Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that these are the days… 08:26 - May 23 with 970 viewsBbmaj

Following our unheralded phoenix like return to the Premier League, I wonder whether there are any plans for bulletin board upgrades.

Infrastructure - The current site has historic significance but it is now showing its age.. However, we must learn from history, when in the mid eighties a major upgrade took place at great cost. A modest package of upgrades which doesn’t require the sale of key assets would be more prudent than a full rebuild.

Sponsorship - the recent affiliation with global mega brands like Toblerone has helped increase our exposure , particularly in the far east (of Switzerland), howeverTWTD will now have significant attention due to the Premier Leagues Top Trump status. Is it time for a strategic long term deal that capitalises on the increased number of viewers, without affecting performance, which benefits the site for years to come?

Catering - an entirely cheese based menu will not satisfy future needs. It is an essential to expand to vegan cheese, posh crackers and craft beer pairings if we want to compete at Premier (foods) levels.

Safe Bed Wetting - A significant number of fans have shown a preference for this, going against the wishes of more sedate and elderly supporters. The levels of excitement in the season ahead surely require the site to invest in dedicated areas to facilitate regular bed wetting without affecting the participation of others.

Season Tickets - Can the site cope with demand in future? Long term fans deserve to enjoy the years ahead, so is it time to provide dedicated, ring fenced access to Live Chat and other features? It is important that new fans are not excluded, so a limited number of chat logins can be issued to new posters who demonstrate regular site interaction, particularly blog posters and thread starters.

My biggest fear is that other sites will see our success and attempt to poach Ham. Ham should be grilled about his intentions, and if he appears thinly sliced we should start looking for a replacement - just as a contingency. I think Hummus or Chorizo would offer continental flair, but TWTD fans may expect a more traditional approach, so watch out for additional spam.

I’m sure other posters will have their concerns and preferences. Apologies for yet another thread on this topic, but these really are the days and I’ve been biding my time and staying quiet for too long so didn’t want this passionate message to be buried in another thread.

Toodle pip, I need to check Twitter for unsubstantiated rumours from dubious sources until any real news emerges about the future of our site.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
Now that these are the days… on 08:40 - May 23 with 895 viewsSteve_M

No mention of a mobile app I see, just too ambitious??

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Now that these are the days… on 08:54 - May 23 with 866 viewsBbmaj

Now that these are the days… on 08:40 - May 23 by Steve_M

No mention of a mobile app I see, just too ambitious??

This is precisely the evolution I had in mind, thank you!

I think there have been long term fears that a mobile app would discourage Saturday 3pm attendance of the main site, affecting advertising revenue and most importantly, the atmosphere (studies are inconclusive as to whether mobile apps have a positive or negative impact on carbon emissions)

With the new TV deal, Town will rarely kick off at 3pm and majority of games will be available through a mobile app of some kind, so the equation may now be balanced and it’s time to get down with the kids, daddy-oh.
Now that these are the days… on 09:00 - May 23 with 843 viewsJ2BLUE

Tapatalk.

*runs away from Gav laughing*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now that these are the days… on 09:05 - May 23 with 818 viewsWonky

Personally I'd like much more aggressive moderation of the forums like you see on other premier league sites. I rarely engage here due to the number of idiotic or trolling posts. I'm sure these people generate traffic but it's not a good look.
Now that these are the days… on 09:17 - May 23 with 788 viewsBbmaj

Now that these are the days… on 09:05 - May 23 by Wonky

Personally I'd like much more aggressive moderation of the forums like you see on other premier league sites. I rarely engage here due to the number of idiotic or trolling posts. I'm sure these people generate traffic but it's not a good look.

Yes, I am aware that some have a view that the stewards have taken an overly lenient approach to edgy behaviour in the past, a situation which may be inappropriate in future given the increase in away posters.

I think the limited use of ban hammer may be down to the sheer volume of posts, rather than the low pay and distraction from on the pitch action. Perhaps the site can afford to employ additional staff members if other changes go through.

Or do we need to strengthen the SupporterID schemes, with posters having to provide photographic identity proof before being allowed to post? Unverified visitors could read only…. Personally I think this may go too far and upset traditional posters, some of whom do not wish Big Brother to track there every move!

(Edited to remove I’ll-judged wording that might be interpreted in ways that were not intended)

[Post edited 23 May 13:08]
Now that these are the days… on 12:43 - May 23 with 682 viewsSwansea_Blue

Now that these are the days… on 09:17 - May 23 by Bbmaj

Yes, I am aware that some have a view that the stewards have taken an overly lenient approach to edgy behaviour in the past, a situation which may be inappropriate in future given the increase in away posters.

I think the limited use of ban hammer may be down to the sheer volume of posts, rather than the low pay and distraction from on the pitch action. Perhaps the site can afford to employ additional staff members if other changes go through.

Or do we need to strengthen the SupporterID schemes, with posters having to provide photographic identity proof before being allowed to post? Unverified visitors could read only…. Personally I think this may go too far and upset traditional posters, some of whom do not wish Big Brother to track there every move!

(Edited to remove I’ll-judged wording that might be interpreted in ways that were not intended)

[Post edited 23 May 13:08]

Sorry, but are you talking about here? Phil runs a pretty tight, professional ship from what I've seen. I can't think of a single instance where you could justifiably accuse Phil/Gave/Mark of unprofessional behaviour. Inappropriate and offensive posts are often removed, but threads are allowed to breath within reason.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Now that these are the days… on 12:49 - May 23 with 657 viewsBbmaj

Now that these are the days… on 12:43 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

Sorry, but are you talking about here? Phil runs a pretty tight, professional ship from what I've seen. I can't think of a single instance where you could justifiably accuse Phil/Gave/Mark of unprofessional behaviour. Inappropriate and offensive posts are often removed, but threads are allowed to breath within reason.

Hi SB,

This is a parody thread intended to provide some light hearted relief to the other matters.
The Whoosh smiley on first post could have been further emphasised.

I have nothing but admiration for the site admins and their efforts. I will review earlier reply and edit if I can figure out where I can soften any accusation of unprfessionalism or make it clearer that this is not serious.

Thanks for the input.
Now that these are the days… on 12:55 - May 23 with 635 viewsSwansea_Blue

Now that these are the days… on 12:49 - May 23 by Bbmaj

Hi SB,

This is a parody thread intended to provide some light hearted relief to the other matters.
The Whoosh smiley on first post could have been further emphasised.

I have nothing but admiration for the site admins and their efforts. I will review earlier reply and edit if I can figure out where I can soften any accusation of unprfessionalism or make it clearer that this is not serious.

Thanks for the input.

Ah, whoosh accepted

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Now that these are the days… on 13:14 - May 23 with 589 viewsKropotkin123

I like the idea of a safe bed wetting section. Football, general, bed-wetting. Think that's all we need.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Now that these are the days… on 13:28 - May 23 with 548 viewsReus30

I think there is some form of elite posters round here - maybe make them mods....
Now that these are the days… on 19:37 - May 23 with 439 viewsBbmaj

Now that these are the days… on 13:28 - May 23 by Reus30

I think there is some form of elite posters round here - maybe make them mods....

Ah yes, I forgot the new kit design for next year!

Dress sharp enough and you can join the elite.

Fred Perry and Harrington jacket for home games, Parka for away.
Silk scarf if you want to be a peacock.

Works for any age or gender.
Now that these are the days… on 19:48 - May 23 with 415 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mark's time has come.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Now that these are the days… on 20:04 - May 23 with 394 viewsBbmaj

Now that these are the days… on 19:48 - May 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Mark's time has come.

Mark my word, the time is now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024