Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 13:30 - Nov 1 with 2056 viewsCopfordBlue

Does anyone on here remember it? Did anyone go to the game or the one at PR two days later when we beat them 4-2?

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 13:54 - Nov 1 with 1984 viewsjontysnut

Sir Bobby scored for them
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 14:13 - Nov 1 with 1935 viewsPJH

I went to the home game and remember that because of fog it was not always possible to see what was happening at North Stand end from the front of Churchman’s.
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 14:51 - Nov 1 with 1871 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

My father went to the fixture at Fulham and was under the impression we had celebrated a bit too heavily over the Christmas period!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 15:36]
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 14:52 - Nov 1 with 1864 viewsGeoffSentence

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 14:13 - Nov 1 by PJH

I went to the home game and remember that because of fog it was not always possible to see what was happening at North Stand end from the front of Churchman’s.

Fecking fog again. Bit of a weakness for us.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 15:01 - Nov 1 with 1830 viewsPJH

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 14:52 - Nov 1 by GeoffSentence

Fecking fog again. Bit of a weakness for us.

Not at the home game it wasn’t, we won. One of 9 wins that season.
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 15:12 - Nov 1 with 1808 viewsbluesatin

My Aunty took me to the game I was 10 years old as a Christmas treat Gerry Baker scored I think still got the Programme and I am still going to this day. Didn't go to the home game
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 17:26 - Nov 1 with 1589 viewshjerman

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 15:12 - Nov 1 by bluesatin

My Aunty took me to the game I was 10 years old as a Christmas treat Gerry Baker scored I think still got the Programme and I am still going to this day. Didn't go to the home game

A season ticket friend of my fathers went to the game, he sadly died in his 90s at the end of 2021. I picked him up for a game on boxing day a few years back and he talked about the game, I was proud to know someone who went, but a well spoken man surprised me by saying it was obvious that the whole Ipswich team were p1ssed as soon as they came on to the pitch. Very interesting chat about that and other away trips from that period.
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 17:31 - Nov 1 with 1572 viewsmonty_radio

There was talk around the town of players seen emerging from the Manor Club/ballroom in the wee small hours; wasn't able to confirm it at the age of 13

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 20:49 - Nov 1 with 1442 viewsITFC_History

If i remember corrector the teams sheets were exactly the same for both fixtures, apart from one change. Danny Hegan replaced Ted Phillips for the 2nd game
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 03:36 - Nov 2 with 1337 viewsreadtheleaguetable

I was at the home game. What a turnaround. Proved once and for all the importance of sobriety at game time!

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 04:57 - Nov 2 with 1323 viewswitchdoctor

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 03:36 - Nov 2 by readtheleaguetable

I was at the home game. What a turnaround. Proved once and for all the importance of sobriety at game time!

me too
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 22:33 - Nov 2 with 1168 viewsmonty_radio

Was listening in on radio as Graham Leggat scored a hattrick in 4 minutes. Each of them was a "back to Craven Cottage where there's been another goal" sinking moment. Anglia Match of the week covered the fogbound home game; the murky pictures on the telly were still able to tell me a bit more than I'd seen from the game with my own eyes because the cameras were on the halfway line and I was behind one of the goals, in current Sir Alf.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 02:42 - Nov 3 with 1101 viewsPavlovsCat

Was too young to go but I do remember the 10-1, post-Christmas, alcohol-induced, away defeat vividly. However, I did attend the superb, but unexpected, 4-2 victory at home a couple of days later.

Bonkers! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 08:48 - Nov 3 with 1007 viewsHarlestonblue

Fulham 10 Ipswich 1 on 14:51 - Nov 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

My father went to the fixture at Fulham and was under the impression we had celebrated a bit too heavily over the Christmas period!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 15:36]

I heard the same. Ipswich players were very hung over!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024