Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting old is going to be fun… 11:17 - Feb 8 with 1654 viewsBigalhunter

My turn to pop round for a couple of hours to keep my dear old mother-in-law company last evening.
Still got the giggles now.
‘I want to watch the next Tipping Point’ I saw the one they had on yesterday’
‘Ok mum’
Five minutes of playing around with the remote and I located an episode and settled in for an hour of arcade machine tedium.
Two minutes later.
‘This isn’t it’
‘It’s the episode that was on this afternoon, mum’
‘No it isn’t. Where’s the bomb girl. The one who was in Line of Fire?’
‘Blimey mum, you mean Trigger Point and it was Line of Duty’
‘That’s what I said. What’s this crap?’

This is going to me one day, arguing blindly that Paul McKenna was our manager during the famous 100 goal season.
Getting old is going to be fun… on 11:27 - Feb 8 with 1579 viewsBlueBadger

Father in law lives in Portugal. We visit 2-3 times a year. Every day we CANNOT go out and visit the glorious coasts, fascinating medieval towns or wonderful fishing villages before 12 because he has to catch up with all his quizzes and 'Homes Under The Hammer' first.
[Post edited 8 Feb 11:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Getting old is going to be fun… on 17:19 - Feb 8 with 1219 viewsbluelagos

Getting old is going to be fun… on 11:27 - Feb 8 by BlueBadger

Father in law lives in Portugal. We visit 2-3 times a year. Every day we CANNOT go out and visit the glorious coasts, fascinating medieval towns or wonderful fishing villages before 12 because he has to catch up with all his quizzes and 'Homes Under The Hammer' first.
[Post edited 8 Feb 11:28]

Few years back I took my inlaws to Ireland for a much needed break. I drove to Manchester, picked them up and then onto Hollyhead, 4 hours on a ferry then across to the West coast to a cottage we'd hired for the week.

Fair to say I was knackered on arrival, but next night was Sunday and I asked who was coming to the local pub, knowing that Sunday is a good night for local music.

The mother law announced that as we were near the NI border she get British TV and she wanted to watch Heartbeat. Every night she stayed in to watch her soaps rather than go the pub.

What a fun week hiring a cottage to spend my evenings watching soaps with the mother in law.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Getting old is going to be fun… on 18:18 - Feb 8 with 1086 viewsronnyd

Getting old is going to be fun… on 17:19 - Feb 8 by bluelagos

Few years back I took my inlaws to Ireland for a much needed break. I drove to Manchester, picked them up and then onto Hollyhead, 4 hours on a ferry then across to the West coast to a cottage we'd hired for the week.

Fair to say I was knackered on arrival, but next night was Sunday and I asked who was coming to the local pub, knowing that Sunday is a good night for local music.

The mother law announced that as we were near the NI border she get British TV and she wanted to watch Heartbeat. Every night she stayed in to watch her soaps rather than go the pub.

What a fun week hiring a cottage to spend my evenings watching soaps with the mother in law.

Why didn't you just leave her there and go to the pub?
Getting old is going to be fun… on 18:33 - Feb 8 with 1051 viewsVanSaParody

"Old"

A parody of "Cold" by Black Country Communion

See link/have a chuckle!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2010s/blackcountrycommunion0.shtml
Getting old is going to be fun… on 20:55 - Feb 8 with 917 viewsNthQldITFC

Getting old is going to be fun… on 18:18 - Feb 8 by ronnyd

Why didn't you just leave her there and go to the pub?

I'd have been down the pub in a heartbeat.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Getting old is going to be fun… on 10:22 - Feb 9 with 637 viewsCrawfordsboot

Getting old is going to be fun… on 20:55 - Feb 8 by NthQldITFC

I'd have been down the pub in a heartbeat.

I have an image of Lagos soft soaping the mother in law 🤫
Getting old is going to be fun… on 10:44 - Feb 9 with 601 viewsEastboundSplinter

Sounds like she’d fit in quite well here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024