Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna 09:52 - May 23 with 6898 viewsGlasgowBlue

The board is becoming unreadable with the same overreactions and repetitive slagging off Keiren and his staff, based on very little confirmed information we are getting.

There are two or three interesting threads which have gone on for multiple pages, such as Joe’s, but any other subject is being pushed down the board by the endless”I’ll lose all respect for McKenna” type blubs.

Perhaps a sticky asking people to join Joe’s thread rather than start another one would help.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:35 - May 23 with 612 viewsGuthrum

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:56 - May 23 by victorysquad

I think, given we are so dependant on him right now, and he knows we have waited 20 years for this to happen, to walk out on us now would be pretty reckless imo. He knows the damage it would do to lose him right now, he has a squad of players trained up to play his playing style and totally invested in him as a manager. Now, whilst it may turn out to be the case that a chunk of them end up being squad players this season, it is still highly disruptive. It is a hard enough job to become established as it is, without losing the manager.

He also has had fantastic support from Ashton and would truly be dumping on him as well. He already has enough on his plate, with ground improvements and the small job of building a Premier capable 1st team, the last thing he needs is to have to find a new manager as well.

So, the context for me is this ^^^. However, having said all of that, if Man Utd came knocking I would agree, he has to take it, he can't turn it down, it is his club.
[Post edited 23 May 12:06]

That doesn't get past the fact he can't turn down offers he hasn't had yet.

The 20 years stuff is irrelevant to McKenna, none of that is his fault. Every departing manager leaves behind his chosen squad*. I agree, he'd be mad to ditch what he has here to get chewed up in the madhouse at Stamford Bridge. But Brighton are a few years ahead of us on a similar path with a matching style and, as you say, ManU are his club, where he's worked before.

* Possibly less so in an era where other people pick the transfers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:36 - May 23 with 604 viewsN2_Blue

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 10:08 - May 23 by Swailsey

It’s in the minority isn’t it? A lot (like myself) have said that it seems to be dragging, and that whilst we’ll always be grateful, it will leave a bit of a sour taste, but I don’t think that’s too controversial?

Agree some have gone over the line, but emotions are high.

When you have 3 or 4 reliable sources saying it’s likely he’s going, it’s more than just conjecture.

I just want to be able to enjoy promotion again!

As i said on another thread i don't think everyone can be surprised by a little negativeity towards Mckenna over this.

He owes us nothing and I’ll be eternally grateful for all he’s done. But he kills ‘legendary’ status if he leaves us without a ball being kicked in the PL.

Sorry but if definitely tarnishes it. It’s a brilliant two seasons and will never forget what he did but a legend doesn’t walk away without even giving us a chance.

There will always be a feeling of 'what if' whatever happens next season.

All this said, i think nearly all the media stuff if quite wild speculation. I personally think Mckenna will manage us come August.

The only way he doesn''t is if offered the United job as he'll take that. However i'm hopefuly they won't chance it and go for Poch or more experienced hands.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:38 - May 23 with 581 viewsDyland

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 11:46 - May 23 by Guthrum

Interesting. Implies (from other posts as well) that the agaent is perhaps operating beyond McKenna's current personal thoughts. But I suppose it's their job to get offers on the table. Questionable whose best interests they are working in, Chelsea or McKenna (plus their own, of course).

Linking individual posts is the same as for whole threads, just copy and paste the URL.

They’re looking to increase their short term margins wherever possible. Chew em up and spit em out if or when the asset loses value. They couldn’t give two hoots about their clients long term interests.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Top post on 12:39 - May 23 with 565 viewsDyland

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:07 - May 23 by ClassicBlueTractor

I rarely post but do read the board daily. In one of Mark Ashtons interviews he said there will be a lot of noise, stories and speculation about players etc but don’t believe anything unless you hear it from the Club. If there is something to say it will come from us.

No doubt KM will be sought after, his stock is high. Whatever is or is not going on behind the scenes I think we can be confident MA will have it under control. An improved contract or a plan B should KM move on. Players will not be signing for us if they don’t know who the manager is and MA will only be too well aware of this. MA has done a great job and I have very confidence that he is all over this.

Personally I don’t think the Brighton job is for him, the Chelsea one is too far of a risk, just look at Potter and Man Utd is too soon albeit that could turn his head due to the past connections. I see him staying and carrying on the project here which will only further increase his worth.

What will be will be, those who think he owes us a debt are wrong he got us promoted twice. However, if he stays he could emulate Robson and turn us into one of the big clubs.

Post more often please.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:39 - May 23 with 561 viewsRyorry

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:07 - May 23 by ClassicBlueTractor

I rarely post but do read the board daily. In one of Mark Ashtons interviews he said there will be a lot of noise, stories and speculation about players etc but don’t believe anything unless you hear it from the Club. If there is something to say it will come from us.

No doubt KM will be sought after, his stock is high. Whatever is or is not going on behind the scenes I think we can be confident MA will have it under control. An improved contract or a plan B should KM move on. Players will not be signing for us if they don’t know who the manager is and MA will only be too well aware of this. MA has done a great job and I have very confidence that he is all over this.

Personally I don’t think the Brighton job is for him, the Chelsea one is too far of a risk, just look at Potter and Man Utd is too soon albeit that could turn his head due to the past connections. I see him staying and carrying on the project here which will only further increase his worth.

What will be will be, those who think he owes us a debt are wrong he got us promoted twice. However, if he stays he could emulate Robson and turn us into one of the big clubs.

Great post, just one thing though -

" ... if he stays he could emulate Robson and turn us into one of the big clubs."

I think what you really meant was "if he stays he could emulate Robson and return us into being one of the big clubs."?

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 13:40 - May 23 with 452 viewsVic

POTW

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Top post on 14:05 - May 23 with 396 viewsClassicBlueTractor

Top post on 12:39 - May 23 by Dyland

Post more often please.

Cheers 👍
Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 14:08 - May 23 with 373 viewsClassicBlueTractor

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 12:39 - May 23 by Ryorry

Great post, just one thing though -

" ... if he stays he could emulate Robson and turn us into one of the big clubs."

I think what you really meant was "if he stays he could emulate Robson and return us into being one of the big clubs."?

Thanks and apologise, your are quite correct about that end wording. Been following Town since 67 !
Login to get fewer ads

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 14:09 - May 23 with 357 viewsClassicBlueTractor

Phil, I think we’ve reached peak meltdown on here regarding McKenna on 13:40 - May 23 by Vic

POTW

Much appreciated. COYB 💙
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024