Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive 22:32 - May 21 with 1272 viewsunstableblue

As I understand it much of this McKenna to Brighton hype is Brighton themselves using client journalists to create the momentum, the opportunity. Portraying through media voices the negotiations have progressed some distance. Its just not as advanced as this board is making out and concluding.

His people will be in talks with their people, of course, perhaps McKenna is also engaged, but I doubt Ipswich have even finalised any counter offer and terms, or commitments on further squad spending, playing staff, or data analysis capability. And indeed I see mention on the board of a rumoured mega deal from Ipswich, which would be expected and we'd all support. I doubt McKenna has met the CEO/Chairman yet in person or run the rule over the detail of the organisation and set-up, and his role. For example their well know recruitment approach which is by the club structure. Had any time to take a breath and make a huge decision, indeed had any chance to 'get a bad feeling about this'.

Welcome to the Premiership. This press bubble is no longer just Phil, Stuart Watson and Brenner, it's a large set of journos with clicks and readership to feed.

It may still happen, it may not. And it will happen not because of wages, either from Brighton or from us. It will be McKenna weighing up his career path and his emotions. Real chance our squad cannot be upgraded in time to mount a survival challenge, Brighton's is years ahead of us. As are their training ground, and world class analysis teams. A relegation and return to the Championship would see McKenna's stock plummet, and his path to a top four club would close for a while (same could happen if he tried to go too fast to a United or a Chelsea).

Our hope is Brighton just doesn't feel a good fit, both in terms of structure, staff, role. And McKenna feels that commitment to the Town project and place - Suffolk loves him. Furthermore, the drop in atmosphere and fan base is a real factor - where's their platinum selling super fan?! My fear is that if he meets or has met Paul Barber he gets the sense of a club quite a bit further up the food chain than Town fans realise, a level of professionalism higher.

Finally, McKenna is very bright, and its about balance, he knows that from a PR/reputation perspective jumping ship from a newly promoted side to a club with less history and fanbase, isn't a good look. Even Brighton fans themselves are stating this.

Hang in there people.
[Post edited 21 May 22:44]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 23:03 - May 21 with 1091 viewsN2_Blue

Another thread [sigh]....could you have not just added that to the 11 pager???

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 23:11 - May 21 with 1050 viewsunstableblue

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 23:03 - May 21 by N2_Blue

Another thread [sigh]....could you have not just added that to the 11 pager???

The other thread seems to have a consensus it’s a done deal and was a mass wailing wall event? Thought I’d mix it up a bit.

Actually N2 I forgot two things:

1. McKenna will want to have surety of his club and position ASAP so he can get recruiting and planning ahead of next season, so this speculation for me ends by the end of June.

2. You know, I know, all Town fans know, that McKenna is an incredible manager destined to manage at the very top, currently other clubs fans and hierarchy don’t quite realise that, so if we can hold onto him this summer, we get that difference engine that could see us stay up. Whilst the club’s infrastructure improves. Then we’re a different offering. And we’re catching up with a Brighton.

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 23:26 - May 21 with 978 viewsN2_Blue

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 23:11 - May 21 by unstableblue

The other thread seems to have a consensus it’s a done deal and was a mass wailing wall event? Thought I’d mix it up a bit.

Actually N2 I forgot two things:

1. McKenna will want to have surety of his club and position ASAP so he can get recruiting and planning ahead of next season, so this speculation for me ends by the end of June.

2. You know, I know, all Town fans know, that McKenna is an incredible manager destined to manage at the very top, currently other clubs fans and hierarchy don’t quite realise that, so if we can hold onto him this summer, we get that difference engine that could see us stay up. Whilst the club’s infrastructure improves. Then we’re a different offering. And we’re catching up with a Brighton.

I posted about 10 posts myself to the contrary on that thread, so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Theres some pretty good discussion

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 00:39 - May 22 with 890 viewsWallingford_Boy

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 23:26 - May 21 by N2_Blue

I posted about 10 posts myself to the contrary on that thread, so not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Theres some pretty good discussion

He does make a much better argument tbf.

Or at least, more articulately put.

RIP Sir Bobby

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 08:12 - May 22 with 628 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Where's Brighton's platinum selling superfan?

He also beat Ed to the sponsoring the shirt thing by several years:

[Post edited 22 May 8:15]
I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 08:46 - May 22 with 521 viewsWeWereZombies

Don't worry - you will always be TWTD's number one unstable poster as far as I am concerned...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 08:47 - May 22 with 521 viewsBluedandy

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 08:12 - May 22 by ArnoldMoorhen

Where's Brighton's platinum selling superfan?

He also beat Ed to the sponsoring the shirt thing by several years:

[Post edited 22 May 8:15]

Fair shout but not in the same league as Ed Sheeran in terms of global celebrity or earnings from music.

OP is right, the dynamics of football journalism have completely changed now we're in the Premier League.

Brighton have clearly used preferred journalists in the national media to create a sense of irreversible momentum.
I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 13:49 - May 22 with 356 viewsunstableblue

I thought I was Unstable - the TWTD hivemind has gone mentalist massive on 08:46 - May 22 by WeWereZombies

Don't worry - you will always be TWTD's number one unstable poster as far as I am concerned...

Thanks WWZ this means a lot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024