Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night 10:34 - Mar 13 with 1184 viewsJrm_72

Plying his trade at Gillingham and sporting a vikingesque beard and shaved head combo. One of those footballers whose career passed him by through constant injuries, sad really.

First trip to Plough Lane yesterday, really cool ground. Felt clean and shiny, lots of smart innovations, and the in stadium pub was great. We sampled a Crazy Gang IPA, but about 8 local beers on offer. Couldnt then believe the couple behind me went for two pints of Stella. Philistines.

Just a shame such a pain to get to!
Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 10:49 - Mar 13 with 1111 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 10:50 - Mar 13 with 1099 viewsSharkey

I'm curious, what were the smart innovations you liked?
Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 10:54 - Mar 13 with 1077 viewsITFC_Forever

Stadium thieves.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 11:44 - Mar 13 with 969 viewsMattinLondon

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 10:54 - Mar 13 by ITFC_Forever

Stadium thieves.

I thought that Chelsea were more to blame than Wimbledon? That’s if you’re referring to Kingstonians?
Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 12:28 - Mar 13 with 867 viewsClapham_Junction

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 11:44 - Mar 13 by MattinLondon

I thought that Chelsea were more to blame than Wimbledon? That’s if you’re referring to Kingstonians?

Kingstonian's former owners were to blame - they were going to sell the stadium one way or another. At least Wimbledon let Kingstonian play there on a peppercorn rent after they bought it. It's a shame Chelsea didn't continue that arrangement. Also worth noting that Wimbledon also gave Kingstonian around £1m after selling the ground to Chelsea.
Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 12:31 - Mar 13 with 847 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's played far more football in the last 3 years than at any other time in his career. It seems (although don't say it too loudly) that his injury problems are at last behind him. Just before he retires.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 12:47 - Mar 13 with 774 viewsJrm_72

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 10:50 - Mar 13 by Sharkey

I'm curious, what were the smart innovations you liked?

Smart ordering for drinks that ive seen at a few grounds this year. Like what you get at McDonalds now. Also liked the smattering of memorabilia inside the walkways of the stadium, the original Plough Lane gates etc
Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 13:40 - Mar 13 with 670 viewsbaxterbasics

Just checked his Wiki page and you're right about the current look - quite the contrast with the boyish 2012 face on the left of the page! Surprised to see he is only 30 though. Hopefully he can still grind out a solid 2/3 years of pro football at least.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 13:46 - Mar 13 with 644 viewsITFC_Forever

Spotted a Jonny Williams in the wild last night on 11:44 - Mar 13 by MattinLondon

No, I'm referring to AFC Wimbledon doing to other sports (greyhounds and stock car racing) what they had done to them.

The old Wimbledon stock car / greyhound stadium needed to be replaced, but there's reason why a mutual agreement couldn't have been found for all three sports in the community, not just one.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024