Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst 11:26 - Dec 3 with 2349 viewstractorboy1978

I thought he was exceptional again yesterday. What a coup he is for £1.5m! I don't think he is fantastic at any particular attribute but he is just 7/10 at everything - pace, strength, finishing, hold up play, link up play etc. Towards the end yesterday, he held off two defenders for a ball and laid it off when he was visibly absolutely goosed. We really owe it to him to get him some support in January, someone to share the minutes so we can keep him fresh and at his best.
Hirst on 12:10 - Dec 3 with 2229 viewsMK1

Think he has been absolutely brilliant since signing, as have all of McKenna's signings to be fair. George is just great for us and I genuinely believe he would be able to do a job for us next season if we were in the Prem. I rate this kid very highly indeed.
Hirst on 12:37 - Dec 3 with 2175 viewsArnieM

He is a coup …. But that’s largely down to our fantastic Club being able to ID the raw talent and our even more fantastic coaching staff developing a young player that other clubs hadn’t got a clue how to coach him or get the best out of him. He’s a much better player now than he was 12/12 ago.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hirst on 13:27 - Dec 3 with 2114 viewsnrb1985

Arguably our most important player given the drop off in quality to his understudy(s).

Reminds a bit of an EFL Drogba and not just because of the goal Barnsley - which was peak Drogba.
Hirst on 14:40 - Dec 3 with 2040 viewsBugs

The bloke behind me was moaning about Hirst all game, "get Ladapo on!" often being spouted from him. He and to a lesser extent the bloke sat next to him were really winding me up, especially in the second half.

They seem to enjoy moaning when we aren't blowing teams away more than they enjoy some of the fantastic football we have seen at Portman Rd this season. But they are clueless with it in what they moan about, which makes it worse. Although they have stopped screaming "Boot it" this season.....so far.
Hirst on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 2024 viewsParisBlue

Wonder if Leicester regret selling him to us.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Hirst on 20:25 - Dec 3 with 1678 viewssuffolkpoker

Hirst on 14:42 - Dec 3 by ParisBlue

Wonder if Leicester regret selling him to us.

If they don’t now they will on Boxing Day.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

It's the speed that impresses me on 21:41 - Dec 3 with 1556 viewsunstableblue

He really cover the ground quickly

He's clever as well, following Broadhead's excellent and near perfect through ball, he could have fluffed his lines.. but he crossed the box and the defender, leaving him no choice but to stand off or get sent off.... and it was a neat finish

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hirst on 12:05 - Dec 4 with 1187 viewsrayman_10

Although Simms didn’t set the world alight when he came on you can see why we wanted him. Height, power, pace… much of the same attributes Hirst has. If McKenna could mould him into the system as he has with Hirst, that would be ideal. Hirst for 65/70 mins then bring on Simms. Wonder if we pay the up front money cov paid without the add ons, they would take it?

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Hirst on 12:11 - Dec 4 with 1164 views_clive_baker_

+1

So pivotal in our system. His movement is excellent and has been since he joined, he just looks such a natural forward and every bit someone who has only ever known football and being a #9. His dad was a hell of a player too, you just get the impression with him he knows his position, he's a bit of a throwback as an out and out centre forward who can do a bit of everything.

The most encouraging thing about him is he's improving as well, he's clearly very naturally gifted, but also benefitting from the environment he's in. Need to make sure he stays fit as right now we would be fooked without him.
Hirst on 12:18 - Dec 4 with 1134 viewsKieran_Knows

Hirst on 12:05 - Dec 4 by rayman_10

Although Simms didn’t set the world alight when he came on you can see why we wanted him. Height, power, pace… much of the same attributes Hirst has. If McKenna could mould him into the system as he has with Hirst, that would be ideal. Hirst for 65/70 mins then bring on Simms. Wonder if we pay the up front money cov paid without the add ons, they would take it?

Yes, I thought similar as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024