Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch 10:04 - Oct 10 with 8942 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Very powerful.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 17:58 - Oct 10 with 2079 viewsthatbdude

Rivalries and football aside massive respect to Norwich. Depression and Suicidal thoughts are the worst things you can go through and I know this because of mates. Somethings are bigger than football

Poll: Who going down?

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 18:09 - Oct 10 with 2056 viewsBuhrer

Top man Buckers on 20:21 - Oct 10 with 1941 viewsDyland

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:46 - Oct 10 by itfc_bucks

This could very easily have been a post that I wrote.

I had my final (for now) therapy session just last week. As someone who used to (very vocally) be of the "pull your socks up and get on with it" school of thought on mental health, things need to change.

One of the positives of this forum, I've often felt, is that, regardless of the petty squabbles that go on, I do actually think we have a fundamental core of "good" folks on here. Think I've only me Phil and one other of you in the real world, but I'm glad you're all here.

Keep talking innit x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 22:09 - Oct 10 with 1878 viewsTheBoyBlue

It further reiterates that regardless of who we support, we are all human together. Powerful, hard watch, well done to Norwich on this.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 23:45 - Oct 10 with 1835 viewsWhos_blue

Very good.

I've shared this today with some other groups.

Credit where it's due and all that.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:42 - Oct 11 with 1724 viewsitfc_bucks

Thanks all for the positive comments on my post, wasn't meant as a "look at me" post, but rather genuinely grateful that we all seem to look out for one another and pick up on when someone's out of character.

I know I won't ever be cured but being good enough is going to always be good enough.

I've got stuff to live for and the stuff that makes me not want to be here is only ever temporary.

Focus on the good.

If this video starts one conversation somewhere, it'll be worth it.

Keep talking!
I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:54 - Oct 11 with 1696 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:16 - Oct 10 by _clive_baker_

I had a similar experience with a colleague of mine, a classic example of 'you would never have known'. Hopefully he did have people to speak to, I wouldn't necessarily have expected him to open up to me as I didn't know him very well although I would of course have tried to help. From the outside it just seemed so unlikely and was so shocking. He was popular, late 20's, handsome chap who all the single girls fancied, doing well in his job etc. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him at a work dinner, got on well with the guy and nattered for a couple of hours with those around us. Less than a fortnight later I learned he had taken his own life.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

I would urge anyone who might be feeling down to talk. Appreciate it's not always as easy as that perhaps though.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 11:27]

I know that your post comes from a good place, but it is best not to talk about methods when discussing this topic.

If you notice on the responsible News outlets they are usually very careful not to, which is an established approach to avoid copycat behaviour.

There are a few stages someone goes through, and fixating on methods is a very significant one.

If you could edit it that would be really helpful.

I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism, I just want to avoid an idea taking root in someone's head.
I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 11:13 - Oct 11 with 1679 viewsFBI

I'm there too. Some of you might remember me having a bit of a meltdown on here last year - well, I'm there again. You guys were awesome at the time, proving that it's good to talk.

Annoyingly, someone in my wider family looks on here occasionally and didn't realise I hadn't told my mum, but hey ho, all good. Not their fault.

Incidentally, there's a spectacularly good pinned post on OTIB, the Bristol City forum. Maybe it would be something we could do here, Phil and Gav?

https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/210174-never-feel-alone-its-good-to-talk/

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Login to get fewer ads

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 11:28 - Oct 11 with 1612 views_clive_baker_

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:54 - Oct 11 by ArnoldMoorhen

I know that your post comes from a good place, but it is best not to talk about methods when discussing this topic.

If you notice on the responsible News outlets they are usually very careful not to, which is an established approach to avoid copycat behaviour.

There are a few stages someone goes through, and fixating on methods is a very significant one.

I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism, I just want to avoid an idea taking root in someone's head.

Thanks for your comment. I've got a lot to learn in this space, and for that I guess I should be very grateful.

Have amended the post and will be mindful of that moving forward.
I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 11:38 - Oct 11 with 1592 viewsitfcjoe

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:54 - Oct 11 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's not something I'd previously considered until last night, but was told yesterday about a school friend who has attempted this last week and the message said the method and made me recoil a bit - and had made me think that it is something you hear any more and this is why.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:31 - Oct 11 with 1531 viewsitfc_bucks

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 11:38 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

It's not something I'd previously considered until last night, but was told yesterday about a school friend who has attempted this last week and the message said the method and made me recoil a bit - and had made me think that it is something you hear any more and this is why.

A school friend of mine committed suicide while at university.

She had taken a year out before going to uni and, like so many folks of that age, we lost touch.

She was in her third year undergraduate. I had gone elsewhere for mine, then studied a masters. Turned out my masters was in the same town as her undergraduate.

She took her own life, through loneliness (amongst other things), less than a mile from where I was living.

I don't think I'll ever process that knowledge.

I hope your friend recovers. Keep talking.
I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:48 - Oct 11 with 1522 viewsitfcjoe

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:31 - Oct 11 by itfc_bucks

A school friend of mine committed suicide while at university.

She had taken a year out before going to uni and, like so many folks of that age, we lost touch.

She was in her third year undergraduate. I had gone elsewhere for mine, then studied a masters. Turned out my masters was in the same town as her undergraduate.

She took her own life, through loneliness (amongst other things), less than a mile from where I was living.

I don't think I'll ever process that knowledge.

I hope your friend recovers. Keep talking.

Sorry to hear that, and for me was more a friend when we were at school than a current friend - prob not seen him in a decade but still have friends in common and always got on. I'd heard a little while back he was struggling, and he'd quit his job a few weeks back so was taking steps but obviously all got too much - poor guy. Is currently in a bad way on the ward his father worked on as a doctor for 25 years - hopefully he can pull through and get into a better place

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 20:30 - Oct 11 with 1387 viewsDerryfromBury

Fair play and credit to NCFC. Very moving.
I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 23:19 - Oct 11 with 1340 viewslizzibee

I really hate to admit I like anything 'they' produce but this is good. Rings with my personally - a friend from the village took her life completely unexpected and I had no idea she was suffering - constantly wonder if I should have spotted something or done something but it was so well hidden. I've been there too (divorce, redundancy and four friends dying in less than two years - I'm not that old!) but come from a stiff upper lip family. Being persuaded to talk really helped - it was tough but worth it and could have made the difference.
I know itโ€™s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 09:47 - Oct 12 with 1256 viewsBuhrer

Thanks for the sharing on this thread. Be kind to yourselves. When unwell what greater opponent is there than the difficulties and obstacles our own minds create. Seek help, of a type and a kind you can accept, don't be alone. People, friends family and strangers will care. Look after the engine, feed yourself, try and sleep properly, be active in some way. Walking dogs and stroking cats. Day after day and things do get better. Never give up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024