Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relative run-ins 12:04 - Mar 4 with 4019 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Just took a look at the run-in for the top four. Not that scientific but by adding up current league position of opponents Leeds have the easiest run in followed by us then Leicester then Southampton. We all play at least one other team in the top four but Southampton have to play both Leicester and Leeds.

I'm thinking if we keep a decent run to the Southampton game and win it could be pretty decisive.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Relative run-ins on 19:55 - Mar 4 with 312 views_clive_baker_

As others have said trying to predict results is something of a pointless exercise, but fun nonetheless. Leeds are very strong and seem to be getting stronger as the season goes on, their form is ridiculous. Ok they drew at the weekend but it was an away game, local derby, and they matched our result in the same fixture. Also comes off the back of 9 straight wins and 28 points from their last 30 is absolutely filthy. I would work on the assumption they’ll continue at a pretty decent pace and wouldn’t be at all surprised if they finish on 95+ points. Leicester’s form is patchy but 7 wins from 11 sees them to 99. I would still be really surprised if they didn’t get to that sort of number despite their recent wobble.

We might well need 8 wins from our last 11 which is a bit ridiculous really, but such is the pace the top 4 are setting.

It’s back in our hands as it stands, got to stick to our side of the bargain and keep ticking off the wins. Starting tomorrow against a tough opponent.
Relative run-ins on 19:57 - Mar 4 with 296 viewsGlasgowBlue

Relative run-ins on 19:41 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

I'd be inclined to add Cardiff, Brizzle, and Boro to that group as well. We've got to play four of the five smack bang in the middle teams still.

Sorry, that should have read Cardiff rather than Watford. The reason I don't add Boro, Brizzle and Watford in the 'nothing to play for' group is that they are just 6 points off the bottom 3. So they will be putting that extra effort into making sure they keep some distance from the teams below them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Relative run-ins on 20:37 - Mar 4 with 259 viewsbluelagos

Relative run-ins on 19:16 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

Only Watford and Sunderland have nothing ti play for. Any team above them have a chance of the play offs and any teams below them are in danger of relegation.

But that group will grow. And the motivation for some teams will grow stronger too in the last couple weeks.

Lots and lots of unknowns.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024