Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This keeper debate 17:35 - Sep 19 with 1987 viewsTresBonne

It's going to get tiresome if we have the keeper debate every single time we concede a goal.

Scherpen would've got that...no Walton would've done this...actually we shouldn't have loaned out Van Ooevelen...

How about pipe it and back whoever's in net. Furthermore, why have we gone into a group psychosis that Van Oevelen is the next Buffon?

He played about two games in pre-season and we never saw him tested properly. Not saying he wouldn't be good/better than our other keepers, but for some reason everyone seems to think he is the Messiah of goalkeeping.

We played well today, Walton wasn't great but we can't keep calling for goalkeeper rotation every time a goal goes in. I think some of our fanbase still has a Muric hangover.

Poll: Saturday's England 3rd Place Game...

1
This keeper debate on 18:47 - Sep 19 with 508 viewsFoghornGleghorn

This keeper debate on 18:45 - Sep 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

lol they had two shorts on target. Bigger picture it’s a major problem if we are going to play him for the next 12 weeks.


Ah sorry, I thought we were talking about what's happened/happening, not what we're blindly guessing might or might not happen as late as mid-January.
1
This keeper debate on 18:48 - Sep 19 with 499 viewsgrow_our_own

This keeper debate on 18:43 - Sep 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He’s a bang average champ keeper.


He was second best GK in the Champ last season: https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/l
[Post edited 19 Sep 18:48]
0
This keeper debate on 18:48 - Sep 19 with 498 viewsJ2BLUE

This keeper debate on 18:45 - Sep 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

lol they had two shorts on target. Bigger picture it’s a major problem if we are going to play him for the next 12 weeks.


I hope it was a case of them having a talk and GON saying let me take you out of the firing line and give you the international break to continue to settle in.

I can't see how he would have just been dropped but who knows.

Edit: Just seen the quotes. Baffling.
[Post edited 19 Sep 18:51]
0
This keeper debate on 18:49 - Sep 19 with 490 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This keeper debate on 18:47 - Sep 19 by FoghornGleghorn

Ah sorry, I thought we were talking about what's happened/happening, not what we're blindly guessing might or might not happen as late as mid-January.


Yes that’s right, I’ve watched Walton for years the club themselves have told us multiple times they don’t think he’s the level.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

-2
This keeper debate on 18:51 - Sep 19 with 474 viewsgrow_our_own

This keeper debate on 18:48 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

I hope it was a case of them having a talk and GON saying let me take you out of the firing line and give you the international break to continue to settle in.

I can't see how he would have just been dropped but who knows.

Edit: Just seen the quotes. Baffling.
[Post edited 19 Sep 18:51]


That's exactly the way GON said he phrased it to Scherpen post-match today. Still amounts to Scherpen being dropped, but doesn't (nor should it) mean anything like a permanent changing of the guard. If Walton underperforms, Scherpen should be back as no 1 just like any other position.
[Post edited 19 Sep 18:57]
0
This keeper debate on 18:52 - Sep 19 with 470 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This keeper debate on 18:48 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

I hope it was a case of them having a talk and GON saying let me take you out of the firing line and give you the international break to continue to settle in.

I can't see how he would have just been dropped but who knows.

Edit: Just seen the quotes. Baffling.
[Post edited 19 Sep 18:51]


Can’t see there is anyway he’s starting Fulham at home now. Mental.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

-1
This keeper debate on 18:55 - Sep 19 with 450 viewsJ2BLUE

This keeper debate on 18:52 - Sep 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Can’t see there is anyway he’s starting Fulham at home now. Mental.


Three weeks is a long time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's back in.
0
This keeper debate on 18:56 - Sep 19 with 442 viewsDBaldy

I was surprised Walton started and I don't have an issue with him, but his distribution today, especially first half, was very poor.
0
Login to get fewer ads

This keeper debate on 18:57 - Sep 19 with 435 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This keeper debate on 18:55 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Three weeks is a long time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's back in.


That would just create even more confusion, which is why today was such a big call.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

0
This keeper debate on 18:58 - Sep 19 with 437 viewspointofblue

This keeper debate on 18:55 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Three weeks is a long time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's back in.


Unless Walton picks up an injury I expect him to start against Fulham. Dropping Scherpin only to bring him back in front of what will be a tense home crowd in what is a massive game doesn't make much sense.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

1
This keeper debate on 19:01 - Sep 19 with 424 viewsFoghornGleghorn

This keeper debate on 18:57 - Sep 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That would just create even more confusion, which is why today was such a big call.


Who's going to be confused? The defence seemed to recognise who Walton was today, hopefully we can also rely on them to remember who Scherpen is when the time comes. It's a bit confusing for us as fans but I think we'll be alright eventually won't we?
0
This keeper debate on 19:06 - Sep 19 with 391 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This keeper debate on 19:01 - Sep 19 by FoghornGleghorn

Who's going to be confused? The defence seemed to recognise who Walton was today, hopefully we can also rely on them to remember who Scherpen is when the time comes. It's a bit confusing for us as fans but I think we'll be alright eventually won't we?


No, I don’t think we will be alright if we are swapping keeper in and out all the time. I think we will get relegated if that happens.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

0
This keeper debate on 20:07 - Sep 19 with 329 viewsITFCson

It’s going to be tiresome debating the keeper situation - you realise you’ve just made yet another thread about the GK situation 😴 😴
0
This keeper debate on 12:06 - Sep 20 with 224 viewsBurleysBoyz

This keeper debate on 18:34 - Sep 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Wasn’t that in the championship like 10 years ago? He’s a solid keeper, I think we’ve gone so big on the data it’s ignoring a potential flaw, mobility.

I’ve not been impressed with Scherpen but I hadn’t wrote him off either, seems GON has.


We have to remember he sees him every day in training. He must be concerningly poor…
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026