Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disposable Vapes 12:22 - Sep 7 with 1686 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I have been noticing more and more of these just thrown away onto the pavement or in car parks lately. Greenpeace reckon two are thrown away every second in the UK. They really should be banned shouldn't they.

https://action.greenpeace.org.uk/ban-disposable-vapes-1

I see Scotland will have a consultation on this, but really this needs to happen everywhere and pretty quick. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66718599.amp
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 12:24]

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Disposable Vapes on 12:32 - Sep 7 with 1627 viewsbaxterbasics

There's more than just an environmental argument too - these clearly appeal to teenagers and kids.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Disposable Vapes on 12:44 - Sep 7 with 1608 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disposable Vapes on 12:32 - Sep 7 by baxterbasics

There's more than just an environmental argument too - these clearly appeal to teenagers and kids.

It's a huge problem. My kids reckon it's rife in their school with kids leaving lessons and even exams to go and vape in the bogs. The school is now trying to crack down on it. But much like we're only just waking up to the environmental effects, it's all a bit too late now that the kids are hooked.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Disposable Vapes on 12:51 - Sep 7 with 1589 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yep and full of batteries and chemicals too. It’s a great way to wean people off smoking, but no need for them to be disposable.
Disposable Vapes on 13:03 - Sep 7 with 1569 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Disposable Vapes on 12:44 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

It's a huge problem. My kids reckon it's rife in their school with kids leaving lessons and even exams to go and vape in the bogs. The school is now trying to crack down on it. But much like we're only just waking up to the environmental effects, it's all a bit too late now that the kids are hooked.

I was at the hospital about a year ago and a girl that must have been about 13 or 14 calmy told her mum she was going outside for a vape on a few occasions. That was definitely an eye opener for me as to how rife it is.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Disposable Vapes on 13:05 - Sep 7 with 1549 viewsHARRY10

Disposable Vapes on 12:32 - Sep 7 by baxterbasics

Clearly intended to, as well

Just when society had reduced its chronic addiction to nicotine, along comes something to trap a whole new generation.
Disposable Vapes on 13:07 - Sep 7 with 1544 viewswrightsrightglove

Disposable Vapes on 12:44 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

Some of the disposable ones that are being sold under the counter to kids have the equivalent of 200 cigarettes in them. The legal ones have a maximum amount of nicotine equivalent to 20 cigarettes which is still crazy but the chances are the ones that kids are taking in have a far higher amount. If it’s not clamped down on soon it’s going to cause a health crisis and many young lost lives in the not too distant future!
Disposable Vapes on 16:17 - Sep 7 with 1354 viewsHARRY10

Disposable Vapes on 13:07 - Sep 7 by wrightsrightglove

Some of the disposable ones that are being sold under the counter to kids have the equivalent of 200 cigarettes in them. The legal ones have a maximum amount of nicotine equivalent to 20 cigarettes which is still crazy but the chances are the ones that kids are taking in have a far higher amount. If it’s not clamped down on soon it’s going to cause a health crisis and many young lost lives in the not too distant future!

There will be an element of 'closing the stable door' there as once nicotine has got a grip.

However there still does need to be quick and decisive action here. These things are being sold under the counter (literally) and if they have the amount of nicotine you state then they should be criminalised as Class A drugs. You only have to speak to a family who has suffered the consequences of addiction to heroin etc to know the far reaching harm that can be caused..

The police/authorities know where these vapes are being sold. Raid the premises and close them down. No pussy footing either about the "shopkeeper has been given advice."
Disposable Vapes on 09:16 - Sep 12 with 1121 views_clive_baker_

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/sep/11/ban-on-single-use-vapes-in-uk-co
Login to get fewer ads

Disposable Vapes on 12:08 - Sep 12 with 1018 viewsBluespeed225

Disposable Vapes on 13:03 - Sep 7 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I was at the hospital about a year ago and a girl that must have been about 13 or 14 calmy told her mum she was going outside for a vape on a few occasions. That was definitely an eye opener for me as to how rife it is.

The Wife vapes, and on Saturday we were in Felixstowe town center, so she says she wants to nip into 'The vape Emporium' to stock up. Well, I'd never been in such an establishment before. It was like a cross between a sweet shop and a drug den! Pretty. bright colours everywhere, Wonka style, everything looking like Santas grotto did to me in the old Co-op when I was 4. Combined that with the punters all trying to get a deal because 'that's what Bill does for me'( Bill was not in). It was like a parallel universe in The High Street. A real eye opener to me on how the things are marketed to kids.
Disposable Vapes on 15:22 - Sep 12 with 937 viewsTractorBrew

I find it absolutely baffling how such a product was ever allowed on the market in the first place. They tick almost every box of what a product shouldn't be in the current climate, before you even consider the health impacts and the way they are seemingly marketed at younger people

Banning these is just a no brainer, not seen anyone opposing this apart from the manufacturers
Disposable Vapes on 15:38 - Sep 12 with 921 viewsBluebell

I hate the smell of them.

The wife of one of Mr BBs golfing partners tells everyone she gave up smoking over a year ago and then goes outside to vape.

What is that coming out of your mouth dear if it is not smoke?
Disposable Vapes on 15:55 - Sep 12 with 900 viewsWD19

Disposable Vapes on 15:38 - Sep 12 by Bluebell

The wife of one of Mr BBs golfing partners tells everyone she gave up smoking over a year ago and then goes outside to vape.

Is the answer vapour bob?
Disposable Vapes on 16:01 - Sep 12 with 880 viewsgiant_stow

Disposable Vapes on 15:38 - Sep 12 by Bluebell

Its steam / water vaper.

I think there's another angle to these too: the batteries are causing lots of fires in bin lorries and rubbish dumps. Apparently when they get damaged, the go up in flames. There's even talk of a surcharge to cover the cost of these events.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 16:03]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024