Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22k Season Tickets 06:59 - Mar 2 with 1836 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Interesting that MA said in his interview that we now had 22,000 season ticket holders.

Sounds like we oversold last spring, when the sale window had to close early to allow for renewals.

There will always be supporters who don't renew for a variety of reasons, so I wonder if the club will look to reduce this number back to 20/21k for next season. Especially as we'll have to accommodate 3k away supporters if we're promoted.

Certainly more income if the club sell a higher proportion of matchday tickets. I guess the trick is to ensure we continue to sell out each week. Plus I guess we need to sell a certain number of season tickets, as this is guaranteed income for FFP accounting purposes.
22k Season Tickets on 08:05 - Mar 2 with 1608 viewsEssexBloo

It’s a big number for Championship football. Will be interesting to see what the Cobbold plans are in the next few weeks and how much the capacity will increase by. I’m hoping for at least 36,000 as the demand is certainly there.
I’d imagine we would be able to sell another 3-4000 season tickets if we were in the PL.
22k Season Tickets on 08:23 - Mar 2 with 1523 viewsUSA

22k Season Tickets on 08:05 - Mar 2 by EssexBloo

It’s a big number for Championship football. Will be interesting to see what the Cobbold plans are in the next few weeks and how much the capacity will increase by. I’m hoping for at least 36,000 as the demand is certainly there.
I’d imagine we would be able to sell another 3-4000 season tickets if we were in the PL.

But it’s likely we won’t be winning every week if we do go up so will the glory hunters turn out every week?
22k Season Tickets on 08:34 - Mar 2 with 1478 viewsChurchman

22k Season Tickets on 08:23 - Mar 2 by USA

But it’s likely we won’t be winning every week if we do go up so will the glory hunters turn out every week?

No. We are finding a wave of interest at the moment that has totally astonished me. An attendance average of 25k seems miraculous given where we were to me. I’m sure the club is realistic about how it appraises crowd potential, but has surely had to adjust this given the last couple of years.

The future though, it is about building your support base from the ground up and having the capacity to service it. The future really isn’t about old gits like me or ‘glory hunters’, however you define them. It’s about the club going into the community across the county and beyond as discussed in Holland’s interview.

Capacity? My guess is 33-35k of non restricted view seats is about enough.
[Post edited 2 Mar 8:35]
22k Season Tickets on 08:58 - Mar 2 with 1385 viewsGuthrum

22k Season Tickets on 08:34 - Mar 2 by Churchman

No. We are finding a wave of interest at the moment that has totally astonished me. An attendance average of 25k seems miraculous given where we were to me. I’m sure the club is realistic about how it appraises crowd potential, but has surely had to adjust this given the last couple of years.

The future though, it is about building your support base from the ground up and having the capacity to service it. The future really isn’t about old gits like me or ‘glory hunters’, however you define them. It’s about the club going into the community across the county and beyond as discussed in Holland’s interview.

There's also the aspect of what non-matchday revenue they can build into a new stand. Meeting rooms, leisure, retail and the like. Over a whole year, that could be as useful as a few thousand extra seats.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

22k Season Tickets on 09:11 - Mar 2 with 1316 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

22k Season Tickets on 08:34 - Mar 2 by Churchman

I wouldn't be surprised if it was quite similar to the stand Palace are planning. Capacity 13,500 and a conference center https://www.cpfc.co.uk/crystal-palace-main-stand-redevelopment/
Cobbold's capacity must be around 6500 - 7000 so that would increase our capacity to about 36k. IIRC it was quoted as costing £100M, but that was 3 or 4 years ago and construction costs have skyrocketed since then. It's a massive investment for sure, and would signal a very long term involvement of ORG to seek a RoI - so brilliant news if that is the case.

Poll: would you rather

22k Season Tickets on 09:42 - Mar 2 with 1194 viewsSheffordBlue

22k Season Tickets on 09:11 - Mar 2 by LegendofthePhoenix

I wouldn't be surprised if it was quite similar to the stand Palace are planning. Capacity 13,500 and a conference center https://www.cpfc.co.uk/crystal-palace-main-stand-redevelopment/
Cobbold's capacity must be around 6500 - 7000 so that would increase our capacity to about 36k. IIRC it was quoted as costing £100M, but that was 3 or 4 years ago and construction costs have skyrocketed since then. It's a massive investment for sure, and would signal a very long term involvement of ORG to seek a RoI - so brilliant news if that is the case.

The Pension Fund seem to have a really diverse portfolio including lots of real estate funding. It's not impossible that to fund a new stand that the Club get a separate investment from PSRPS over an extended time period that would still generate the pension fund a return even if they've sold the club as a primary asset.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

22k Season Tickets on 09:54 - Mar 2 with 1157 viewsN2_Blue

22k Season Tickets on 08:05 - Mar 2 by EssexBloo

I really hope not.

36k over the next 50 years will be nearer half full than full and I hate half empty stadiums. 33/34k with more corporate hospitality and a modern cobbold will be enough.

We are likely to spend more years at the level we are than be top tier in the next 50

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

22k Season Tickets on 10:48 - Mar 2 with 949 viewsChurchman

22k Season Tickets on 09:11 - Mar 2 by LegendofthePhoenix

Ashton has always made the point that the ground has to be looked at as an entire entity, not just rebuilding individual stands without consideration to the whole stadium. It needs to work for people of Ipswich and surround 365 days a year, not just 23 match days, without sucking the life out of local businesses.

Conferencing leisure, education, retail etc. the possibilities are well beyond an imagination free person like me. All I know is there’s no capacity for any of that in the current stadium. The area behind Churchmans and the training pitch with the ageing tent offer huge scope in addition to whatever can be agreed about the East Stand and how much of Portman Rd it can push into. The site of our ground close to the town, A12 and a hobble to the station is pretty much spot on in my view.

It’ll be interesting to see their thinking.
Login to get fewer ads

22k Season Tickets on 11:02 - Mar 2 with 889 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

22k Season Tickets on 09:54 - Mar 2 by N2_Blue

I really hope not.

36k over the next 50 years will be nearer half full than full and I hate half empty stadiums. 33/34k with more corporate hospitality and a modern cobbold will be enough.

We are likely to spend more years at the level we are than be top tier in the next 50

When you look at how ambitious the owners are, coupled with their very long term investment strategy (take Arizona Phoenix as an example, where its a long game to try to secure election into MLS) - I think you have to realise that their vision is that we certainly will spend the majority of the forseeable future in the PL. It's easy to look back on our last 20 years and think of us as a 2nd tier club. But there are lots of measures by which we are a top tier club, and that is clearly how the owners and management team see us. So that being the case, we do need to have capacity up around 36k.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024