Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missing Burns 21:48 - Apr 10 with 1003 viewsRoo

Just as we missed Hirst over Christmas we are desperately missing Burns getting behind the defence which was what was needed tonight.

Only going to get tougher but it’s squeaky bum time for all the top 3 or even 4 teams!

The tough times make the success even sweeter.

Missing Burns on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 915 viewsgainsboroughblue

I actually think Burns could've made the difference tonight.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Missing Burns on 22:20 - Apr 10 with 772 viewsbournemouthblue

Missing Burns on 21:52 - Apr 10 by gainsboroughblue

I actually think Burns could've made the difference tonight.

He'd have been similarly helpful on Saturday sadly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Missing Burns on 22:26 - Apr 10 with 737 viewsWeWereZombies

Missing Burns on 22:20 - Apr 10 by bournemouthblue

He'd have been similarly helpful on Saturday sadly

But Jackson was good tonight, I wonder if he had played last Saturday whether we would have got a result. Be interesting to see if he starts next Saturday.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Missing Burns on 22:32 - Apr 10 with 715 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Missing Burns on 22:26 - Apr 10 by WeWereZombies

But Jackson was good tonight, I wonder if he had played last Saturday whether we would have got a result. Be interesting to see if he starts next Saturday.

Jackson's performance reinforces the truth behind the headline. If Burns had started and we had brought Jackson on, it is a different second half. Similarly, Hirst will offer us a lot more when he returns. If we can get a win over the line on Saturday and then both those two return for the last 3, we are there I reckon.

But don't quote me on that!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Missing Burns on 22:36 - Apr 10 with 689 viewsWeWereZombies

Missing Burns on 22:32 - Apr 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Jackson's performance reinforces the truth behind the headline. If Burns had started and we had brought Jackson on, it is a different second half. Similarly, Hirst will offer us a lot more when he returns. If we can get a win over the line on Saturday and then both those two return for the last 3, we are there I reckon.

He he he, bookmarked...

Missing Burns on 22:37 - Apr 10 with 682 viewspointofblue

Missing Burns on 22:32 - Apr 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the issue is we don't have much of a squad when it comes to starters. Maybe 15 players - the usual first eleven, and Clarke and Edmundson can step in where required. Hutchinson at times but not consistently, and Walton is a competent keeper.

There are a few players who look great when they come on as subs but do very little when given the chance from the start - Jackson, Sarmiento, Taylor, at the moment Al-Hamidi though in fairness to him he hasn't been given the chance from the off. It's there we lack depth. We have a set starting XI and players who can make an impact from the bench. But when they get a chance in the first team they do very little.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Missing Burns on 22:43 - Apr 10 with 627 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Missing Burns on 22:37 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

I think the issue is we don't have much of a squad when it comes to starters. Maybe 15 players - the usual first eleven, and Clarke and Edmundson can step in where required. Hutchinson at times but not consistently, and Walton is a competent keeper.

There are a few players who look great when they come on as subs but do very little when given the chance from the start - Jackson, Sarmiento, Taylor, at the moment Al-Hamidi though in fairness to him he hasn't been given the chance from the off. It's there we lack depth. We have a set starting XI and players who can make an impact from the bench. But when they get a chance in the first team they do very little.

I think we have cover for every position and McKenna has utilised the squad so all the cover has had pitch time regularly too.

Of course the cover is not as good as the first choice and the impact of substitutes decreases too. Al Hamadi is carrying an injury and doing remarkably well to offer as much as he is. I am sure that once Hirst is back Al Hamadi will become a less preferred option purely to protect the injury.

The remarkable thing is that our squad including (or even especially) the subs have performed at the same level as Leeds' and Leicester's and (so far) better than Southampton's. That really is remarkable when you reflect on it. Just look at the talent in each of those squads and they aren't really underperforming generally.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Missing Burns on 22:47 - Apr 10 with 594 viewspointofblue

Missing Burns on 22:43 - Apr 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think we have cover for every position and McKenna has utilised the squad so all the cover has had pitch time regularly too.

Of course the cover is not as good as the first choice and the impact of substitutes decreases too. Al Hamadi is carrying an injury and doing remarkably well to offer as much as he is. I am sure that once Hirst is back Al Hamadi will become a less preferred option purely to protect the injury.

The remarkable thing is that our squad including (or even especially) the subs have performed at the same level as Leeds' and Leicester's and (so far) better than Southampton's. That really is remarkable when you reflect on it. Just look at the talent in each of those squads and they aren't really underperforming generally.

I agree. It just feels like we’ve got starters and finishers, and switching them round doesn’t really help. Chaplin barely did anything tonight when he came on, for example. For whatever reason, McKenna seems to have a real aversion to playing Travis alongside Morsy - I think I would try that on Saturday, then have Taylor as an attacking option off the bench in the second half. Chaplin for Hutchinson too as I think the former is better from the off and the latter strikes fear in defenders from the bench, and is showing signs of burn out.

I wish we had someone who could play left back, to give Davis a rest. I think he’s running on fumes at the moment.

Login to get fewer ads

Missing Burns on 23:00 - Apr 10 with 542 viewsWeWereZombies

Missing Burns on 22:47 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

I agree. It just feels like we’ve got starters and finishers, and switching them round doesn’t really help. Chaplin barely did anything tonight when he came on, for example. For whatever reason, McKenna seems to have a real aversion to playing Travis alongside Morsy - I think I would try that on Saturday, then have Taylor as an attacking option off the bench in the second half. Chaplin for Hutchinson too as I think the former is better from the off and the latter strikes fear in defenders from the bench, and is showing signs of burn out.

I wish we had someone who could play left back, to give Davis a rest. I think he’s running on fumes at the moment.

But Travis is a bit of an emergency loan signing because Taylor was injured at the time, better to develop our own player than utilise the loan.

Missing Burns on 23:06 - Apr 10 with 507 viewspointofblue

Missing Burns on 23:00 - Apr 10 by WeWereZombies

But Travis is a bit of an emergency loan signing because Taylor was injured at the time, better to develop our own player than utilise the loan.

I think Travis may benefit us now and we have to start thinking about the short term. There’s four games between us and the Premier League.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024