Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good 11:53 - Jan 24 with 1568 viewsFrimleyBlue

Quite a lot has been said of his recent performances. BUT having watched this clip a fair few times now, I think it really shows the differences between a player like him and a Harness.

For me having watched the ball bounce off Harness all game or him running into trouble ( TBF he also did well himself at times, so it wasn't all bad), but for me no way in this lead up do I see Harness being able to firstly control that flick from Hutchinson, then have the movement to shake of the player, then get the attack going, then joining in with the attack, then laying it off for Luongo...

Now, yes he should have played Burns in twice. But that's the down side to when a player has had a tough period, he's desperate for a goal, imo a Broadhead with a few goals already behind in recently, passes them to Burns with no other thoughts. You can't blame him really.

But yeah, not an exciting post this, don't really have any questions after it, but just thought it was something that really showed itself when you rewatch the clip a few times.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 11:55 - Jan 24 with 1511 viewsSamWhiteUK

NB has scored a lot of goals in important games and he will have been desperate to do that again, I too can see why he didn't play Burns in
Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 12:00 - Jan 24 with 1455 viewsTootingTown

I think Broadhead is an instinctive player, good in tight situations without much time. It's when things have opened up for him when he's struggled to find the right finish or pass.
Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 1300 viewsGarv

He's suffered from missing Hirst, Morsy and Davis at various times. But apart from being less involved in goals directly he still contributes a lot in attack, like he did for the goal the other night.

I think he was probably encouraged to come and gets some shots off as well. It added to Leicester's nerves and earned us a couple of corners.

Too much made of his 'dip' in my opinion.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 13:14 - Jan 24 with 1209 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's an exciting post for me as it's completely positive! Have an uppie!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 13:21 - Jan 24 with 1147 viewsVaughan8

I think that is harsh on Harness. He wasn't great this game, but he's done things like Broadhead did in other games?

Its a good move, Which Broadhead is a major part in, but he doesn't do anything overly special or am I missing something?

Just my opinion.
Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 13:30 - Jan 24 with 1106 views_clive_baker_

He's a cut above. Said it before and will say it again, I think he's probably the most technically gifted player we own. Could argue 1 or 2 of the young loanees run him close, namely Hutchinson, but his touch and close control is filthy. The sort of player when you watch him up close at a game you get a proper appreciation for, like McGoldrick. I bet he's outrageous at 5-a-side.
Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 17:41 - Jan 24 with 816 viewslazyblue

Broadhead is by far the best player we have to add quality in a hard working team or make things happen in a tight game . He just needs to score that one quality goal again to be absolutely buzzing.
Broadhead - Why he's good when not so good on 17:58 - Jan 24 with 751 viewsRobTheMonk

He's a very good space creator too. Just little movements here and there to open passing avenues. Might sound odd, but he understands how to move around for others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024