Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m disgusted 10:59 - Jul 23 with 4353 viewsSitfcB

They shouldn’t be out there having fun.

They’re out there to work ffs.

I pay a lot of money to go and watch this team and they’re out there on a jolly, having a laugh. Wouldn’t have happened under McKenna.

We are supposed to be a serious Premier League team, what sort of training is that?

[Post edited 23 Jul 11:00]

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

16
I’m disgusted on 14:26 - Jul 23 with 730 viewsPinewoodblue

I’m disgusted on 11:11 - Jul 23 by itfckenty

I can't believe they are teambuilding. disgraceful.


O’ Neil promised Ashton he would Reform our approach to training.

Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

0
I’m disgusted on 16:12 - Jul 23 with 653 viewsKBsSocks

I’m disgusted on 14:25 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

Thank god you were here...


Thank your god that you have sobered up a bit.

Blog: Comparison Time Again

0
I’m disgusted on 22:09 - Jul 23 with 564 viewssolemio

I’m disgusted on 13:56 - Jul 23 by KBsSocks

I'll translate this as I am used to dealing with non-native speakers:

"No wonder our under-19s team lost if this is the example our first team are setting".


'team' is singular so it should be: ... our first team is setting.

No, no. Please don't thank me.
0
I’m disgusted on 23:03 - Jul 23 with 526 viewsgosblue

I’m disgusted on 22:09 - Jul 23 by solemio

'team' is singular so it should be: ... our first team is setting.

No, no. Please don't thank me.


https://www.cambridge.org/elt/
1
I’m disgusted on 23:28 - Jul 23 with 505 viewsKBsSocks

I’m disgusted on 22:09 - Jul 23 by solemio

'team' is singular so it should be: ... our first team is setting.

No, no. Please don't thank me.


When correcting, one corrects to a certain extent, in order to improve.

One also leaves a couple (you didn't spot the other) of avenues open for discussion, and demonstrating that nobody is infallible.

Unless it's your god.

But it is our team, with identifiable members, hence ... not "a team", which would be singular. I posit.
[Post edited 23 Jul 23:35]

Blog: Comparison Time Again

0
I’m disgusted on 23:30 - Jul 23 with 503 viewsKBsSocks

I’m disgusted on 23:03 - Jul 23 by gosblue

https://www.cambridge.org/elt/


hehe, exactly.

Blog: Comparison Time Again

0
I’m disgusted on 07:40 - Jul 24 with 405 viewsNthQldITFC

I’m disgusted on 23:03 - Jul 23 by gosblue

https://www.cambridge.org/elt/


Ooh, thanks, that's been one that always wound me up in Australia. My team were (or was) North Queensland, and the 'is-ing' used to really grind my gears.

However this authoritative piece from cambridge.org doesn't handle the empty condition:

"In terms of trophy maintenance, the Norwich collection is/are/???? polished every Tuesday."

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

2
I’m disgusted on 13:34 - Jul 24 with 319 viewsKBsSocks

I’m disgusted on 07:40 - Jul 24 by NthQldITFC

Ooh, thanks, that's been one that always wound me up in Australia. My team were (or was) North Queensland, and the 'is-ing' used to really grind my gears.

However this authoritative piece from cambridge.org doesn't handle the empty condition:

"In terms of trophy maintenance, the Norwich collection is/are/???? polished every Tuesday."


"collection / is", "collections / are", and a null collection is still "is":
"my collection of wasp stings is as small as NCFC's collection of trophies".

Blog: Comparison Time Again

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026