Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... 09:36 - Jan 8 with 3761 viewsbluelagos

h https://www.redwoodevents.co.uk/what-is-march-of-the-day/

Wondering if Twtd could get a team together?

The walk is 175 miles - so if there were the max 6 walkers - that's well doable - like 29 miles each (over 2 days) - only 4 walkers would mean around 22 miles per day.

Presume we'd have to fund our own hotels/travel - but could raise a few quid for a decent cause.

Anyone up for it? Message here. Have checked - no Ipswich game that weekend as it's international week.
[Post edited 8 Jan 17:19]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 12:43 - Jan 8 with 3544 viewsbackwaywhen

Unfortunately can’t help with walking , saw hi, on BBC Breakfast this morning and I have to say that was a tear jerker , you just feel for these guys , we lost our very own Jerry Thorpe to this just last year …..sadly there is no cure for this awful disease as we speak .
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 15:20 - Jan 8 with 3463 viewsfarkenhell

Which event are you thinking of Lagos? I can't see one that is 175 miles. Could you re-post the link to the event itself?
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 16:04 - Jan 8 with 3423 viewshoppy

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 15:20 - Jan 8 by farkenhell

Which event are you thinking of Lagos? I can't see one that is 175 miles. Could you re-post the link to the event itself?

It's here... 175 miles in total, broken down into sections...

https://www.redwoodevents.co.uk/what-is-march-of-the-day/

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 17:19 - Jan 8 with 3376 viewsbluelagos

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 15:20 - Jan 8 by farkenhell

Sorry - and cheers to Hoppy

Is on March 22nd to March 24th

3 days walking oop north - supported - but presume you'd need to fund yer own transport up and down and hotels.

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 19:14 - Jan 8 with 3291 viewsLRB84UK

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 12:43 - Jan 8 by backwaywhen

Unfortunately can’t help with walking , saw hi, on BBC Breakfast this morning and I have to say that was a tear jerker , you just feel for these guys , we lost our very own Jerry Thorpe to this just last year …..sadly there is no cure for this awful disease as we speak .

I would love to be a part of this if possible. I'm a bit of an issue as I can not drive though....
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 19:27 - Jan 8 with 3279 viewsLRB84UK

I did hope there might be something local organised. I emailed the club a while back but didn't get a response. He wasn't here long but he had a massive impact on our team and it would be amazing to do something for him.
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 20:55 - Jan 8 with 3222 viewsbluelagos

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 19:14 - Jan 8 by LRB84UK

I would love to be a part of this if possible. I'm a bit of an issue as I can not drive though....

If we get 4 minimum am happy to give a life up and down from Ipswich area.

BL

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 15:49 - Jan 9 with 2931 viewsIpswich1984

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 19:27 - Jan 8 by LRB84UK

I did hope there might be something local organised. I emailed the club a while back but didn't get a response. He wasn't here long but he had a massive impact on our team and it would be amazing to do something for him.

Saw a comment on FB asking if there would be something in this area and reply was "if there was enough interest"

I know I would be happy to do something local here

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 16:55 - Jan 9 with 2901 viewsLRB84UK

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 15:49 - Jan 9 by Ipswich1984

Saw a comment on FB asking if there would be something in this area and reply was "if there was enough interest"

I know I would be happy to do something local here

Amazing! I did speak to Louise a fair while ago and she said it was more up to the club/fans to organise as we're not local to them and they are doing an awful lot of fundraising etc locally. That's when I reached out to the club and didn't get a reply.

I don't have the scope of knowledge or organisational skills to organise anything by myself but would 100% be up for helping to organise/attending an event/ fundraising as part of a team.
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 13:32 - Jan 11 with 2546 viewsrmuiritfc

I saw this and wanted to take part but cannot commit that much time due to work. As such i have arranged to do a sponsored walk from Derby county to Burton albion (About 17 miles) with the blessing from Marcus wife and hope to raise some money for the charity.

It should be mentioned (thanks to Phil) in the article to do with the interview with Marcus tonight on lifes a pitch
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 23:10 - Jan 12 with 2272 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 16:55 - Jan 9 by LRB84UK

Amazing! I did speak to Louise a fair while ago and she said it was more up to the club/fans to organise as we're not local to them and they are doing an awful lot of fundraising etc locally. That's when I reached out to the club and didn't get a reply.

I don't have the scope of knowledge or organisational skills to organise anything by myself but would 100% be up for helping to organise/attending an event/ fundraising as part of a team.

Ipswich to Bristol is a little bit further but if the format allowed for 5 or 6 walkers, the distance per walker would be less. I would love to see something like that organised. I don't know if I would be fit enough to take part but would certainly want to support it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 20:39 - Jan 13 with 2123 viewsCrawfordsboot

Lagos

I have pmd you
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 16:03 - Jan 21 with 1322 viewsLancashireLad

Hello

We are walking from PNE to CHARNOCK Richard FC about 15 miles on Sunday March 23 . Hope lots f money is raised for MND . Our friend George Melling played nonleague for Bamber Bridge Altrincham Nantwich and Kendal he sadly died of MND at age of 37
Marcus Stewart walking fundraiser.... on 07:26 - Jan 25 with 880 viewsStewart27

Great idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024