Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure how I feel about this. 18:16 - Feb 15 with 2170 viewsTheBoyBlue

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2024/02/12/ipswich-town-fans-told-by-jed-wallace-

Wallace was right to let fans know it was a genuine injury, but I'm still slightly annoyed at the condescending tone and the "be better than that" comment. It happened during a frustrating afternoon when West Brom were doing everything they could to waste time, which arguably they're better than that. At the time I thought it was just more s%*^housery, as I suspect most of the ground did, especially from far away. As soon as it became apparent that it was serious I think most of our support reacted with grace and sympathy, without the need of a player from a team taking 20 seconds over every throw-in telling us "be better than that."

It also surely goes without saying that we all wish Dike well with his recovery, it sounds like he's had dreadful luck in that department.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Not sure how I feel about this. on 18:23 - Feb 15 with 2033 viewsMK1

They must be desperate for news if they think that is news.
Not sure how I feel about this. on 18:50 - Feb 15 with 1873 viewsVaughan8

Lets be honest, it wasn't a challenge, they'd be going down and wasting time all game.

What do they really expect. Yes after a few minutes people realised it was serious anyway.

I would think most fans would be the same.
Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:35 - Feb 15 with 1623 viewsSwansea_Blue

There is an element of negative tribalism in every crowd that results in opposition players getting grief when they go down. But agree that there’s nothing to this. From what I could see once people realised it was serious they were supportive. It probably had feck all to do with Wallace, unless he’s claiming he spoke to everyone on 2 sides of the pitch.

Crap article. The standard of local journalism is pretty grim. And yes, their time wasting was blatant.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:53 - Feb 15 with 1523 viewsNutkins_Return

Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:35 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

There is an element of negative tribalism in every crowd that results in opposition players getting grief when they go down. But agree that there’s nothing to this. From what I could see once people realised it was serious they were supportive. It probably had feck all to do with Wallace, unless he’s claiming he spoke to everyone on 2 sides of the pitch.

Crap article. The standard of local journalism is pretty grim. And yes, their time wasting was blatant.

I think the article basically said this though. Says most fans were sympathetic and others once they realized all clapped and showed support. That is what happened.

Not sure the point of this 'news' but not offence to fans really. In fact supports that the Ipswich fans showed sympathy.
Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:58 - Feb 15 with 1487 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:53 - Feb 15 by Nutkins_Return

I think the article basically said this though. Says most fans were sympathetic and others once they realized all clapped and showed support. That is what happened.

Not sure the point of this 'news' but not offence to fans really. In fact supports that the Ipswich fans showed sympathy.

They just seem to want to twist it to create clickbait for the headline and then drop in some truths deeper in the article. Seems to be the modus operandi for a lot of media outlets these days.

Wh’s pretty clear those is that it wasn’t Wallace who changed the crowd’s reaction. That’s just bull.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:59 - Feb 15 with 1482 viewsSwailsey

I admit that I moaned about him going down and then felt immediately guilty when it appeared that he was badly hurt. A lot of people near him in the Cobbold were giving him grief. It’s a lesson learnt for me. Genuinely have thought about it a couple of times.

There is an element of crying wolf, but people could see he was hiding his head and was in tears and were still giving him stick (I witnessed this first hand), which was pretty unsavoury. At that point, they definitely could have done better.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Not sure how I feel about this. on 20:10 - Feb 15 with 1409 viewsIllinoisblue

Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:35 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Re your last point, I think it’s a crap fan site full of rumours and clickbait, but just dressed up to look like an actual news site.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not sure how I feel about this. on 20:43 - Feb 15 with 1255 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not sure how I feel about this. on 19:59 - Feb 15 by Swailsey

I admit that I moaned about him going down and then felt immediately guilty when it appeared that he was badly hurt. A lot of people near him in the Cobbold were giving him grief. It’s a lesson learnt for me. Genuinely have thought about it a couple of times.

There is an element of crying wolf, but people could see he was hiding his head and was in tears and were still giving him stick (I witnessed this first hand), which was pretty unsavoury. At that point, they definitely could have done better.

I am similar, but notwithstanding the elements you mention in your last paragraph, I think WBA created the mood that allowed for that reaction, so their condescending tone is grating.

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure how I feel about this. on 20:55 - Feb 15 with 1181 viewsPinewoodblue

WBA csn waste as much time as they like tomorrow evening if circumstances dictate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Not sure how I feel about this. on 21:22 - Feb 15 with 1012 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not sure how I feel about this. on 20:55 - Feb 15 by Pinewoodblue

WBA csn waste as much time as they like tomorrow evening if circumstances dictate.

Bloomin' well hope so!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024