Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this new contract excellent PR Damage limitation from Mark Ashton? 16:11 - May 22 with 1352 viewsNeedhamChris

If Mark Ashton has made the decision that he thinks Kieran want's to go (or KMc has advised MA that himself), this could be an attempt to protect him and the board from any blame here. Not that I'm saying there should be any...

So KMc is about to leave/explore leaving, and then Ashton and the club leak out a 'blockbuster £5m a year contract offer' that they've made. If he surprises them and takes it (and all the clauses I'd assume come with), then great - if he doesn't then no-one can doubt we threw every penny we could at him.

Not criticising, would expect the club to protect themselves a bit. Has the feel that KMc has decided it's time.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Is this new contract excellent PR Damage limitation from Mark Ashton? on 16:21 - May 22 with 1222 viewsChurchman

Ashton and the club haven’t announced anything yet.

There is no PR damage to limit. There is just out of hand media speculation. I understand why and how, but also that most of it is drivel.

If McKenna and his merry men should decide to toddle off to Brighton, Chelsea or Torpedo Moscow that’ll be their choice. If they do, it’ll be damage to their reputations they’ll need to limit, not ITFC’s, especially if it doesn’t work out.
Is this new contract excellent PR Damage limitation from Mark Ashton? on 16:25 - May 22 with 1189 viewsVegtablue

If it one of the accurate pieces of gossip, it wouldn't be a bluff (as you say), so more than a PR exercise.
Is this new contract excellent PR Damage limitation from Mark Ashton? on 18:54 - May 22 with 817 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Is this new contract excellent PR Damage limitation from Mark Ashton? on 16:21 - May 22 by Churchman

Ashton and the club haven’t announced anything yet.

There is no PR damage to limit. There is just out of hand media speculation. I understand why and how, but also that most of it is drivel.

If McKenna and his merry men should decide to toddle off to Brighton, Chelsea or Torpedo Moscow that’ll be their choice. If they do, it’ll be damage to their reputations they’ll need to limit, not ITFC’s, especially if it doesn’t work out.

It did cross my mind that if KM's mind is made up offering him a bumper contract at least means that Brighton will be forced to shell out more money if they want to secure his services

Poll: Our final position

Is this new contract excellent PR Damage limitation from Mark Ashton? on 19:06 - May 22 with 698 viewsBellevue_Blue

You'd have thought if this were the case it would have been quickly parroted by TWTD/ EADT.

Seems strange for a random sun journalist to go with it and it not be followed up by anyone with close links to the club.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024