Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England. 19:45 - May 10 with 806 viewsGotOurIpswichBack

Weird, usually by now I would be starting to really look forward to the EURO’s for my fix of supporting a team that has a (semi) chance, Now I am a supporter of a Prem side, I really couldn’t care less!!

Lovely.
England. on 19:53 - May 10 with 748 viewswkj

Look forward to it, consider it scouting for our top flight team.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

England. on 06:15 - May 11 with 588 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

I follow England away so have tickets to all our Euro matches.

But I vowed to accept a defeat on penalties if we got promotion. So I'm just going to enjoy the trip with my mates and whatever will be, will be.
England. on 08:29 - May 11 with 510 viewsRadlett_blue

I used to really look forward to a summer of World Cup or Euro finals. Now, the whole football season is longer, there are so many tedious "international breaks", extra, pointless competitions like the Nations League so that we don't get a summer without some sort of international tournament. Having a summer without was refreshing because by August, I was looking forward to football starting again. And the tournaments are now so long, with a usually tedious group phase. I will probably watch the England group games, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep if I missed one.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

England. on 08:59 - May 11 with 485 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Meh - club over country - zero excitement for it.

If I want to watch hyped-up overrated, underachieving players, coached by a risk adverse mediocre manager, I’ll just spend the summer watching DVD’s of the Evans era…
England. on 09:01 - May 11 with 479 viewsBuhrer

History has proven twice what England needs to win a trophy, and he's still with us.
England. on 10:52 - May 11 with 418 viewsFBI

Only semi(!) relevant but, back in the day, I went to my local to watch the England-Croatia semi-final resplendent in my Town shirt. A kid asked me what team that was.

Not any more.
[Post edited 11 May 10:53]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

England. on 11:08 - May 11 with 375 viewsRyorry

i could - always look forward to England games, and a summer without any sporting interest would be dull, though there's the Olympics later on as well of course.

Having said that, the adreneline's only going to be about 5% for the Euros in comparison with the 100% for our last 2 seasons, so I can understand people not getting uber-excited about this long-ish international break!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024