Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I say? 23:20 - May 23 with 1041 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The level of disrespect that has been handed out to us over the last four or five days by the media and by pundits has been astonishing.

They see us as a league one club that got lucky with our manager and has now over stretched.

I really hope McKenna stays and fks them all, either that or we get a ‘name’ and still fk them all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Can I say? on 23:28 - May 23 with 945 viewsBossy

I agree. We’re just been cannon fodder.

I think we’re likely to have to find a new manager. I will get behind them immediately and if sadly McKenna goes, I’d love to beat his new team home and away. That’s what it means to be a football fan.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Can I say? on 23:31 - May 23 with 913 viewsunstableblue

Agree in part on the lack of respect of our standing, fan base and history.

But parts of the media and indeed many fans of the target clubs after McKenna have shown a lot of respect - and suggested the right decision is for McKenna to stay in Suffolk.

I hope he stays, but I do think it was a stroke of luck and a bit of genius to get McKenna in the first place. We rode on the coat tales of what I expect will be a meteoric rise in his career.

But if he does go this will be a real test of our ownership and CEO, can we make another positive managerial appointment, are we as attractive as we now hope.

Time will tell.

Let’s stay classy.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Can I say? on 08:43 - May 24 with 541 viewsRyorry

That’s nothing compared with the levels of disrespect shown by some on here towards KM himself.

They should be hanging their heads in shame.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Can I say? on 08:46 - May 24 with 515 viewsLibero

Unsurprising really considering one of the main contributors to these rumours which have spun out of control is a sports journalist who is also a Norwich supporter…
I’m sure he’s feeling very smug about sharing his nonsense.
Can I say? on 08:51 - May 24 with 459 viewspointofblue

Can I say? on 08:46 - May 24 by Libero

Unsurprising really considering one of the main contributors to these rumours which have spun out of control is a sports journalist who is also a Norwich supporter…
I’m sure he’s feeling very smug about sharing his nonsense.

To link to the posts above I think that's when some started to turn on McKenna. When that story came out about rejecting the new contract offer. Then we had the 'come and get me' article regarding Chelsea and his representatives talking to Manchester United. It could all be press speculation but it doesn't portray him in a good light - especially when it appears (though is not definite) that his agent is behind a lot of it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can I say? on 08:51 - May 24 with 459 viewsbelgablue

There's also not been a lot of credit towards the players either - as if it was all a one man band. Morsy voted by fans as the league's best player with two others shortlisted, one of whom broke assist records.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Can I say? on 08:56 - May 24 with 412 viewsLibero

Can I say? on 08:51 - May 24 by pointofblue

To link to the posts above I think that's when some started to turn on McKenna. When that story came out about rejecting the new contract offer. Then we had the 'come and get me' article regarding Chelsea and his representatives talking to Manchester United. It could all be press speculation but it doesn't portray him in a good light - especially when it appears (though is not definite) that his agent is behind a lot of it.

Aye, the speculation encourages more speculation- then the reaction from our supporters is just fuel on the fire and more speculation is made.
It’s totally blown out of proportion and in some places out of context too.

You’ve now got supporters reacting to other supporters emotional reactions and claiming McKenna/his representatives are doing X, Y, Z.
Most of this is either a total fabrication or exaggerative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024