Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest 00:16 - May 25 with 1414 viewsPlums

How bizarre. What happens if he stands down?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 06:52 - May 25 with 1100 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ha! He seems genuinely confused as to why people don’t prostrate themselves at his feet, praising him for his glorious leadership. Out of touch doesn’t begin to explain him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 07:18 - May 25 with 1051 viewsNthQldITFC

He's trying to convince his wife, his kids, the cat, the postman, the milkman and a couple of spiders who live under the Aga to stand as candidates for him. He's run out of options, poor sod.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 07:31 - May 25 with 1016 viewsZx1988

My understanding is that, theoretically, if a new Tory leader was in place before Thursday next week, they could cancel the election before the various writs are moved, which set the legal process in motion.

That seems to be what those submitting letters of no confidence are/were banking on.

It'd be even bigger electoral suicide than calling the election in the first place though.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 07:35 - May 25 with 1000 viewsZx1988

Maybe this has something to do with it...

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 08:41 - May 25 with 833 viewsSwansea_Blue

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 07:35 - May 25 by Zx1988

Maybe this has something to do with it...

It seems that Reform have the same problem after finding out a lot of their candidates are racists (what a surprise).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 09:08 - May 25 with 759 viewsmk_blue

He's going to sit down for a bit and think very carefully about what he's done!
In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 09:40 - May 25 with 700 viewsNthQldITFC

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 08:41 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

It seems that Reform have the same problem after finding out a lot of their candidates are racists (what a surprise).

"How did they get interested in that type of thing?"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 09:46 - May 25 with 677 viewsGuthrum

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 07:31 - May 25 by Zx1988

My understanding is that, theoretically, if a new Tory leader was in place before Thursday next week, they could cancel the election before the various writs are moved, which set the legal process in motion.

That seems to be what those submitting letters of no confidence are/were banking on.

It'd be even bigger electoral suicide than calling the election in the first place though.

In which case the King could just say "Hard cheese" and dismiss the government anyway. The constitutional row would be worth it and I think many people would become sudden (if temporary) royalists.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 10:11 - May 25 with 617 viewsZx1988

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 09:46 - May 25 by Guthrum

In which case the King could just say "Hard cheese" and dismiss the government anyway. The constitutional row would be worth it and I think many people would become sudden (if temporary) royalists.

With the increased scrutiny and disquiet surrounding the monarchy, you'd like to think that Charlie Boy may just be tempted to take the populist option in such a scenario...

(although, given that the permission requested is merely to hold an election, would his permission be required to cancel the dissolution?)
[Post edited 25 May 10:14]

In other news, the guy who isn't good at managing anything is having a rest on 10:25 - May 25 with 565 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Scene: The kitchen at the palatial private home Rishi Sunak's wife's Dad's family trust own, where they really live, rather than "that pokey flat in Whitehall". Thursday, 9.00pm.

Akshata Murty: How was your day, Rish?

Rishi Sunak: Oh, you know, the usual. Met some woman for a photo opp about some law she wanted me to name after her kid. I was on autopilot, to be honest, just nodded along and shook her hand. Then I stood outside in the rain and announced a General Election.

AM: Sorry, what???

RS: Yeah, you know, you said I should be more decisive...

AM: Oh, Rish... So when does the campaign start?

RS: Oh, it's started! I've fired the gun! "Bang!!! And they're off!" Hahaha!

AM: Rish, you do know my parents are coming for dinner on Saturday, don't you?

RS: Oh, umm, I *think* I'm due to be in... [CHECKS PHONE] Lockerbie In the morning, then back down via Sellafield...

AM: RISH! YOU ARE NOT MISSING DINNER WITH MY PARENTS!

RS: Oh come on, Ash, be reasonable! I've got an Election to win...

AM: Rishi, I've told you a thousand times: you are not going to win the bloody election, and you need to get used to the idea. And if you miss dinner with my parents, how will you ask my Dad for a job?

RS: Ummm...

On Friday 24th May, Rishi Sunak announced that he would take a day off from campaigning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024