Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. 17:07 - Sep 10 with 1899 viewsBenters

On YouTube what a brilliant concert that was.

Just thought I’d share that with you fine folk.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

5
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 17:32 - Sep 10 with 1847 viewsBlue_Heath

Absolutely, this one slightly closer to home is pretty damn good too:


Poll: How many team changes tonight?

1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 17:43 - Sep 10 with 1832 viewsBenters

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 17:32 - Sep 10 by Blue_Heath

Absolutely, this one slightly closer to home is pretty damn good too:



Brilliant buh.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:57 - Sep 10 with 1747 viewsmellowblue

I remember it at the time on tv. Spotted a guy I knew from Suffolk College. Very envious. I thought it was staged in Colchester as it was supposedly to do with Essex Uni.
0
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 01:20 - Sep 11 with 1558 viewsBenters

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:57 - Sep 10 by mellowblue

I remember it at the time on tv. Spotted a guy I knew from Suffolk College. Very envious. I thought it was staged in Colchester as it was supposedly to do with Essex Uni.


They did a tour back then round some of the smaller venues.

The Colchester Uni and The old ABC theatre in Colchester included if I’m thinking right at this time of night.

I wasn’t quite old enough to go to this but I did go and see a couple of groups like Ian Gillan and Girlsschool.
[Post edited 11 Sep 1:35]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 06:26 - Sep 11 with 1470 viewsBlue_Heath

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 01:20 - Sep 11 by Benters

They did a tour back then round some of the smaller venues.

The Colchester Uni and The old ABC theatre in Colchester included if I’m thinking right at this time of night.

I wasn’t quite old enough to go to this but I did go and see a couple of groups like Ian Gillan and Girlsschool.
[Post edited 11 Sep 1:35]


Great gigs, I saw Deep Purple last year, still amazing.

Poll: How many team changes tonight?

0
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 07:26 - Sep 11 with 1430 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Magnificent 🤘.
Saw them live at the Hammersmith Odeon the following year and is still one of the best live gigs I’ve ever been to.
A very different sounding Def Leppard were the support act.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

2
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 12:12 - Sep 11 with 1338 viewsmellowblue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 01:20 - Sep 11 by Benters

They did a tour back then round some of the smaller venues.

The Colchester Uni and The old ABC theatre in Colchester included if I’m thinking right at this time of night.

I wasn’t quite old enough to go to this but I did go and see a couple of groups like Ian Gillan and Girlsschool.
[Post edited 11 Sep 1:35]


Gillan was one of my favourite groups, used be my go too music on my car stereo when driving back home from Ipswich on a night out. Didn't get to see them live. Saw plenty of other bands at the time. Maiden, Leppard, Saxon, Krokus, Motorhead etc etc. Mainly heavy metal but also stuff like Rush.
Loved AC/DC at the time, hit hard when Bon Scott died and replaced by the screeching buffoon who was about forth choice to replave Bon. Such a shame Bon did not get to record the Back in Black album, having written most of it and put the graft in to get to that point. AC/DC were a bigger band by miles after Back in Black, but a lot poorer musically.
1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 16:15 - Sep 11 with 1264 viewsBenters

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 12:12 - Sep 11 by mellowblue

Gillan was one of my favourite groups, used be my go too music on my car stereo when driving back home from Ipswich on a night out. Didn't get to see them live. Saw plenty of other bands at the time. Maiden, Leppard, Saxon, Krokus, Motorhead etc etc. Mainly heavy metal but also stuff like Rush.
Loved AC/DC at the time, hit hard when Bon Scott died and replaced by the screeching buffoon who was about forth choice to replave Bon. Such a shame Bon did not get to record the Back in Black album, having written most of it and put the graft in to get to that point. AC/DC were a bigger band by miles after Back in Black, but a lot poorer musically.


Bon was so much better you are right.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Login to get fewer ads

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:35 - Sep 11 with 1218 viewsRadlett_blue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 16:15 - Sep 11 by Benters

Bon was so much better you are right.


I saw AC/DC at Wembley Stadium in 1979 as part of a 4 band show including Nils Lofgren, the Stranglers & the Who. Must have been one of Bon Scott's last gigs. I wasn't expecting to like AC/DC but they were great.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

3
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:43 - Sep 11 with 1208 viewsmellowblue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:35 - Sep 11 by Radlett_blue

I saw AC/DC at Wembley Stadium in 1979 as part of a 4 band show including Nils Lofgren, the Stranglers & the Who. Must have been one of Bon Scott's last gigs. I wasn't expecting to like AC/DC but they were great.


Nice gig, can't imagine the Stranglers playing Wembley Stadium.
0
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 1198 viewsRadlett_blue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:43 - Sep 11 by mellowblue

Nice gig, can't imagine the Stranglers playing Wembley Stadium.


I thought they played a poor set - nothing from their excellent first 2 albums - and yes, they certainly weren't suited to a stadium.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

0
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 19:43 - Sep 11 with 1171 viewsGlasgowBlue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 12:12 - Sep 11 by mellowblue

Gillan was one of my favourite groups, used be my go too music on my car stereo when driving back home from Ipswich on a night out. Didn't get to see them live. Saw plenty of other bands at the time. Maiden, Leppard, Saxon, Krokus, Motorhead etc etc. Mainly heavy metal but also stuff like Rush.
Loved AC/DC at the time, hit hard when Bon Scott died and replaced by the screeching buffoon who was about forth choice to replave Bon. Such a shame Bon did not get to record the Back in Black album, having written most of it and put the graft in to get to that point. AC/DC were a bigger band by miles after Back in Black, but a lot poorer musically.


Noddy Holder was first choice to replace Bon Scott but he stayed loyal to Slade.

Antisemites and Jew haters will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 20:15 - Sep 11 with 1155 viewsmellowblue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 19:43 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Noddy Holder was first choice to replace Bon Scott but he stayed loyal to Slade.


lead singer of Krokus, a Maltese guy in a Swiss heavy metal band was also offered it, but he also turned them down out of loyalty to his band. He also felt Krokus were a better prospect. Big mistake. I met him above Andy's records in a pre-concert freebie meet and greet, when meet and greets weren't really a thing. Nice guys.
1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 20:20 - Sep 11 with 1149 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 19:43 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Noddy Holder was first choice to replace Bon Scott but he stayed loyal to Slade.


Brian Johnson was top of the list from the outset. Bon Scott had commented that his was one of the best performances he’d ever seen when Johnson was lead singer in Geordie.
There’s been much speculation about the other names mentioned but it was well documented at the time that Johnson was the number one choice.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 20:42 - Sep 11 with 1114 viewsmellowblue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 20:20 - Sep 11 by StochesStotasBlewe

Brian Johnson was top of the list from the outset. Bon Scott had commented that his was one of the best performances he’d ever seen when Johnson was lead singer in Geordie.
There’s been much speculation about the other names mentioned but it was well documented at the time that Johnson was the number one choice.


different opinions , no problem. Either way, I don't think any one would have been a good replacement for Bon. Geordie weren't much cop, it was a good move for Johnson.
1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 21:56 - Sep 11 with 1073 viewsBlue_Heath

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 20:42 - Sep 11 by mellowblue

different opinions , no problem. Either way, I don't think any one would have been a good replacement for Bon. Geordie weren't much cop, it was a good move for Johnson.


Yes, he certainly did well out of that move!

Poll: How many team changes tonight?

1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 03:35 - Sep 12 with 982 viewsBenters

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 21:56 - Sep 11 by Blue_Heath

Yes, he certainly did well out of that move!


Never rated him over Bon tbh.

A bit like when Black Sabbath had a change of singer from Ozzy.Yes RJD had a brilliant voice,but Sabbath for me was always and will always be Ozzy on vocals.

Having said that Heaven and Hell is a brilliant album.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 04:56 - Sep 12 with 946 viewsBenters

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 18:35 - Sep 11 by Radlett_blue

I saw AC/DC at Wembley Stadium in 1979 as part of a 4 band show including Nils Lofgren, the Stranglers & the Who. Must have been one of Bon Scott's last gigs. I wasn't expecting to like AC/DC but they were great.


I saw AC/DC at Castle Donnington,but I remember Van Halen at the same gig more.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 13:47 - Sep 15 with 538 viewspeterleeblue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 04:56 - Sep 12 by Benters

I saw AC/DC at Castle Donnington,but I remember Van Halen at the same gig more.




Here you go Benters a trip down memory lane
1
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 14:39 - Sep 15 with 500 viewsmellowblue

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 13:47 - Sep 15 by peterleeblue



Here you go Benters a trip down memory lane


Brian Johnson demonstrating his lack of vocal range once again.
0
AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 16:54 - Sep 15 with 447 viewsBenters

AC/DC Live At The Apollo Theatre 1978. on 13:47 - Sep 15 by peterleeblue



Here you go Benters a trip down memory lane


Fantastic! Brought back memories of sleeping in a MK1 Escort and a handbrake sticking in my back.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026