Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just poor taste 22:56 - May 9 with 1182 viewsReusersTown

Do we have to have so many posts on here about replacements or moving on players! Just a few days after the biggest achievement of their career and what they have given us, I really feel it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. You’re not providing some divine insight, everyone knows there is going to be transfer action. Just try and enjoy the moment and show some class.
Just poor taste on 23:03 - May 9 with 1128 viewsKropotkin123

... We've had 5 squad members leave us (six if you include Williams). These players will need to be replaced whether it is paletable to you or not.

Aluko left before we even got to the end of season event. Omari is already back home. WIlliams doesn't have a club. Things move quickly.

I have always loved the speculation. Most of it is agents fanning their own players. I wouldn't take it to heart.

Its unrealistic to expect people on a football forum to not discuss outgoing and incoming players, now the season is over. People aren't being crass, like you infer.
[Post edited 9 May 23:04]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Just poor taste on 23:22 - May 9 with 1049 views_clive_baker_

Someone’s nervous about their place on the retained list.

Spoiler, I’ve seen it. Your agent is sorting you a move to the Braintree forum.
Just poor taste on 05:59 - May 10 with 848 viewspennblue

You would hope that players don't read this forum. I do understand players families read it, but really they should not, they should know better.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Just poor taste on 06:37 - May 10 with 759 viewsWakh

Those leaving the club will likely know or have inclination they won’t be with us already. The rest of the squad will be as excited as us as to who comes in as it ultimately gives them an opportunity to progress their careers also. Competition for places is part of these guy’s lives and has been since they were academy kids.

Anyway we have about 9 to replace so there is a lot of speculation anyway and if we can’t take an interest on who might be coming in after waiting over 20 years to get back to top flight football when the hell can we?
Just poor taste on 13:08 - May 10 with 477 viewsRimsy

Yeah, madness, people discussing football on a football forum in our football off season, whatever next.

BlueBlood

Just poor taste on 13:13 - May 10 with 448 viewsTheSweeny

It's a football fan forum. An "independent" one, apparently.

Happy to help.
Just poor taste on 13:30 - May 10 with 398 viewsVic

I know what you mean, but I've got to confess that within 5 mins of the final whistle by Hudds my mind was going forward to the challenge of next season. I'm pretty sure that MA & KM were thinking the same.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just poor taste on 13:33 - May 10 with 383 views_clive_baker_

Just poor taste on 05:59 - May 10 by pennblue

You would hope that players don't read this forum. I do understand players families read it, but really they should not, they should know better.

I think you would be surprised.
Login to get fewer ads

Just poor taste on 13:34 - May 10 with 378 viewscressi

Always going to happen that's life football is all about views and opinions.
Just poor taste on 13:38 - May 10 with 352 viewsNutkins_Return

I know I've talked about comings and goings on board before but always respectfully and making a point of how highly regarded they would be and thankful for what they have done for the football club etc.

Also for the most part, again as I've stated, most that will leave will be good moves for them and that they would need and deserve to be playing week in and week out.

This is a football forum and ins/outs will always form massive part of conversation. Your sentiment is right and I've zero issues where it is respectful. Most I've seen have been respectful but you will always get one or two who have no empathy and post disrespectful things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024