Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love affair - bringing on back the good times 18:50 - Oct 26 with 2173 viewskeanekipper

Club need to get this blaring over the tannoy, fit perfectly with all that's going on at the minute!!!
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 19:19 - Oct 26 with 2101 viewsnorfsufblue

Absolutely...ive been bangin on about this since the latter end of last season... send emails to the Club... I do periodically, maybe Phil could have a word with Mark Murphy!..please.. it could a right banger for us and us alone.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 19:25]
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 19:30 - Oct 26 with 2042 viewsIllinoisblue

Good tune but doesn’t fit with the be humble narrative KMc is driving. It’s a celebration song and we haven’t achieved anything yet. Happy to hear it in April though!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 19:33 - Oct 26 with 2032 viewsnorfsufblue

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 19:30 - Oct 26 by Illinoisblue

Good tune but doesn’t fit with the be humble narrative KMc is driving. It’s a celebration song and we haven’t achieved anything yet. Happy to hear it in April though!

So these are not good enough times!.... come on, if it should be any teams anthem it's absolutely fits the bill for us..
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 20:50 - Oct 26 with 1933 viewsIllinoisblue

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 19:33 - Oct 26 by norfsufblue

So these are not good enough times!.... come on, if it should be any teams anthem it's absolutely fits the bill for us..

Nah. Too much back-slapping. Can’t be doing that in October.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 21:04 - Oct 26 with 1892 viewsorfordbuoy

The Raconteurs - Steady as she goes.
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 21:17 - Oct 26 with 1870 viewsnorfsufblue

Bringing on back the good times
Taking away the pain
You're bringing on back the good times
And I'm living on air
So glad that you're there

Tell my why these lyrics ( with the odd tweak) do not apply to us right now.... watching football is supposed to be fun and finally it is!
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 08:07 - Oct 27 with 1680 viewsnorfsufblue

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 19:19 - Oct 26 by norfsufblue

Absolutely...ive been bangin on about this since the latter end of last season... send emails to the Club... I do periodically, maybe Phil could have a word with Mark Murphy!..please.. it could a right banger for us and us alone.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 19:25]

Just to get you all in the mood for tomorrow and bump this back up!😉👍
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 08:45 - Oct 27 with 1634 viewskeanekipper

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 21:17 - Oct 26 by norfsufblue

Taking away the pain
And I'm living on air

Tell my why these lyrics ( with the odd tweak) do not apply to us right now.... watching football is supposed to be fun and finally it is!

its perfect for the journey we are on, i dont see is at celebratory just an appreciation of where we were (rock bottom) and to where are now (riding the crest of a wave just loving the football and our club again)
Login to get fewer ads

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 08:52 - Oct 27 with 1621 viewsnorfsufblue

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 08:45 - Oct 27 by keanekipper

its perfect for the journey we are on, i dont see is at celebratory just an appreciation of where we were (rock bottom) and to where are now (riding the crest of a wave just loving the football and our club again)

Absolutely..hear,hear!
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:12 - Oct 27 with 1587 viewsxrayspecs

It was played after the Exeter game and got zero traction
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:18 - Oct 27 with 1571 viewsBuhrer

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:12 - Oct 27 by xrayspecs

1970s tv show wants its themesong back.
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:37 - Oct 27 with 1548 viewsnorfsufblue

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:12 - Oct 27 by xrayspecs

They basically played one chorus and it did get me singing!🤣🤣.... it needs to be given a decent airing tbf.... all you youngsters need to give it a good belting out and I'm confident it would become a firm favourite
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:20 - Nov 4 with 1116 viewsnorfsufblue

So I'm still banging on about this..
As anyone who has actually listened to it knows, it has a double chorus thing which I think we could merge and use these very apt lyrics

So original is..

Taking away the pain
And I'm living on air

Sweeping away the sad times
Making me laugh again
And you started me living
Now but I'm loving again

We should just sing

Taking away the pain
And you've started me singing
Now your my Ipswich* again

* winning, brilliant, awesome, terrific,
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:57 - Nov 4 with 1058 viewsBuhrer

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:20 - Nov 4 by norfsufblue

So I'm still banging on about this..
As anyone who has actually listened to it knows, it has a double chorus thing which I think we could merge and use these very apt lyrics

So original is..

Taking away the pain
And I'm living on air

Sweeping away the sad times
Making me laugh again
And you started me living
Now but I'm loving again

We should just sing

Taking away the pain
And you've started me singing
Now your my Ipswich* again

* winning, brilliant, awesome, terrific,

Are you on a fee? Music is beautifully subjective innit. To me that tune sounds old. Kind of maudlin, backwards looking and feels out of tune with my current ITFC experience, which is far more

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:58 - Nov 4 with 1057 viewsChorleyBoy

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:37 - Oct 27 by norfsufblue

They basically played one chorus and it did get me singing!🤣🤣.... it needs to be given a decent airing tbf.... all you youngsters need to give it a good belting out and I'm confident it would become a firm favourite

Convincing "the youngsters" to get behind this one is like someone egging me on to fill my lungs with the strains of Vera Lynn.

The youngsters who you'd like to belt this out won't even remember the good times. If anyone's going to belt out a late 60's, top 10 hit it has to be the oldsters.
Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 10:08 - Nov 4 with 1044 viewshoppy

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 09:57 - Nov 4 by Buhrer

Are you on a fee? Music is beautifully subjective innit. To me that tune sounds old. Kind of maudlin, backwards looking and feels out of tune with my current ITFC experience, which is far more

Can see the whole of the Cobbold joining in with that, word perfect.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 10:58 - Nov 4 with 1000 viewsBuhrer

Love affair - bringing on back the good times on 10:08 - Nov 4 by hoppy

Can see the whole of the Cobbold joining in with that, word perfect.

Thats an ambitious goal! Tbh I'd rather have no music 'blaring out of tannoys' just crowd singing, but that's my internal soundtrack.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024