Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” 23:39 - May 23 with 2066 viewsMatt_Netherlands

People can’t be naive enough to actually believe this - heard on a town fans Twitter chat thing earlier.

Yes it’ll be absolutely gutting if he goes, but he’s the hottest property in football management right now, so were we expecting there to be no news at all (regarding some of the biggest clubs in world football) until an announcement out of the blue that he’s signed somewhere else?

Having our pants pulled down would have been leaving half way through our season to go to palace (an established PL team), but leaving now at the very start of the summer, after giving us our two best season for two decades certainly doesn’t count as using us.

Football is a cruel game, but we can’t let disappointment turn to bitterness.

Also just think, he came close to the Palace job in Feb so Ashton has had a solid four months of succession planning under his belt.

I’ll be gutted to see him go (if he does), but this is modern footbal.
[Post edited 23 May 23:50]
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 00:39 - May 24 with 1813 viewsBenLaine

Spot on! Ipswich are about to embark on an epic, Premier League season, with or without KM, but either way, in large part because of him!
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:27 - May 24 with 1383 viewsfranz_tyson

Whatever happens.... it could all work out for the best.... or at least bring us down to reality. Its been a brilliant 2 years. I didn't think he'd be here for a long period, but just hoped he'd stick around for a couple more years. Still might.... but we'd be better prepared for it now with more and more speculation.
Gut feeling is he'll go and the longer this goes on, I think its better for all parties that he does. If he's looking at other options then he's not going to be 100% committed and it must affect his job here. And I can see a couple of bad results and it'll be comments like his heart isn't in it here and he's looking at his next job.
If we have been used.... its been a very pleasant experience and a great journey. Unlike a certain Paul Lambert who provided a very unpleasant experience and he fleeced us for millions.
[Post edited 24 May 6:35]
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:40 - May 24 with 1278 viewstractorboy1978

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:27 - May 24 by franz_tyson

Whatever happens.... it could all work out for the best.... or at least bring us down to reality. Its been a brilliant 2 years. I didn't think he'd be here for a long period, but just hoped he'd stick around for a couple more years. Still might.... but we'd be better prepared for it now with more and more speculation.
Gut feeling is he'll go and the longer this goes on, I think its better for all parties that he does. If he's looking at other options then he's not going to be 100% committed and it must affect his job here. And I can see a couple of bad results and it'll be comments like his heart isn't in it here and he's looking at his next job.
If we have been used.... its been a very pleasant experience and a great journey. Unlike a certain Paul Lambert who provided a very unpleasant experience and he fleeced us for millions.
[Post edited 24 May 6:35]

The best thing for us is retaining one of, if not the best young manager in the world. Simple as that.

If he's still here this time next week (it will be resolved by then I'm sure) then McKenna will be 100% committed. He doesn't know any other way. And he's been at the club over the last few days working.
[Post edited 24 May 7:07]
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:45 - May 24 with 1245 viewsfranz_tyson

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:40 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

The best thing for us is retaining one of, if not the best young manager in the world. Simple as that.

If he's still here this time next week (it will be resolved by then I'm sure) then McKenna will be 100% committed. He doesn't know any other way. And he's been at the club over the last few days working.

OK... but what would happen if we can't retain the best young manager in the world? It's not bedwetting... its being realistic.

That's my concern amongst some of the fanbase in that they can't get their head around Kmac could leave.
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:02 - May 24 with 1145 viewsHerbivore

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:45 - May 24 by franz_tyson

OK... but what would happen if we can't retain the best young manager in the world? It's not bedwetting... its being realistic.

That's my concern amongst some of the fanbase in that they can't get their head around Kmac could leave.

If he leaves it will be gutting of course but he leaves us in the Prem having taken over in League 1 two and a half years ago. He leaves us in a much, much better state than he found us. I'll be sad to see him go, he's a fantastic manager in pretty much every respect, but I won't have any ill will towards him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:05 - May 24 with 1099 viewstractorboy1978

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:45 - May 24 by franz_tyson

Ashton will have contingency plans but as fans we just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Unfortunately we just have to let this play out. He might leave, he might not. The only job it seems like he's been offered is Brighton - he hasn't gone there yet and not sure he would. We know he is a consummate professional and he will be giving everything to ITFC whilst he is here.

The last few days have been pretty disrespectful and poor from his agent and by extension, him. However, we need to keep perspective. The best outcome of this for us is that he's still our manager at the end of this.
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:13 - May 24 with 1041 viewsHerbivore

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:05 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

Ashton will have contingency plans but as fans we just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Unfortunately we just have to let this play out. He might leave, he might not. The only job it seems like he's been offered is Brighton - he hasn't gone there yet and not sure he would. We know he is a consummate professional and he will be giving everything to ITFC whilst he is here.

The last few days have been pretty disrespectful and poor from his agent and by extension, him. However, we need to keep perspective. The best outcome of this for us is that he's still our manager at the end of this.

Yep. For me I think it's 50/50 whether we stay up if McKenna is still here this season. If he goes I think our chances of staying up plummet to more like 20% at best. It's a lot for a new manager to come in and maintain some continuity whilst moulding the squad into what they want it to be and introducing their way of doing things. McKenna is a top manager and any contingency plan isn't going to be as good as keeping him. This will all be resolved by this time next week I imagine and in the meantime he and Ashton will be cracking on with preparations. Let's try to keep our heads and cross our fingers that things play out in our favour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:21 - May 24 with 978 viewsTangledupin_Blue

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 06:40 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

You really think this'll be sorted in a week?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:26 - May 24 with 939 viewsChorleyBoy

There are 3 possible scenarios which could be in play

a) Kieran is going and the Club are in the process of finding a replacement / replacements for the manager and any of his team that are going with him. Perhaps, most of the positions have been filled already and they are waiting for the right time for the club to announce everything

b) Kieran is probably staying and a lot of other stuff is going on below the radar while agents test the water/ thrash out future plans etc

c) It's all still in the balance.

Whatever is happening, a Club announcement would be inappropriate at present.

If Kieran's movements ARE still in the balance I think it's a good idea to keep any negative feelings we may hold towards him contained until we have a clearer picture.
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:29 - May 24 with 921 viewstractorboy1978

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:21 - May 24 by Tangledupin_Blue

You really think this'll be sorted in a week?

All these clubs are going to want their managers nailed down and sorted asap. If United get rid of Ten Haag, it won't be on a whim or without planning. They will move quickly after the final at the weekend. If they've already spoken to McKenna's agent, you can be sure they've spoken to others.
“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 09:29 - May 24 with 547 viewstractorboy1978

“We’ve been used…. We’ve had our pants pulled down!” on 07:13 - May 24 by Herbivore

Yep. For me I think it's 50/50 whether we stay up if McKenna is still here this season. If he goes I think our chances of staying up plummet to more like 20% at best. It's a lot for a new manager to come in and maintain some continuity whilst moulding the squad into what they want it to be and introducing their way of doing things. McKenna is a top manager and any contingency plan isn't going to be as good as keeping him. This will all be resolved by this time next week I imagine and in the meantime he and Ashton will be cracking on with preparations. Let's try to keep our heads and cross our fingers that things play out in our favour.

The frustration for me would be if he goes and we get relegated, people will say "see, he was right to leave". Our chances of staying up with McKenna are exponentially higher IMO, in fact I am convinced with a bit of backing (which he will get) he keeps us up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024