Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs 11:13 - Apr 12 with 1287 viewsmuccletonjoe

I disagree. If we can utilise this fortnight break to get Burns and Hirst back in contention. Then we have 3 games to get promoted. Win lose or draw against Middlesbrough I think we can still do it with 9 points from those games.
Even if we don't, going into play offs with a full squad would make us a formidable opponent and personally I think we would come out on top in the final.
PS ... I don't think Norwich will even make it !!
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:21 - Apr 12 with 1236 views_clive_baker_

I wouldn't say I don't fancy our chances, but I would say our chances are probably little more than 1 in 4 despite being the side likely to finish 3rd (if we don't make 2nd). We've beaten Southampton twice already this season but I don't like the idea of playing them at Wembley, they're a bl00dy good side. We've failed to beat WBA and Norwich in 4 games this season, but would rather face them. Norwich would be a horrible semi, although what better way to have the last laugh than knock them out of the playoffs.

I think we would have as good a chance as anyone, but probably no more chance than anyone.

Our best chance of playing PL football next season is to finish 2nd (or 1st). We need to match Leeds over the next 3 games and that would mean we go into Huddersfield with it all in our own hands. We're capable of that.
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:23 - Apr 12 with 1224 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I just worry given our head to head record against West Brom, and particularly Norwich is poor.

The break will definitely help though, I agree we’ve struggled to find our usual intensity over the past couple of games. That said the wider context is over the last 10-12 games we’ve had the best form in the league, even whilst Leeds have been motoring - I do think some of the assessments on here are OTT (and frankly unrealistic) when that form is not seen as good enough.
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:34 - Apr 12 with 1152 viewsbilllm

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:23 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I just worry given our head to head record against West Brom, and particularly Norwich is poor.

The break will definitely help though, I agree we’ve struggled to find our usual intensity over the past couple of games. That said the wider context is over the last 10-12 games we’ve had the best form in the league, even whilst Leeds have been motoring - I do think some of the assessments on here are OTT (and frankly unrealistic) when that form is not seen as good enough.

We need to recharge,
But we never turn up after a break that I fear,
Going into the playoffs I'm not sure we have the bottle to see it out I'd rather play wba over two legs Norwich in the final,
Totally avoid saints they are to good and my tip to win the play offs,
Fingers crossed we miss this route,
Saints will carve us apart on a big pitch,
Rather Norwich sort them out,
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:40 - Apr 12 with 1117 viewsTrumptonBlue

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:34 - Apr 12 by billlm

We need to recharge,
Going into the playoffs I'm not sure we have the bottle to see it out I'd rather play wba over two legs Norwich in the final,

According to the numbers I can find, our pitch is bigger than Wembley (slightly shorter but a good bit wider).
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:49 - Apr 12 with 1057 viewsEuropablue

There's no reason to think that we wouldn't be the favourites to go through. We are struggling to win games against teams happy to get a point or nick a draw, but if a team needs to win they will have to take some risks.
Of course the bad luck factor is always a possibility. Norwich were very lucky to score offside goals against us and even though the freekick was well taken, there is always an element of luck with a freekick.
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 12:07 - Apr 12 with 986 viewsbournemouthblue

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:40 - Apr 12 by TrumptonBlue

According to the numbers I can find, our pitch is bigger than Wembley (slightly shorter but a good bit wider).

It always seems a bit of an urban myth that Wembley is a big pitch, ours is one of the biggest in the football league

Norwich's also being smaller which will have suited them, given the physical game they imposed on us

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 12:28 - Apr 12 with 925 viewsbilllm

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:40 - Apr 12 by TrumptonBlue

Surprised by that fact,ty
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 12:29 - Apr 12 with 922 viewsIllinoisblue

Getting Burns back would be massive. Crucial, even.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 14:18 - Apr 12 with 790 viewsquad

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:21 - Apr 12 by _clive_baker_

I wouldn't say I don't fancy our chances, but I would say our chances are probably little more than 1 in 4 despite being the side likely to finish 3rd (if we don't make 2nd). We've beaten Southampton twice already this season but I don't like the idea of playing them at Wembley, they're a bl00dy good side. We've failed to beat WBA and Norwich in 4 games this season, but would rather face them. Norwich would be a horrible semi, although what better way to have the last laugh than knock them out of the playoffs.

I think we would have as good a chance as anyone, but probably no more chance than anyone.

Our best chance of playing PL football next season is to finish 2nd (or 1st). We need to match Leeds over the next 3 games and that would mean we go into Huddersfield with it all in our own hands. We're capable of that.

If we do miss out on autos and finish up in the playoffs then personally I would prefer to play Norwich in the semis than the final.

Despite the previous result at Portman Road, I fancy our chances to beat them quite comfortably at home. I think we would be too strong for them over two games. If it came to a one off final it would be more of a lottery IMO.
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 15:23 - Apr 12 with 677 views_clive_baker_

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 14:18 - Apr 12 by quad

If we do miss out on autos and finish up in the playoffs then personally I would prefer to play Norwich in the semis than the final.

Despite the previous result at Portman Road, I fancy our chances to beat them quite comfortably at home. I think we would be too strong for them over two games. If it came to a one off final it would be more of a lottery IMO.

I think the chances of us meeting Norwich at Wembley are pretty slim. There's obviously the chance we finish top 2, and also the chance they don't make the playoffs at all. Even if we're both in the playoffs, I can't see us finishing lower than 3rd now, Saints would have to be pretty near faultless to pip us I think, and given they have Leicester and Leeds away I just can't see it. With Norwich's most likely finish being 6th, a semi meet is much more likely IMO.

Norwich could finish 5th, that's a possibility with the form they're in, but if they do it then relies on us both winning our semi's.
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 15:41 - Apr 12 with 636 viewsSteve_M

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:21 - Apr 12 by _clive_baker_

Yes, very much this. There's too much of the regular season left for most of us to think about the play-offs yet.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 16:13 - Apr 12 with 571 viewsReusersTown

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 11:34 - Apr 12 by billlm

We need to recharge,

Absolute rubbish re:Saints.
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 17:18 - Apr 12 with 462 viewsSarge

Middlesbrough, Coventry, Hull, Huddersfield looks less daunting than Norwich, Norwich, Southampton. Win the ‘easier’ four and we can avoid the harder three.
Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 20:33 - Apr 12 with 350 viewsbilllm

Alot of supporters not fancying our chances in play offs on 16:13 - Apr 12 by ReusersTown

Absolute rubbish re:Saints.

Time will tell if we go down that route,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024