Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals last night 16:05 - Dec 13 with 1371 viewsBramidan

I read every report I can get my hands on after a town game.
I’m sure people would say I’m biased but take last night as an example.
Apparently we benefited from a mistake by their central defender in order for us to get the win.
Very few actually state that we gave them their goal and those that have played it down.
I really do feel the media, generally, do not give us sufficient credit.
Having said that, as we continue to win they can do one.
Goals last night on 16:09 - Dec 13 with 1309 viewsBseaBlue

Plus the goal that was ruled out for pretty much nothing.
Goals last night on 16:10 - Dec 13 with 1308 viewshoppy

Have they mentioned the other Hirst one that was ruled out, or the hit post, both of which would've made it even more comfortable?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Goals last night on 16:12 - Dec 13 with 1292 viewsBigCommon

Yes, it was an error from their CB... But it was a "forced" error.. He was put under pressure and messed it up, similar to their goal and Hladky... You have to give credit to a teams press, imo. Even though the player will get blamed..
Tbf, we get plenty of media credit.. (Too much for my liking).. I would rather us be out of the spotlight and carry on without too much media noise.. But its only going to ramp up, if we keep on doing what we're doing.
Goals last night on 16:27 - Dec 13 with 1221 viewsBramidan

Goals last night on 16:12 - Dec 13 by BigCommon

Yes, it was an error from their CB... But it was a "forced" error.. He was put under pressure and messed it up, similar to their goal and Hladky... You have to give credit to a teams press, imo. Even though the player will get blamed..
Tbf, we get plenty of media credit.. (Too much for my liking).. I would rather us be out of the spotlight and carry on without too much media noise.. But its only going to ramp up, if we keep on doing what we're doing.

Sorry I disagree with your suggestion that their press led to Hladky gifting the ball to their attacker.
Yes I know playing out from the back will result in mistakes but his “pass” was abysmal.
Across the penalty area and totally mis hit.
Keepers error with no Watford player close to him as opposed to our goal which, yes he mis controlled, but it was taken off his foot.
Still who cares, 3 points.
COYB
Goals last night on 16:31 - Dec 13 with 1190 viewsDinDjarin

You make your own luck and the better teams make more than lesser teams.
Goals last night on 16:38 - Dec 13 with 1154 viewsCaptainAhab

Goals last night on 16:12 - Dec 13 by BigCommon

Exactly, it was only an error cos Morsy was on him in a flash, otherwise it just would have been a heavy touch.
Goals last night on 16:44 - Dec 13 with 1118 viewsWickets

Goals last night on 16:27 - Dec 13 by Bramidan

Sorry I disagree with your suggestion that their press led to Hladky gifting the ball to their attacker.
Yes I know playing out from the back will result in mistakes but his “pass” was abysmal.
Across the penalty area and totally mis hit.
Keepers error with no Watford player close to him as opposed to our goal which, yes he mis controlled, but it was taken off his foot.
Still who cares, 3 points.
COYB

Yes i do agree that Hladky made pretty much an unforced error , probably does not need saying but he has been great all season and real the team spirit was how we rolled up our sleeves and ground out the win .
Goals last night on 16:50 - Dec 13 with 1090 views_clive_baker_

I thought on balance it was quite an even game. Their goal was a real gift, as was our winner.

Aside from that we created some decent chances, particularly down the right where we got the equaliser, Hirst hit the post as well. Disallowed goal in the 1st half although I didn't have much of a view of that. Thought we rode our luck at times, they were dangerous down the flanks and had a lot of width and pace, put some really dangerous balls across the box that seemed to evade everyone on a number of occasions.

A good, proper Championship battle really in honking weather for the most part. Really enjoyable game between 2 good sides, I think had everyone walked away with a point it would've been a fair result tbh, but obviously delighted we got the winner.
Login to get fewer ads

Goals last night on 16:59 - Dec 13 with 1022 viewsLankHenners

Don't know what more people want them to say really. Any reports I've seen mention Hladky giving the ball away and if a defender taking an awful touch and slipping on the edge of their own box isn't classed as a mistake then I don't know what is.

Not liking the 'Plymouthness' from some fans this season - complaining about being underestimated, not being given enough attention, not being told how good we are all the time etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Goals last night on 19:59 - Dec 13 with 739 viewsDubtractor

Goals last night on 16:59 - Dec 13 by LankHenners

Don't know what more people want them to say really. Any reports I've seen mention Hladky giving the ball away and if a defender taking an awful touch and slipping on the edge of their own box isn't classed as a mistake then I don't know what is.

Not liking the 'Plymouthness' from some fans this season - complaining about being underestimated, not being given enough attention, not being told how good we are all the time etc.

This.

Plus, you'd be doing well not to notice all sorts of media sources (including lots of social media football accounts) giving us loads of coverage about all the records we're breaking.

On the Plymouth point though, I wonder if they are still resenting us being described as 'the best league one team ever', seeing how this season is panning out?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Goals last night on 20:23 - Dec 13 with 649 viewsLankHenners

Goals last night on 19:59 - Dec 13 by Dubtractor

This.

Plus, you'd be doing well not to notice all sorts of media sources (including lots of social media football accounts) giving us loads of coverage about all the records we're breaking.

On the Plymouth point though, I wonder if they are still resenting us being described as 'the best league one team ever', seeing how this season is panning out?

Well seeing as they spent the whole of last season being very, very, insistent that the league table was the sole way to judge how good a team was, they can surely only concede that we're far, far better than them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024