Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do teams do through investigations on refs too? 10:23 - Feb 19 with 1157 viewsRIPbobby

What with all the stats and analysis about opposing teams and players I wonder if we as a club have a dossier on refs? I wondered this because when we played West Brom they seemed to know exactly how to get around the ref with dark arts. And basically got away with a lot before the ref took action. The fact that Morsy has 10+ yellows to his name suggests we don't factor this. I wonder what some teams actually do to get the extra 1 or 2 % of decisions.
Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:15 - Feb 19 with 1067 viewsheavyweight

If we do it hasn't been working recently.

In the last 15 league games 201 fouls have been given against us as opposed to 130 for. With only the Middlesborough game where we weren't the foulingest team.

In the games prior to that irs been fairly even 211 / 215 with a fairly even split between us being the fouler and the fouled.

I have no idea what this indicates?
Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:18 - Feb 19 with 1045 viewsbluefunk

Mark Clattenberg is apparently taking a job with Forest to analyse the decisions in their games. I guess this was bound to happen once you open the door to second guessing them with VAR
Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:22 - Feb 19 with 1027 viewsPinewoodblue

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:15 - Feb 19 by heavyweight

In the last 15 league games 201 fouls have been given against us as opposed to 130 for. With only the Middlesborough game where we weren't the foulingest team.

In the games prior to that irs been fairly even 211 / 215 with a fairly even split between us being the fouler and the fouled.

It probably indicates we are better at retaining possession after being fouled.

The number of times refs play advantage, and forget to book the opponent.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:26 - Feb 19 with 1009 viewsGeoffSentence

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:15 - Feb 19 by heavyweight

There seem to be a lot of occasions where fouls against us go unpunished because we have an advantage.

I have no idea how this compares to other teams, but it may be that we a great at keeping play moving even after being fouled, or don't look for the foul and look to keep playing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:35 - Feb 19 with 983 viewsBarcaBlue

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:18 - Feb 19 by bluefunk

Mark Clattenberg is apparently taking a job with Forest to analyse the decisions in their games. I guess this was bound to happen once you open the door to second guessing them with VAR

Barça were recently accused of paying the head of Spanish refereeing for preferential treatment. Barça said they were paying for reports and analysis. The amount they were paying would be bit high for simple insight you'd have thought but who knows, it's gone bit quiet on that front recently. At the very least there must be a conflict of interest.

I'm sure most top clubs have dossiers on referees, it's also quite likely that at least one club would cross the line and wander into a very grey area.
Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:42 - Feb 19 with 939 viewsMattinLondon

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:35 - Feb 19 by BarcaBlue

Barça were recently accused of paying the head of Spanish refereeing for preferential treatment. Barça said they were paying for reports and analysis. The amount they were paying would be bit high for simple insight you'd have thought but who knows, it's gone bit quiet on that front recently. At the very least there must be a conflict of interest.

I'm sure most top clubs have dossiers on referees, it's also quite likely that at least one club would cross the line and wander into a very grey area.

Sir Alex Ferguson kept dossiers on refs - as soon as he knew who was going to officiate their matches he would instruct his players on how to intimidate him, or just get on with it.
Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 12:22 - Feb 19 with 819 viewsMookamoo

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 11:18 - Feb 19 by bluefunk

Think this has more to do with Clattenberg wanting to raise his profile. I wouldn't be surprised if it was him that contacted them.

He'll be on Masked Strictly Dancing On Ice very soon
Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 12:36 - Feb 19 with 772 viewsbluefunk

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 12:22 - Feb 19 by Mookamoo

Think this has more to do with Clattenberg wanting to raise his profile. I wouldn't be surprised if it was him that contacted them.

He'll be on Masked Strictly Dancing On Ice very soon

“If he was a cake he’d eat himself” as someone famous said about another famous person
Login to get fewer ads

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 15:10 - Feb 19 with 631 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 12:36 - Feb 19 by bluefunk

“If he was a cake he’d eat himself” as someone famous said about another famous person

Are you sure you're not thinking of Battenberg ?

Do teams do through investigations on refs too? on 15:13 - Feb 19 with 612 viewsSarge

Good use of foulingest. A perfectly cromulent word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024