

Sorry to jump on. I am unable to make the Leeds game and plan on being abroad for the day. Do I have to pay the monthly subscription and a one off fee for the game?

I didn't need to be a subscriber to watch the Sunderland game.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 09:33 - Aug 14 with 1686 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 08:33 - Aug 14 by LRB84UK

You wouldn't need to do both.
Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 1649 viewsLRB84UK

Is anyone "abroad" watching TownTV? on 08:41 - Aug 14 by DJR

I didn't need to be a subscriber to watch the Sunderland game.

Amazing, thank you, there is hope I'll get to watch it then!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024