Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore's back 20:45 - Apr 2 with 2610 viewsCheltenham_Blue

McKenna said it was locked up, I had mine lock up a few years ago, ended up in agony on the front room floor, couldn't move, or get up, any movement was agony. Had to wait for the ambulance and was there for 7 hours before I could get up with the aid of Diazepam.

The next day, still taking the Diazepam, it had freed up entirely and I was able to move without too many bothers at all.

That said, I'm not sure I would have been able to battle with a six fingered sister botherer five days after. But, I wasn't a professional athlete, and I bug*ered my back up bending over to pick up a hose pipe.

He'll play.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Moore's back on 21:17 - Apr 2 with 2350 views_clive_baker_

I hope so. He's proven to be such a good addition, I would love him to start on Saturday and get a goal or 2. I can't help but feel he's been flogged a little since signing, out of necessity as much as anything else. Since his first start against WBA he's started every game, something like 11 games in 7 weeks, plus some gruelling international duty in there too. Having not played a lot for Bournemouth and then going to the other extreme with us there's probably an element of over exertion to some extent. Hopefully he can get through a few more weeks!
Moore's back on 21:20 - Apr 2 with 2317 viewsipswichtillidie

Do hope it’s this.. with Hirst back on the grass I do hope he’s back sooner rather than later especially if Moores injury is serious. Ali a threat but we need a bench option whoever that may be..

Gav

Moore's back on 21:33 - Apr 2 with 2178 viewsBLUEGOLD

Moore's back on 21:20 - Apr 2 by ipswichtillidie

Do hope it’s this.. with Hirst back on the grass I do hope he’s back sooner rather than later especially if Moores injury is serious. Ali a threat but we need a bench option whoever that may be..

We have three games in a week then a 2 week break.

Let’s hope Kieffer can get through the next 3 & maybe we can get George back for the last 3 to ease the burden on him.
Moore's back on 21:47 - Apr 2 with 2050 viewsDarkBrandon

Moore's back on 21:33 - Apr 2 by BLUEGOLD

We have three games in a week then a 2 week break.

Let’s hope Kieffer can get through the next 3 & maybe we can get George back for the last 3 to ease the burden on him.

Full strength we’d have one hell of an attacking unit.

Moore
Broadhead/Chaplin/Hutchinson

Subs:
Hirst
Al-Hamadi
Burns
Sarmiento (he’s magic you know)
Harness
Jackson
Moore's back on 22:35 - Apr 2 with 1819 viewsStewart27

Moore's back on 21:47 - Apr 2 by DarkBrandon

Moore

Subs:
Hirst
Al-Hamadi
Burns
Harness
Jackson

I’d have Hirst starting over Moore
Moore's back on 22:38 - Apr 2 with 1773 viewsDarkBrandon

Moore's back on 22:35 - Apr 2 by Stewart27

I’d have Hirst starting over Moore

Maybe yeah. A different kind of threat. You could imagine KM selecting one or the other depending on the opposition.

I’d be happy if Hirst was fit enough to manage a place on the bench for the last couple of games.

And if we have Hirst, Moore and KK next season I’ll be chuffed!
Moore's back on 22:41 - Apr 2 with 1736 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Moore's back on 22:38 - Apr 2 by DarkBrandon

Maybe yeah. A different kind of threat. You could imagine KM selecting one or the other depending on the opposition.

I’d be happy if Hirst was fit enough to manage a place on the bench for the last couple of games.

And if we have Hirst, Moore and KK next season I’ll be chuffed!

KK? Help me out?

Moore's back on 22:43 - Apr 2 with 1726 viewsDarkBrandon

Moore's back on 22:41 - Apr 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

KK? Help me out?

Dang. Typo. Meant KM.
Login to get fewer ads

Moore's back on 22:45 - Apr 2 with 1692 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Moore's back on 22:43 - Apr 2 by DarkBrandon

Dang. Typo. Meant KM.

Do you mean AAH? I think we're only allowed one KM.

Moore's back on 22:57 - Apr 2 with 1607 viewsBugs

I had something similar happen to me twice.

The first time I was when I was working in a pub. I was 23. I went down in the cellar to change a barrel of beer, something I had done before 100's of times. By the time I got out of the cellar, I couldn't walk. A local had to drive me home after crawling into his car. Every time I moved, my lower back muscles would go into spasm, it was excruciating. I can't remember the drugs I was given by the doc, but definitely not Diazepam.

It happened again a few years later while at work again (not in a pub, this time). It was 3 weeks before I was fit enough to go back to work, and I was bedridden for the first two of those. Luckily, the company I worked for paid me full sick pay. I'm now pushing 50 and not had a problem like that since, thankfully.

If Moore's injury is even close to what I experienced, even with state of the art medical facilities, there isn't a chance in hell he will be fit for Saturday.
Moore's back on 23:03 - Apr 2 with 1552 viewspennblue

Moore's back on 21:47 - Apr 2 by DarkBrandon

Moore

Subs:
Hirst
Al-Hamadi
Burns
Harness
Jackson

I would go Moore, Hirst, Hamadi and Ahadme all up top

That would be interesting to see

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Moore's back on 00:10 - Apr 3 with 1319 viewsRyorry

Yep, had similar, different from usual back issues re discs.

Basically, two sorts of back problems -

Muscular (which this sounds like) - can be incredibly painful, but tend to be relatively brief, <week to resolve.

Spine/spinal canal/discs - more serious & long-term, usually a matter of 2+ months to get right.
[Post edited 3 Apr 0:12]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Moore's back on 08:33 - Apr 3 with 760 viewsRichardWright

He went in to my wife's place of work yesterday and she said he seemed absolutely fine and was moving freely. I know there is a difference between daily life and elite level sports but i'd be shocked if he isn't in the squad at the the weekend.

She said he seems like a lovely bloke too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024