Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I just say... 20:49 - Oct 3 with 878 viewsGavTWTD

...that kicking conkers down the street is just as satisfying today as its always been.

#yayforlittlethings

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

8
Can I just say... on 20:51 - Oct 3 with 865 viewsGavTWTD

What little things make you happy?

Ps. Don't go there

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

0
Can I just say... on 21:00 - Oct 3 with 821 viewsBrianTablet

Another tree-related little thing.

Those Sycamore helicopters can really fly!

Other things:

The sound of rooks
The look on cows' faces as you run past them
The sound of Poplar trees
Finding a perfect feather
Patterns the wind makes in fields of long grass

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot."
Poll: You live in Clacton. You are duty-bound to vote. Who do you vote for?

2
Can I just say... on 21:04 - Oct 3 with 792 viewsRyorry

“Into the top left corner”.

Conkers are def info the bestest, but when you’re wearing wellies, rough stones on the country road are fine too 👍

Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

0
Can I just say... on 21:08 - Oct 3 with 778 viewsVanSaParody

Jeez, Gav, you really need Premier League football back

So do I

...cos I agree!
0
Can I just say... on 21:28 - Oct 3 with 730 viewsGavTWTD

Can I just say... on 21:08 - Oct 3 by VanSaParody

Jeez, Gav, you really need Premier League football back

So do I

...cos I agree!


I MAY have had one unit too many

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

0
Can I just say... on 21:28 - Oct 3 with 729 viewsMelford

Nothing more satisfying than sending them miles with a tennis racquet. There was a line of conker trees at the back of the Cricket pitch, we'd have a competition who could hit the furthest. You had to stay behind the Cricket boundary line and whack it as far as you could.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

1
Can I just say... on 22:09 - Oct 3 with 684 viewsBigalhunter

An autumnal pleasure to replace the summer joy of tw*tting a wasp in the middle of your flip flop and seeing it sail halfway down the garden…

Sometimes I giggle about the frothing lunatic who’s put me on ignore and now has to constantly log out to see what I’ve said. Beneath that counterfeit persona lurks the same pitifully desperate egomaniac.
Poll: September 2025. Which one?

0
Can I just say... on 22:11 - Oct 3 with 674 viewsBloomBlue

That old chestnut
4
Login to get fewer ads

Can I just say... on 22:28 - Oct 3 with 643 viewsGodzilla

In my pubescent years there was no chance of kicking conkers down the road, they were at a premium for conker fights. We knew where and when to harvest conkers in the neighbourhood and spent hours flinging heavy sticks etc up at the hanging conkers in the hope of bringing them down. I still look at conkers left on the pavement in disbelief and feel ancient.
1
Can I just say... on 22:38 - Oct 3 with 626 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Can I just say... on 22:28 - Oct 3 by Godzilla

In my pubescent years there was no chance of kicking conkers down the road, they were at a premium for conker fights. We knew where and when to harvest conkers in the neighbourhood and spent hours flinging heavy sticks etc up at the hanging conkers in the hope of bringing them down. I still look at conkers left on the pavement in disbelief and feel ancient.


I’m glad it’s not just me. The amount you see just lying on the ground is unbelievable after the hours we spent throwing sticks.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

1
Can I just say... on 09:08 - Oct 4 with 326 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Can I just say... on 20:51 - Oct 3 by GavTWTD

What little things make you happy?

Ps. Don't go there


🎶 ... when Ipswich win and Narridge lose... 🎶

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

0
Can I just say... on 10:19 - Oct 4 with 281 viewsNthQldITFC

Can I just say... on 21:28 - Oct 3 by Melford

Nothing more satisfying than sending them miles with a tennis racquet. There was a line of conker trees at the back of the Cricket pitch, we'd have a competition who could hit the furthest. You had to stay behind the Cricket boundary line and whack it as far as you could.


The very formulation of your second and third sentences says 'perennial schoolboy' to me!

Me too. Leaf catching - You had to call ownership first when you saw it fall, and then get one point for a two handed catch, three for a right-handed, four for a left-handed, seven for the mouth and ten for the hood of your parka.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026