Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Upcoming fixtures 10:22 - Dec 4 with 1260 views_clive_baker_

Annoying that Norwich have Preston and Sheffield Wednesday both at home before they play us. They're going to come into it in form aren't they? Feasible that they're 5 wins from 6 and on the coattails of the playoffs by then. Hopefully Sheffield Wednesday get a result off them and they're all crying about Delia again, I can barely keep up with their fickle fans.

Interesting games this weekend with us at Boro, Southampton at Watford and Leeds at Blackburn. Then midweek we're at Watford, Leeds at Sunderland and Southampton at Coventry. We've all got 2 tough away ones coming up. It'll certainly be interesting.
Upcoming fixtures on 10:32 - Dec 4 with 1171 viewsSteve_M

Wednesday might just be having a mini-revival, scoring three on Saturday probably easier on the back of a well-earned draw against Leicester. Preston on the other hand have fallen off a cliff.

If we get nine points from the next five matches then I think we'll have done really well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Upcoming fixtures on 10:39 - Dec 4 with 1132 viewsGuthrum

This is probably just the wrong time to be playing SheffWeds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Upcoming fixtures on 10:44 - Dec 4 with 1118 viewsSomethingBlue

It's by an absolute street the toughest run of the season. Suspect we'll slip up at one of Boro and Watford – perhaps Watford, they're looking handy now and have some very sharp attackers. Anyone on either side of the Town/Norwich divide was always kidding themselves that we'll walk all over them: even when bad this season they've never been utter dross, just flakily mid-table. All bets are off on 16th. Anything from Leeds feels like a bonus but I actually fancy us to pull something out against Leicester.

Anything above what I'd regard as a "break even" of seven points before the QPR game, and we'll have done tremendously.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 10:45]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Upcoming fixtures on 11:05 - Dec 4 with 1017 views_clive_baker_

Upcoming fixtures on 10:44 - Dec 4 by SomethingBlue

It's by an absolute street the toughest run of the season. Suspect we'll slip up at one of Boro and Watford – perhaps Watford, they're looking handy now and have some very sharp attackers. Anyone on either side of the Town/Norwich divide was always kidding themselves that we'll walk all over them: even when bad this season they've never been utter dross, just flakily mid-table. All bets are off on 16th. Anything from Leeds feels like a bonus but I actually fancy us to pull something out against Leicester.

Anything above what I'd regard as a "break even" of seven points before the QPR game, and we'll have done tremendously.

Before WBA I told myself we needed (a somewhat arbitrary) 17 points from the next 10 games (WBA away - Stoke away on NYD, at which point we have the league break) which felt and feels ambitious given the nature of the games. We've taken 6 from 3 so far, can we get 11 more from the next 7 games? QPR and Norwich at home are certainly good opportunities on paper, although I don't think I'll ever go into a derby game completely confident, and QPR look to be finding some form. I think we'll need to win a couple on the road at Boro, Watford, Leeds or Stoke, or Leicester at home on boxing day. Not out of the question of course.

If we still have a 5+ point gap to 3rd after we've played Stoke then I'll seriously start to believe, that would be incredible, and probably relies on us not losing at Elland Road. There will be 20 games left at that point and we'll have been to WBA, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Watford, Stoke, Leeds and Southampton. Probably 7 of the toughest 10 away games this season I would say.
Upcoming fixtures on 11:10 - Dec 4 with 984 viewsMeltonBlue

The way I am looking at it.. if we can get 5 points from the next 4 games, we will be at 50 at half way.. to get play offs even if we needed 80 points we only require 10 wins from 23 games to hit that point target..
Upcoming fixtures on 11:15 - Dec 4 with 952 viewstractorboy1978

Watford concerns me more than Boro. They've got real WBA vibes - big, powerful team with a few explosive attacking players that on their day have the capability to blow away any team. They seem to have found some form too.

Boro, I think there is a likelihood that ends up a pretty cagey game between two well drilled sides playing a similar way and two managers that know each other inside out. They've got more first choice players missing than us though and fancy us to nick it.
Upcoming fixtures on 11:20 - Dec 4 with 914 viewstextbackup

4 points from boro and Watford would be incredible, but by no means impossible. I think we beat boro by the way.

Even though these games look, and are, hard, I still think we’ll pick up enough points to see us points clear of 3rd going into Jan

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024