Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread 08:33 - Feb 21 with 1218 viewsChris_ITFC

“They’re just not good enough to play close contact football.”

[irritated] “Why do they keep doing this?”, when Town passed short from Hladky.

Genuine quotes from last night. Why do these miserable sods pay their money? Forget how well McKennaball works - after all this time, even the partially-sighted punter knows what they’re going to get!

Please feel free to share your own Overheard At PR experiences with the congregation.

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 08:55 - Feb 21 with 1082 viewsZx1988

Behind me was the general air, all match, of someone who hasn't watched the team at all in the last 18 months in terms of the reaction to playing it short at goal kicks.

After Rotherham scored their penalty: "Hladky definitely needs dropping now. Walton has to start against Birmingham."

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 08:58 - Feb 21 with 1060 viewsfranz_tyson

Why not tap them on the shoulder and tell them to their faces?
Is there credit in snitching on other fans behind a keyboard?
AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:06 - Feb 21 with 1013 viewssouthnorfolkblue

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 08:55 - Feb 21 by Zx1988

Behind me was the general air, all match, of someone who hasn't watched the team at all in the last 18 months in terms of the reaction to playing it short at goal kicks.

After Rotherham scored their penalty: "Hladky definitely needs dropping now. Walton has to start against Birmingham."

To be fair if Hladky doesn’t cock up on that 2nd goal, we win that game comfortably. We had complete control up until that point. That error changed the momentum of the game imho.

Blaming him for not saving the penalty is just nuts though!

Poll: Our final position

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 908 viewsChris_ITFC

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 08:58 - Feb 21 by franz_tyson

Why not tap them on the shoulder and tell them to their faces?
Is there credit in snitching on other fans behind a keyboard?

Because that would be horrendously confrontational and unnecessary.

Forum:
A medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 897 viewsChris_ITFC

I forgot to add - those quotes were from completely separate people!
AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:36 - Feb 21 with 874 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There's a fella called Franz or some such near me. I swear the bilge that he comes out with every game is unbelievable, it's getting to the point where I might have to report him to the authorities.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:39 - Feb 21 with 835 viewsbraveblue

You are right. Everyone gets nervous and we will make mistakes. But look what this style has done for us in the past two years. Second half last night someone near me was screaming for two up front!!
AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:59 - Feb 21 with 725 viewshomer_123

That was the first time that a team has pressed us like that from the get go, for all game, in a long long time.

Rotherham, at points, committed 5 or 6 forward for the press.

What we have been seeing is a high block from teams and not a direct press (waiting for the first or second pass to press), whereas as soon as we played it Rotherham were on us. No time for our defenders on the ball at all.

In addition, they pressed Travis and Morsy and pinned them very close to our back four so they were simply not an outlet - so we couldn't work the ball into the middle and out wide again. And if we went wide to Davis or Clark, they were on us.

Fair play to Rotherham but also fair play to the lads for trying to continue to play out. That said, we did go long often last night to Burns and Moore but once Moore picked up the knee injury he was far less effective, compounded by the fact that he had no one near him - so if he did get a flick on or held the ball up, he had no options.

I was not expecting Rotherham to keep that level of pressing up for the full game, so fair play to them - I doubt many teams could to be honest.

Finally, more to your OP, yes, there were murmurings last night of not wanting the lads to play out and you could see why - so many mistakes and odd decision making from them but then, they were under pressure all the time - so it was to be expected.
[Post edited 21 Feb 10:24]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 10:10 - Feb 21 with 681 viewsChris_ITFC

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:59 - Feb 21 by homer_123

That was the first time that a team has pressed us like that from the get go, for all game, in a long long time.

What we have been seeing is a high block from teams and not a direct press (waiting for the first or second pass to press), whereas as soon as we played it Rotherham were on us. No time for our defenders on the ball at all.

In addition, they pressed Travis and Morsy and pinned them very close to our back four so they were simply not an outlet - so we couldn't work the ball into the middle and out wide again. And if we went wide to Davis or Clark, they were on us.

Fair play to Rotherham but also fair play to the lads for trying to continue to play out. That said, we did go long often last night to Burns and Moore but once Moore picked up the knee injury he was far less effective, compounded by the fact that he had no one near him - so if he did get a flick on or held the ball up, he had no options.

I was not expecting Rotherham to keep that level of pressing up for the full game, so fair play to them - I doubt many teams could to be honest.

Finally, more to your OP, yes, there were murmurings last night of not wanting the lads to play out and you could see why - so many mistakes and odd decision making from them but then, they were under pressure all the time - so it was to be expected.

Yes, a combination of credit to Rotherham and what felt like some complacency from us.

Tactically, I thought Rotherham were superb, aside from their LWB role, which they fixed after the head injury with Clucas moving into the middle.

It will be interesting to see if other (more well-equipped) teams adopt similar tactics! It might increase those murmurings somewhat..!
AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 10:10 - Feb 21 with 679 viewsMeadowlark

AMNESTY: Overheard At PR Thread on 09:59 - Feb 21 by homer_123

"get go"

🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024