Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baggott 07:22 - Sep 28 with 1949 viewskeanekipper

once he gets a chance and gets in, you get the feeling hes going to stay. He looks an absolute gem.
Baggott on 08:48 - Sep 28 with 1744 viewsBigCommon

Hes an incredible talent, with a head on his shoulders that's beyond his years... He farely well seasoned, too, for his age. When you add up his loan spells and international appearances..
I've said for a while, that I believe hes got, potentially, the highest ceiling, out of "all" of our home growns..
Had a close eye on him, whilst out on loan at Gills last season. Kid was 19yrs then. And looked way above that L2 level, I'm glad KM chose to keep him in and around our squad for the first half of this season, at least. His attitude, levelheadedness, and undoubted ability/potential, imo, he fits like a glove into this group of lads.
Baggott on 09:03 - Sep 28 with 1678 viewsNthQldITFC

Baggott on 08:48 - Sep 28 by BigCommon

Hes an incredible talent, with a head on his shoulders that's beyond his years... He farely well seasoned, too, for his age. When you add up his loan spells and international appearances..
I've said for a while, that I believe hes got, potentially, the highest ceiling, out of "all" of our home growns..
Had a close eye on him, whilst out on loan at Gills last season. Kid was 19yrs then. And looked way above that L2 level, I'm glad KM chose to keep him in and around our squad for the first half of this season, at least. His attitude, levelheadedness, and undoubted ability/potential, imo, he fits like a glove into this group of lads.

He always seems composed in whatever situation he's in, and he's one of those players who seems to have a fraction more time on the ball than others - not sure if it's to do with his size and long legs or what, but he seems to have a split-second more time to make a decision. And he's been making very good decisions from what I've seen.

I was delighted he didn't go on loan. He's clearly getting better coaching here than he would anywhere else, and while lots of game time is very useful, some players need to play competitive games more regularly for psychological reasons, I don't think he's one of them - he's a scholar.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Baggott on 10:39 - Sep 28 with 1443 viewsBasuco

Baggott on 09:03 - Sep 28 by NthQldITFC

He always seems composed in whatever situation he's in, and he's one of those players who seems to have a fraction more time on the ball than others - not sure if it's to do with his size and long legs or what, but he seems to have a split-second more time to make a decision. And he's been making very good decisions from what I've seen.

I was delighted he didn't go on loan. He's clearly getting better coaching here than he would anywhere else, and while lots of game time is very useful, some players need to play competitive games more regularly for psychological reasons, I don't think he's one of them - he's a scholar.

I loved it that a couple of times on Tuesday evening he did the "Wolfy jink" to carry the ball past players who were pressing him, then release it, very assured and composed on the ball and and had his head up to pick the right pass as well. I am looking forward to watching him develop into a first team regular over the next few weeks or month's.
Baggott on 11:01 - Sep 28 with 1353 viewsOldFart71

The good thing is he has plenty of competition therefore he can't lower his standards. There's still, as McKenna hinted, room for improvement throughout the squad so Baggott is just a small cog in a well oiled machine. One of the main reasons we are as successful as we have been is the allround competiton for places. There's maybe 4 or 5 of the squad that if fit are in the team that leaves 6 or 7 places that aren't guaranteed.
Baggott on 11:06 - Sep 28 with 1326 viewsitfcsuth

Looks better every time he is getting minutes.

Think this season being here with the group will really help his development, as it did for Cam Humphreys last year.

Still just 20 years old - looks a natural successor to Burgess.

Sign of a well run club when you can see these succession plans and pathways for many years down the line and not just the immediate.
Baggott on 11:14 - Sep 28 with 1273 viewsBigCommon

Baggott on 09:03 - Sep 28 by NthQldITFC

Tbf, looking at our current homegrown players in the first team squad, Humphreys, Wolf and Baggot. They all have a real calmness and composure about them..Whether that's coincidence, or testament to the way they've been tutored, it's had to know..But it's a definite quality in all three, imo.
Baggott on 11:24 - Sep 28 with 1228 viewsfranz_tyson

Baggott on 10:39 - Sep 28 by Basuco

I loved it that a couple of times on Tuesday evening he did the "Wolfy jink" to carry the ball past players who were pressing him, then release it, very assured and composed on the ball and and had his head up to pick the right pass as well. I am looking forward to watching him develop into a first team regular over the next few weeks or month's.

I'm betting he won't develop into a first team regular in the next few weeks... or months. We didn't bring Tusnzebe in on good wages for Baggott to leapfrog him. And I'm betting Baggott is behind Edmunson, too. So he's 5th choice.
Doubt if we'll see him when we're out of the cups.
Likely a loan in January. Does look very good, but first team football week in, week out on a loan must be a priority for him. MCKenna mentioned him going out on loan, but we couldn't get a CB in early.
Baggott on 12:26 - Sep 28 with 1088 viewsBigCommon

Baggott on 11:24 - Sep 28 by franz_tyson

I'm betting he won't develop into a first team regular in the next few weeks... or months. We didn't bring Tusnzebe in on good wages for Baggott to leapfrog him. And I'm betting Baggott is behind Edmunson, too. So he's 5th choice.
Doubt if we'll see him when we're out of the cups.
Likely a loan in January. Does look very good, but first team football week in, week out on a loan must be a priority for him. MCKenna mentioned him going out on loan, but we couldn't get a CB in early.

Tuanzebe is right sided, predominantly..? And you also have to ask the question... What would Baggot learn from being loaned out, unless it was a top L1 club chasing top 6..?
I suppose he would need some solid minutes in the bank second half of the season, there is an argument for that. Not sure whether that aids his development, as such. More his match fitness.. Could he gain more, development wise, remaining in and around our excellent coaching staff, and highly professional senior pro's and set up?.. Something you're unlikely to get, at the same levels, at most L1 outfits.... Potential for a Championship loan, perhaps?
Personally, I'd put Fridge in the "might not be around for long" bracket.. Nothing against him as a player or bloke, hes a top top bloke.. But with his fitness issues and the fact that Burgess and Baggot are exceeding expectations. Then he could be one that just becomes a victim of our constant squad improvement, imo. There will be a few like that, along the way. Those that cling on the longest, will most likely be more versatile bench players, like Ball for instance.
( A lot depends on Tuanzebe's readiness to string a run of games together, of course)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024