Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 game winning run would be handy now…. 17:14 - Apr 6 with 1613 viewsGotOurIpswichBack

…. and absolutely possible.

What a time to be a Blue!!!

Come on - it’s on.
5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:15 - Apr 6 with 1594 viewspointofblue

We need to improve performance wise to manage it. Hopefully Burns will be back for the final three?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:20 - Apr 6 with 1546 viewsWhos_blue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:15 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

We need to improve performance wise to manage it. Hopefully Burns will be back for the final three?

We've lost once in the last 8 or 9 and sit in the autos.

A bit of perspective?

Everyone involved with town knows we weren't at our best today.

KM and the team will sort it.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:27 - Apr 6 with 1497 viewspointofblue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:20 - Apr 6 by Whos_blue

We've lost once in the last 8 or 9 and sit in the autos.

A bit of perspective?

Everyone involved with town knows we weren't at our best today.

KM and the team will sort it.

Results wise, we've been great. Performance wise, we haven't. Outside of Millwall, Cardiff and Wednesday we've been on the right side of fine margins.

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:31 - Apr 6 with 1475 viewsWhos_blue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:27 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

Results wise, we've been great. Performance wise, we haven't. Outside of Millwall, Cardiff and Wednesday we've been on the right side of fine margins.

Isn't being on the right side of fine margins the whole point of challenging for promotion?
I'm sorry, but I don't get the point you're making.
We're 2nd with 5 games to go.

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:35 - Apr 6 with 1443 viewsip6blue

Depends when/if it comes to it how much Hull & Huddersfield love Leeds
5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:37 - Apr 6 with 1428 viewspointofblue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:31 - Apr 6 by Whos_blue

Isn't being on the right side of fine margins the whole point of challenging for promotion?

Not consistently. Being on the right side of fine margins is a key component, but more often that not controlling games and seeing them out is the way to win matches. I'd argue we haven't done that for a while, which is why I was worried going into today, despite the exciting finish on Monday.

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:57 - Apr 6 with 1347 viewsGotOurIpswichBack

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:37 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

Not consistently. Being on the right side of fine margins is a key component, but more often that not controlling games and seeing them out is the way to win matches. I'd argue we haven't done that for a while, which is why I was worried going into today, despite the exciting finish on Monday.

Jeez… what about Sheff Weds?
5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 18:27 - Apr 6 with 1278 viewspointofblue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:57 - Apr 6 by GotOurIpswichBack

Jeez… what about Sheff Weds?

I've said more than once Wednesday aside. And Millwall for that matter. Forgot to do so in that post.

Login to get fewer ads

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 1188 viewsGotOurIpswichBack

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 18:27 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

I've said more than once Wednesday aside. And Millwall for that matter. Forgot to do so in that post.

…I kind of get where you are coming from, but this is the business end - 5 scrappy wins will do me, we’ve done our dominating. The league shows that.
5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 19:23 - Apr 6 with 1160 viewspointofblue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 19:16 - Apr 6 by GotOurIpswichBack

…I kind of get where you are coming from, but this is the business end - 5 scrappy wins will do me, we’ve done our dominating. The league shows that.

Agree with this too. Now is the time to just win, no matter how.

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 21:03 - Apr 6 with 992 viewsKropotkin123

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:31 - Apr 6 by Whos_blue

It's not difficult to understand...

Aside from when we've controlled games, we haven't controlled games, so you're not allowed to use those examples as examples of when we controlled games.

When we haven't controlled games, we've more often than not been on the right side of fine margins. Even if that means we get 100 points as a newly promoted side, it isn't good enough, because I'm a football fan and I'm making a point.
[Post edited 6 Apr 21:03]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 23:10 - Apr 6 with 840 viewsWhos_blue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 21:03 - Apr 6 by Kropotkin123

Aside from when we've controlled games, we haven't controlled games, so you're not allowed to use those examples as examples of when we controlled games.

When we haven't controlled games, we've more often than not been on the right side of fine margins. Even if that means we get 100 points as a newly promoted side, it isn't good enough, because I'm a football fan and I'm making a point.

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 23:50 - Apr 6 with 780 viewspointofblue

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 21:03 - Apr 6 by Kropotkin123

As much as you revel in being sarcastic it feels like our performances have dropped off of late. McKenna accurately said we weren't with it today. He's right. We also weren't at our best against Southampton, Blackburn, Rotherham, Swansea, to an extent Plymouth and Birmingham... eventually it will come back and bite, and that's what's happened today.

There are no doubt extenuating circumstances - illness, injuries, lack of depth. And, at this point of the season especially, results are the most important thing. Five in a row and we're up, no matter how they happen. I'd much prefer Watford to dominate us on Wednesday but we somehow pull out a win compared to looking at our best yet somehow losing.

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 23:53 - Apr 6 with 769 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 17:35 - Apr 6 by ip6blue

Depends when/if it comes to it how much Hull & Huddersfield love Leeds

Hopefully they’ll both be on the beach by the time we play them.
5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 03:28 - Apr 7 with 647 viewsKropotkin123

5 game winning run would be handy now…. on 23:50 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

As much as you revel in being sarcastic it feels like our performances have dropped off of late. McKenna accurately said we weren't with it today. He's right. We also weren't at our best against Southampton, Blackburn, Rotherham, Swansea, to an extent Plymouth and Birmingham... eventually it will come back and bite, and that's what's happened today.

There are no doubt extenuating circumstances - illness, injuries, lack of depth. And, at this point of the season especially, results are the most important thing. Five in a row and we're up, no matter how they happen. I'd much prefer Watford to dominate us on Wednesday but we somehow pull out a win compared to looking at our best yet somehow losing.

Apologies, it was just a joke, merely because of the way you presented your perspective. You may be right on the substance. Fingers crossed we can get autos over the line. Fantastic season either way.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024