Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. 15:11 - Dec 23 with 1382 viewsTheBoyBlue

Which is as it should be with the resources available to them. We appeared to play badly, but that was mainly down to Leeds making us play badly. They did what we've done to so many teams, but just better and more clinically as they're packed with Premier League players. Leicester will likely be the same if they play at their best.

However, we're where we are on merit. Whilst Leeds have dropped points to teams that you expect, we've been great against those teams. Anything against Leicester will be a bonus but then get back on it against QPR whilst Leeds have a couple of tough looking away games.

Onwards to the next one.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:30 - Dec 23 with 1299 viewseddiespearitt03

I suppose you could say, that was a comprehensive defeat. We played our usual enterprising open game and that caught us out.

Just hope we can concentrate on containing Leicester in the first half.
The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:32 - Dec 23 with 1281 viewspointofblue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:30 - Dec 23 by eddiespearitt03

I suppose you could say, that was a comprehensive defeat. We played our usual enterprising open game and that caught us out.

Just hope we can concentrate on containing Leicester in the first half.

We played our usual enterprising open game and didn't have a single shot on target.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:34 - Dec 23 with 1259 viewsTheBoyBlue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:32 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

We played our usual enterprising open game and didn't have a single shot on target.

Leeds were immense in attack but also defence. They smothered our attack effectively. Most teams in this division won't manage that as effectively.

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:39 - Dec 23 with 1230 viewspointofblue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:34 - Dec 23 by TheBoyBlue

Leeds were immense in attack but also defence. They smothered our attack effectively. Most teams in this division won't manage that as effectively.

Odd they were good at that considering they hadn't kept a clean sheet at home since 4th October.

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 16:47 - Dec 23 with 1128 viewsTheBoyBlue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 15:39 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

Odd they were good at that considering they hadn't kept a clean sheet at home since 4th October.

I suspect they don't play as well as that every week, which is just as well for all the good work we've done this season we wouldn't be anywhere near them in the table. They knew how important it was to win.

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 16:55 - Dec 23 with 1109 viewspointofblue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 16:47 - Dec 23 by TheBoyBlue

I suspect they don't play as well as that every week, which is just as well for all the good work we've done this season we wouldn't be anywhere near them in the table. They knew how important it was to win.

Doubt they come against teams so open and expansive most weeks. Most likely opponents grind them down, Leeds over extend trying to break through and they get caught on the counter.

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:15 - Dec 23 with 1047 viewsTheBoyBlue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 16:55 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

Doubt they come against teams so open and expansive most weeks. Most likely opponents grind them down, Leeds over extend trying to break through and they get caught on the counter.

You're probably right, but I'm not sure we would get on much better trying to play in an unfamiliar way. Ultimately we want to get better playing this way which will get us positive results more often than not. Occasionally we'll lose (and maybe heavily) against the better teams, but we'll get better in the long term as a result.

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:21 - Dec 23 with 1019 viewsbournemouthblue

Leeds at their best in this league will be the best footballing team in this league, it's as simple as that.

Summerville and James are absolutely rapid, Summerville is likely to move on for megabucks at some stage, what a handful he is!

Leicester will be very solid at the back and effective but their shelf isn't quite as high as Leeds, they're a bit more functional but very effective imho.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:22 - Dec 23 with 1014 viewsPowrigan

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:21 - Dec 23 by bournemouthblue

Leeds at their best in this league will be the best footballing team in this league, it's as simple as that.

Summerville and James are absolutely rapid, Summerville is likely to move on for megabucks at some stage, what a handful he is!

Leicester will be very solid at the back and effective but their shelf isn't quite as high as Leeds, they're a bit more functional but very effective imho.

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:25 - Dec 23 with 975 viewsITFCSG

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:21 - Dec 23 by bournemouthblue

Summerville is a fking cheat, his behaviour right up there with the scum
The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:26 - Dec 23 with 963 viewsOldFart71

I said yesterday it would be about game management. We simply didn't manage the game. A bad refereeing decision lead to their resulting corner, but again we didn't defend well. I'm really not sure and haven't been for some time about most aspects of our defence. Both fullbacks are prone to being out of position and I really don't know the best combination in centre defense. Easy I know to grumble after a defeat and we must be congratulated on where we are. Again I did say when we lost to Leeds at home that it was no disgrace as they would be up the top come seasons end. Obviously a slight setback and another difficult game to come on Boxing day. It will be how we come back after today.
The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:29 - Dec 23 with 932 viewsbournemouthblue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:25 - Dec 23 by ITFCSG

Even if he is a cheat, he's still a seriously prospect, you can't deny that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:34 - Dec 23 with 861 viewsTheBoyBlue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:26 - Dec 23 by OldFart71

I said yesterday it would be about game management. We simply didn't manage the game. A bad refereeing decision lead to their resulting corner, but again we didn't defend well. I'm really not sure and haven't been for some time about most aspects of our defence. Both fullbacks are prone to being out of position and I really don't know the best combination in centre defense. Easy I know to grumble after a defeat and we must be congratulated on where we are. Again I did say when we lost to Leeds at home that it was no disgrace as they would be up the top come seasons end. Obviously a slight setback and another difficult game to come on Boxing day. It will be how we come back after today.

Pretty much spot on. They were given a helping hand for their opener, but they were just so on it that I don't think that anything we did today with who we have would've stopped them. Hopefully they'll revert to dropping points as they have been, because if they perform like that every match we won't have to do much wrong for them to eventually catch us. That they're having to work so hard to get near us (don't forget that they are still 7 points behind which I think most of us would've taken at this stage at the start of December) is phenomenal.

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:35 - Dec 23 with 858 viewsTheBoyBlue

The simple truth is that Leeds at their best are better than us. on 17:25 - Dec 23 by ITFCSG

He is too good for this level though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024