Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So is the speaker another sexist / racist? 09:00 - Mar 14 with 1281 viewsbluelagos

Or did he not see Diane Abbott's attempts to speak at PMQs yesterday?

Was he so bound by convention (terrified of not following it) that he thought it right to ignore her?

Something not right when the victim of racist/misogyny is ignored as she was yesterday.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:03 - Mar 14 with 1262 viewsBlueBadger

I'm going with incompetent and cowardly, over here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:07 - Mar 14 with 1243 viewsMattinLondon

I do think that he’s a decent man who tries to do the decent thing but after what happened with the SNP, is now terrified of not following convention.
So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:11 - Mar 14 with 1217 viewsBlueBadger

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:03 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

I'm going with incompetent and cowardly, over here.

Meanwhile, also in Parliament.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:18 - Mar 14 with 1189 viewsJ2BLUE

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:07 - Mar 14 by MattinLondon

I do think that he’s a decent man who tries to do the decent thing but after what happened with the SNP, is now terrified of not following convention.

This.

In his defence, if he had of allowed her to speak, the Tories absolutely would have ripped into him. Especially with another intervention against the government. Obviously when it comes to things like racism that kind of thing should not be a factor but there is no way in hell this government would have let him get away with it.

Parliament needs some rule changes to bring it into the twentieth (sic) century.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:34 - Mar 14 with 1149 viewsPinewoodblue

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:18 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

This.

In his defence, if he had of allowed her to speak, the Tories absolutely would have ripped into him. Especially with another intervention against the government. Obviously when it comes to things like racism that kind of thing should not be a factor but there is no way in hell this government would have let him get away with it.

Parliament needs some rule changes to bring it into the twentieth (sic) century.

Had she been given an opportunity to speak she would have attacked both parties. She loathes Thr current Labour Party leadership as much as she does Tories.

I do winder how many of the former Labour, and of course Tory, MPs will keep their seats next election.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:58 - Mar 14 with 1090 viewsJ2BLUE

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:34 - Mar 14 by Pinewoodblue

Had she been given an opportunity to speak she would have attacked both parties. She loathes Thr current Labour Party leadership as much as she does Tories.

I do winder how many of the former Labour, and of course Tory, MPs will keep their seats next election.

Didn't she ask Starmer to restore the whip when they spoke afterwards?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 10:16 - Mar 14 with 1033 viewsBlueschev

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:34 - Mar 14 by Pinewoodblue

I think it's more the case that the current Labour leadership loathes Dianne Abbott as much as the Tories do.
So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 11:40 - Mar 14 with 898 viewsWhos_blue

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 09:07 - Mar 14 by MattinLondon

I think you've pretty much nailed it.

He certainly is neither racist or sexist.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Login to get fewer ads

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 12:21 - Mar 14 with 773 viewsDJR

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 10:16 - Mar 14 by Blueschev

I think it's more the case that the current Labour leadership loathes Dianne Abbott as much as the Tories do.

As if to prove your point, this is what I posted on another thread, the passage being taken from an article in the Guardian today by Diane Abbott.

"But sadly, racism in politics is not just a matter for any one political party. In 2022, the Forde Report – commissioned by Keir Starmer – into allegations of racism, sexism and bullying in the Labour party was finally published. Martin Forde himself is a distinguished King’s counsel. His report set out how abusive senior Labour party officials were about me in their WhatsApp groups. Among other things, they said that “[Diane Abbott] literally makes me sick” and that I was “truly repulsive”.

The report went on to point out that the criticisms of me by these senior Labour staff were “not simply a harsh response to perceived poor performance – they are expressions of visceral disgust, drawing (consciously or otherwise) on racist tropes, and they bear little resemblance to the criticisms of white male MPs elsewhere in the messages”. They did not actually call for me to be shot but the tenor was not dissimilar to what Hester said. However, to this day none of the individuals concerned have apologised to me, and the Labour party has not apologised to me personally."
So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 18:31 - Mar 14 with 602 viewsbluelagos

Lots of sensible comment on this thread, cheers.

Reckon the speaker messed up, primarily through fear of upsetting anyone and was desperate to follow convention. Given Bercow used to regularly extend PMQs to 45 mins I just can't see why he didn't give a final question to DA, given all the usual parties had got their normal allocations.

If he avoided giving her a question because he didn't wish to upset the Tories that is bang out of order, given he is supposed to be impartial. As someone so up on MP safety (rightly) I think there was every reason for him to allow DA to speak given the "She should be shot" part was so far over the line in respect to her safety.

Really unsavory yesterday how she was excluded from the debate.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So is the speaker another sexist / racist? on 23:27 - Mar 14 with 474 viewsAviator

Labour whips probably got to him again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024