Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that 14:39 - Jan 27 with 2850 viewsMullet

Think that's possibly the lowest we can be under McKenna. Luck, poor individuals, wastefulness, bad decisions etc can all be debated but we're gonna be hearing about today for years to come now aren't we?

I thought their first goal was excellent, but handing it to them was a good indicator of where we were at. Not a single defender were focused on defending first for either goal watching them back.

Elokobi seems like a great bloke too, which makes it even harder to be angry for me. I hope Morsy and McKenna get it right in that changing room and we are set for Preston at the weekend.

The purists who will no doubt be McKenna out now are going to be insufferable aren't they?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 18:08 - Jan 27 with 496 viewsSteve_M

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 17:31 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

Aluko was amazingly bad haha. Why we keep him as some sort of mascot I have no idea. I thought Ball was kind of ok unless it was his fault for the first goal..?

Ball is consistently “ok”, does the basics quite well but nothing more than that. Given how attacking we want our full backs and central midfielders to be he’s just a long way short, even today.

On the goal, it looked like he should have stayed central but Morsy a bit slow there too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 18:26 - Jan 27 with 468 viewsMullet

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 15:04 - Jan 27 by cbower

It pains me to agree with you. His touch was atrocious and he looked equally as lost as Broadhead. No way should either of those two start against PNE.

I feel like it's one of those things where we turn a blind eye if we win but when today happens it's seared into our minds.

It feels like we bought Taylor with midtable in mind as aim and the step from midtable League 1 to autos in the champ is way too far for him still.

Axel also did nothing to merit the earlier praise I gave him. If he thinks he should be starting after putting that performance in today he's got another think coming.

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 18:27 - Jan 27 with 467 viewsMullet

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 15:24 - Jan 27 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I'm disconnecting the number and starting a new life!

Like that geordie fella and the canoe?

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 20:46 - Jan 27 with 367 viewsMullet

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 16:15 - Jan 27 by Radlett_blue

While you can't deny Maidstone their glory - this sort of improbable, fluke result is what makes football such a great game - their goalkeeper was taking the rolling around & feigning injury to extremes, notably after he was gently pushed by Buabo.

I'd forgotten about that bit. Must have grown up a Rivaldo fan!

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 21:11 - Jan 27 with 332 viewsBluespeed225

Congratulations Maidstone - we'd all kill for equivalent memories like that on 17:29 - Jan 27 by Vegtablue

Yes Mullet! We're going to need to put our big boy pants on for many FA Cup years to come, yet the Maidstone delirium couldn't help but evoke the scenes we've enjoyed over the past 18 months and how grateful I am to this group for having provided them. The best 18 months of my lifetime following Town, now punctuated by the most unlikely and apologetic defeat in our history lol.

I'm a little surprised by the strength of feeling on here because it didn't permeate through the stands. The crowd was quite content to kick back mostly and there was hardly a lack of urgency or endeavour on the pitch. 38 shots to 2, we at least lost in the manner that left no neutrals wondering who the Championship team was. It was the classic 'giant killing' in that sense, a "how did that happen" game that most will have delighted in.

I've seen many players called out and there were poor performances, absolutely, but it was equally bizarre that we didn't win today even accounting for those. Hopefully this only motivates players further and doesn't crush confidence, some will be at a lower ebb tonight, and hopefully the transfer window ends how it clearly needs to, for us to have a fighting chance of summer glory.

Onwards we go! And 🤞 Maidstone are rewarded with an Arsenal away or equiv in the next round.

Good point, well made. ‘It didn’t permeate through the stands’. Exactly. No booing, applause for their manager, claps for our boys, who know they fcuked up, class. Before the ‘you clapped off the relegation team’ bubble start, it’s football. Barrow/Lincoln were worse. This was an upset sure, but not Sunderland 1973, Sutton V Coventry, Bournemouth V Man U 83’, or, and conveniently forgotten by regional news, Norwich V Luton, when they were Prem’ and Luton were out of the leagues!!!
KM will re-focus, this is his first set back as a manager, so all grow up, take it on the chin, and wait and see the reaction at Preston. Sleep well all, I will. (Half a bottle of red helping!😂)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024