Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a chance... 21:39 - Feb 21 with 1955 viewsBondiBlue

...that despite vaz being so good for us in the championship, if we go up we might be better off playing walton? We surely won't be playing out quite so much and we'll be facing more shots...

Poll: Which would you accept?

Is there a chance... on 21:44 - Feb 21 with 1908 viewsDubtractor

If we go up we'd need a better keeper than both of them tbh.

That's not a dig at either, who have both done well for us, but we'd need a far more complete 'package' in a keeper in the premier league.
[Post edited 21 Feb 21:45]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is there a chance... on 22:25 - Feb 21 with 1788 viewsFacefacts

Significant money was spent on Ciaran Slicker. Town will replace one of the other keepers if an upgrade is needed on Walton or Vas. Hard to tell what they'll do, unless Vas and Walton were given new contracts in January.

Slicker got us through a pen shootout at Reading.

Walton has been given 3 cup games and hasn't grabbed those opportunities. We lost two of those games. His contract was up in June, did we renew it in January, or are we going to ask him to look for another club and leave for free. Too risky to bring him back as every game is now as big as a cup final. I can see why people are saying bring him back, but he hasn't looked good enough when brought in.

Vas was brilliant from game 1 at Sunderland, same contract situation as Walton, if we renewed his contract then he'll be staying. Has had a brilliant season. One of the main reasons we've overachieved this season. Yes he's been pressed into errors, but huge credit for being so important with his distribution.

So I would see Slicker being at least the backup keeper next season, otherwise why bring him in when we did for the significant fee...
Is there a chance... on 22:28 - Feb 21 with 1764 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there a chance... on 22:25 - Feb 21 by Facefacts

Significant money was spent on Ciaran Slicker. Town will replace one of the other keepers if an upgrade is needed on Walton or Vas. Hard to tell what they'll do, unless Vas and Walton were given new contracts in January.

Slicker got us through a pen shootout at Reading.

Walton has been given 3 cup games and hasn't grabbed those opportunities. We lost two of those games. His contract was up in June, did we renew it in January, or are we going to ask him to look for another club and leave for free. Too risky to bring him back as every game is now as big as a cup final. I can see why people are saying bring him back, but he hasn't looked good enough when brought in.

Vas was brilliant from game 1 at Sunderland, same contract situation as Walton, if we renewed his contract then he'll be staying. Has had a brilliant season. One of the main reasons we've overachieved this season. Yes he's been pressed into errors, but huge credit for being so important with his distribution.

So I would see Slicker being at least the backup keeper next season, otherwise why bring him in when we did for the significant fee...

What is significant money? Seen this claimed a few times but never heard a figure.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is there a chance... on 23:00 - Feb 21 with 1659 viewsFacefacts

Is there a chance... on 22:28 - Feb 21 by J2BLUE

What is significant money? Seen this claimed a few times but never heard a figure.

Slicker fee was undisclosed, his value on Transfermarkt is given as £300k, he was given a three year contract when signed from Man City. Is young, but has hardly played.
By comparison..
Vas £400K - realistic given his age
Walton £900K - no one is going to pay this, unproven since foot injury

Don't know where the rumours of significant fee came from. Guesswork I suppose. Been in Pep's match day squad. We needed a third keeper and he didnt count towards the squad numbers. Too many unknowns here.
Is there a chance... on 23:12 - Feb 21 with 1616 viewsHerbivore

Is there a chance... on 23:00 - Feb 21 by Facefacts

Slicker fee was undisclosed, his value on Transfermarkt is given as £300k, he was given a three year contract when signed from Man City. Is young, but has hardly played.
By comparison..

Don't know where the rumours of significant fee came from. Guesswork I suppose. Been in Pep's match day squad. We needed a third keeper and he didnt count towards the squad numbers. Too many unknowns here.

So nothing to suggest we paid a significant fee for Slicker then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there a chance... on 23:36 - Feb 21 with 1547 viewsJ2BLUE

By comparison..

Very little then to be honest.

I would be very surprised if we paid more than a token fee for him. As for Transfermarkt it's notoriously unreliable.

Al-Hamadi who I think we'd just paid roughly £1m for is listed as 400k. Aluko 150k...Lee Evans 500k.

I think we can safely say they haven't got a clue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is there a chance... on 23:47 - Feb 21 with 1519 viewsFacefacts

Is there a chance... on 23:12 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

So nothing to suggest we paid a significant fee for Slicker then?

No, nothing. Just checked a Citeh forum and they said City made him available and offloaded him as surplus to their requirements.
Is there a chance... on 00:02 - Feb 22 with 1467 viewsIllinoisblue

By comparison..

“Don’t know where the rumours of a significant fee came from” yet, somehow, that’s what you confidently lead with in your other post. Amazing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a chance... on 01:10 - Feb 22 with 1381 viewsacj

Is there a chance... on 23:47 - Feb 21 by Facefacts

No, nothing. Just checked a Citeh forum and they said City made him available and offloaded him as surplus to their requirements.

How many people are sharing this account?

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Is there a chance... on 02:31 - Feb 22 with 1318 viewsBondiBlue

Is there a chance... on 00:02 - Feb 22 by Illinoisblue

“Don’t know where the rumours of a significant fee came from” yet, somehow, that’s what you confidently lead with in your other post. Amazing.

Trump-esque mental gymnastics.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Is there a chance... on 09:49 - Feb 22 with 909 viewsHerbivore

Is there a chance... on 23:47 - Feb 21 by Facefacts

You might want to have a word with past Facefacts and see if you can get him to face some facts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024