Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... 09:45 - Jun 11 with 1487 viewsitfcjoe

....since election was called.

The 49 constituencies have an average Tory majority of 10k voters from 2019 election.

Think that's quite telling re their expectations, just trying to hold on to their stronghold seats

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 11:06 - Jun 11 with 1356 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone care to predict how many Suffolk constituencies turn red?

Always considered that my vote in South Suffolk didn’t count but looks as if it will this time around.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 11:39 - Jun 11 with 1267 viewsBasuco

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 11:06 - Jun 11 by Pinewoodblue

Always considered that my vote in South Suffolk didn’t count but looks as if it will this time around.

In parts of Suffolk and Cambridgeshire the Lib Dem's stand a better chance of winning the seat than Labour, I think that tactical voting will be used quite a bit in this election. With the Conservatives dominated by far right supporters, many tory voters might feel that is not the party they supported previously.
49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 11:43 - Jun 11 with 1258 viewsDubtractor

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 11:06 - Jun 11 by Pinewoodblue

I moved into the central suffolk and north ipswich constituency last year, assuming I'd have a tory mp forevermore, with an early surprise Labour mp following Dr Dan's defection.

Guessing that a labour win is unlikely in July, but not beyond the realms of possibility....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 12:10 - Jun 11 with 1184 viewsGeoffSentence

Cartlidge is by no means the worst of them, at least he is not constantly banging on aout immigration and culture wars.

However he has supported everything the government has done, he's very much a greasy pole climbing party man, who blindly votes on goverment lines all the time. It was lovely to see him wringing himself in knots about Cummings, who he supported fervently following Barnard Castle, only to turn on him, in line with the party, once DC became the devil to the tories.

He also frequently speaks in th HoC on the subject of more private health provision aand health insurance. He seems keen on, if not dismantling the NHS, at least making healthcare into a two tier sytem for those who can and cannot afford health insurance.

Hopefully he'll be gone along wth most f the rest of them, though I think he will cling on.

According to StoptheTories.vote the best available tactical vote to get rid of him is Labour.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 12:23 - Jun 11 with 1150 viewsmattyboar

I live in Stoke Park and this year have only had representatives from Labour on my doorstep. No other party has even tried to win the constituency.

Maybe they will turn up over the next few weeks, feels unlikely though.
49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 12:31 - Jun 11 with 1129 viewsPinewoodblue

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 12:10 - Jun 11 by GeoffSentence

Cartlidge is by no means the worst of them, at least he is not constantly banging on aout immigration and culture wars.

However he has supported everything the government has done, he's very much a greasy pole climbing party man, who blindly votes on goverment lines all the time. It was lovely to see him wringing himself in knots about Cummings, who he supported fervently following Barnard Castle, only to turn on him, in line with the party, once DC became the devil to the tories.

He also frequently speaks in th HoC on the subject of more private health provision aand health insurance. He seems keen on, if not dismantling the NHS, at least making healthcare into a two tier sytem for those who can and cannot afford health insurance.

Hopefully he'll be gone along wth most f the rest of them, though I think he will cling on.

According to StoptheTories.vote the best available tactical vote to get rid of him is Labour.

It is conceivable Labour will hold at least 4, even 6 or 7, of the 8 Suffolk seats.

The main reasons being Tories voting Reform, or not bothering to vote at all. Expect turnout to be significantly down on last GE.

The size of Labour’s overall majority will be down to missing Conservative votes. Hence Sunak targeting what would normally be safe Tory seats.

Starmer is going to be able to secure victory without making any significant promises.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 13:03 - Jun 11 with 1055 viewsitfcjoe

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 12:31 - Jun 11 by Pinewoodblue

It is conceivable Labour will hold at least 4, even 6 or 7, of the 8 Suffolk seats.

The main reasons being Tories voting Reform, or not bothering to vote at all. Expect turnout to be significantly down on last GE.

The size of Labour’s overall majority will be down to missing Conservative votes. Hence Sunak targeting what would normally be safe Tory seats.

Starmer is going to be able to secure victory without making any significant promises.

Just listened to todays episode of How to WIn an Election with Peter Mandelson, Danny Finkelstein and Polly McKenzie - they had US Pollster Frank Luntz on there today

He presented to 1922 committee a few months ago and said that any Tory MP with a majority of less than 15,000 is in trouble, he says only change to that now is that it's 20,000 and Danny Finkelstein agreed.

Some interesting discussion as to why Reform will just kill the Tories but not really effect Labour - i.e they follow cultural populism and not economic populism

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 13:33 - Jun 11 with 983 viewsRadlett_blue

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 13:03 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Just listened to todays episode of How to WIn an Election with Peter Mandelson, Danny Finkelstein and Polly McKenzie - they had US Pollster Frank Luntz on there today

He presented to 1922 committee a few months ago and said that any Tory MP with a majority of less than 15,000 is in trouble, he says only change to that now is that it's 20,000 and Danny Finkelstein agreed.

Some interesting discussion as to why Reform will just kill the Tories but not really effect Labour - i.e they follow cultural populism and not economic populism

Reform will pick up some Red Wall votes (assuming they have candidates there) but they won't stop Labour regaining most of those seats, unlike in the south of England when they will probably cost the Tories seats. This will be followed by the Tories electing a right wing leader, which is actually what most of the Reform voters want anyway.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 13:52 - Jun 11 with 920 viewssoupytwist

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 13:03 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Maybe I should get involved in campaigning for a non Tory candidate then in my Essex constituency where the Conservative majority at the last election was almost 24,000.
49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 13:56 - Jun 11 with 907 viewsSmithersJones

There’s an article in the Times today that suggests the Greens are realistic competition for the Tories in Suffolk and Norfolk. While that narrative probably helps the Tories, by splitting the anti Tory vote, the council elections last year suggest it’s not a totally wrong theory.
49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 14:25 - Jun 11 with 787 viewsBlueNomad

49 constituency visits by Tory ministers so far... on 13:56 - Jun 11 by SmithersJones

There’s an article in the Times today that suggests the Greens are realistic competition for the Tories in Suffolk and Norfolk. While that narrative probably helps the Tories, by splitting the anti Tory vote, the council elections last year suggest it’s not a totally wrong theory.

I had been thinking that. Mid-Suffolk Council is Green.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024