Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... 22:02 - Feb 20 with 1065 viewsKievthegreat

but it's 3 points and we're up to 3rd. We are back ahead of Southampton and effectively 1 point off 2nd.

McKenna will need to drill down into just why we played so bad, in particular how we lost our shape so badly. If it's fitness then he needs to find the right balance because we've got 5 games in 18 days before we get an international break.

However we will go into Saturday knowing that a win will either take us back into the top 2, or bring us within 6 points of Leicester who at one point were miles away. Buzzing for Saturday. This season is gonna go to the wire.
[Post edited 20 Feb 22:02]
An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:08 - Feb 20 with 927 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not quite, a game of two halves (as all or games seem to be!)

But yeah, not at our best.

RIP Sir Bobby

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:09 - Feb 20 with 911 viewskeighleyblue

What a load of bol1ocks
An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:10 - Feb 20 with 862 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think they all need a good day’s rest tomorrow. Start again on Thursday.

Worried about Clarke as Tuanzebe hasn’t played for a month and looks well off the pace.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:13 - Feb 20 with 805 viewsKievthegreat

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:09 - Feb 20 by keighleyblue

What a load of bol1ocks

Which bit?
An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:13 - Feb 20 with 800 viewsSuperblue95

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:09 - Feb 20 by keighleyblue

What a load of bol1ocks

Not really, that second half display was probably the worst we’ve ever played under McKenna. Totally dominated at home by the team bottom of the league.

Hopefully just fatigue/bad day at the office and we will be back at it for the weekend

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:16 - Feb 20 with 733 viewsKievthegreat

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:10 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

I think they all need a good day’s rest tomorrow. Start again on Thursday.

Worried about Clarke as Tuanzebe hasn’t played for a month and looks well off the pace.

I'm not convinced by Tuanzebe. Great pedigree, but doesn't seem to click for some reason or other. I don't think he's the answer if we need to rest Clarke, but then I don't think there is any alternative except for maybe Dom Ball. What I'd give for Brandon or Janoi to be back and ready to go.
An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:19 - Feb 20 with 661 viewsNutkins_Return

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:13 - Feb 20 by Superblue95

Not really, that second half display was probably the worst we’ve ever played under McKenna. Totally dominated at home by the team bottom of the league.

Hopefully just fatigue/bad day at the office and we will be back at it for the weekend

It was very poor. We started the 2nd half better. If we didn't gift them the 2nd it probably would have been a more comfortable evening if not vintage.
An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:21 - Feb 20 with 631 viewsbaxterbasics

Got to be the worst win I have seen in a long time. Apart from the 15 mins where we scored the three goals, everything just went wrong.

How were Rotherham allowed so much possession, and so much time in our 3rd?

Woolf and Clarke equally responsible for the first ridiculous goal. Hlad for the second. Ref for the third but really we should have been out of sight by then.

It’s a shame because at HT it felt like an oppo to really boost our GD which is getting close to Southamptons at least.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:31 - Feb 20 with 533 viewsRocky

An Absolutely Atrocious Display.... on 22:19 - Feb 20 by Nutkins_Return

It was very poor. We started the 2nd half better. If we didn't gift them the 2nd it probably would have been a more comfortable evening if not vintage.

Rotherham were really good at keeping the ball in midfield. It wasn't all about lumping it forward with them - they actually passed it well and controlled the midfield. Not many teams have done this to us recently. That's 2 games in succession where we've had less possession. Maybe 2 tough away games took their toll for us.
Finding a way to win is a great positive. Soton couldn't manage that tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024