Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Clarke appreciation 23:10 - Jan 22 with 1335 viewsX0Y0

I feel fans have been overly critical recently.

In the past two matches he has played over three hours against arguably two of the very best left wingers in the division (+ Summerville), perhaps premier league players in waiting, and kept them mostly quiet. He deserves credit and more appreciation from supporters - we're lucky to have him in our team.
Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:12 - Jan 22 with 1296 viewsthe_toff

I thought he played well tonight. Great tackle in the first few minutes.
Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:14 - Jan 22 with 1272 viewsSomethingBlue

He’s been great and he’s still young - the strength of criticism at times has been weird, he is improving in front of our eyes and all while carrying an injury.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:14 - Jan 22 with 1265 viewsWestcountryblue

Totally agree, noticable improvement over the past month or so.
With his athleticism, he coukd develop into a really top full back at this level and potentially, beyond.
Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:22 - Jan 22 with 1192 viewsRe_User

He was great tonight, however my big criticism came with the goal. He’s clearly a CB in his head and he stepped 2-3 paces inside where he should have been as a RB, giving the winger the space to flash the ball across. Not his fault as such, but we’d been tactically superb until that point and it was a kick in the teeth to concede like that.

Interesting to know what’s happening with Williams and if we’ll see him again, or whether Johnson will take Harry’s place as a more natural CWB.
Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:32 - Jan 22 with 1125 viewsBlueForYou

Tries hard but makes so many poor errors. Constantly out of position & makes some poor passes which put everyone else in trouble. Can’t fault his passion though. Has to do better for me.
Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:39 - Jan 22 with 1080 viewsReusersTown

Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:14 - Jan 22 by SomethingBlue

He’s been great and he’s still young - the strength of criticism at times has been weird, he is improving in front of our eyes and all while carrying an injury.

I really do think a lot of his struggles when he has them, are down to managing the achillies injury, which is a testament to how good he has been. A lot of people don't seem to unferstand how difficult that injury can be.
Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:40 - Jan 22 with 1071 viewsReusersTown

Harry Clarke appreciation on 23:32 - Jan 22 by BlueForYou

Tries hard but makes so many poor errors. Constantly out of position & makes some poor passes which put everyone else in trouble. Can’t fault his passion though. Has to do better for me.

Anymore so than Leif in the hig games?
Harry Clarke appreciation on 00:37 - Jan 23 with 932 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s weirdly reversed that some fans are demanding perfection from “one of our own” when it’s usually the local hero who gets cut a lot of slack.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Clarke appreciation on 00:54 - Jan 23 with 900 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Strong player, gets forward and plays so positively, which is great. Often has a tough job to do from a positional sense because how we play and attack teams ourselves.

I think it’s fair to note he lacked composure a few times in good positions when in behind and gifted them a chance to seal in the last ten minutes, Vaz came to the rescue.
[Post edited 23 Jan 3:05]
Harry Clarke appreciation on 05:57 - Jan 23 with 744 viewsibbleobble

I thought he had a poor first 45 last week but improved a lot second half. Last night he was very good and should have been selfish and had a crack when Hladky played him in. He deserves a goal soon for sure.
Harry Clarke appreciation on 06:08 - Jan 23 with 716 viewsNeedhamChris

Harry Clarke appreciation on 00:37 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

It’s weirdly reversed that some fans are demanding perfection from “one of our own” when it’s usually the local hero who gets cut a lot of slack.

Have you seen some of the stuff about Woolfenden over the years 😂

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Harry Clarke appreciation on 06:20 - Jan 23 with 689 viewsKentish_Tractor

I find him frustrating to watch. Firstly can't fault his commitment, the boy bleeds blue and white.

Defensively he always seems to be out if position - he's always in the centre and leaves a man free out wide which has led to goals. Also tends to dive into last ditch challenges as a result which means hes always at risk of giving away free kicks in dangerous positions and possibly penalties. To his credit he does make some good tackles too, but often they are caused by his own positioning.

Offensively he makes good runs and gets onto good positions, but he often makes poor decisions or his final shot or ball just isn't good enough.

Thankfully he's still young and has time to improve. As we know if anyone can improve him it's McKenna. Definitely has potential still but much polishing still to do. I would prefer a more experienced player in there to start games but he's certainly not the worst we've had and will hopefully get better. I am routing for him as there's a player in there somewhere.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Harry Clarke appreciation on 06:25 - Jan 23 with 663 viewsPioneerBlue

He’s a young player and the spotlight is on all players because of the position and the level we need to maintain to stay there. I feel like after a few more difficult games he has been improving and game level settling. No need to criticise young players only appreciate they will make mistakes and if they are not at the level it’s for the coaches to improve for find replacements short or long term.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024