Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne 13:09 - Jan 18 with 2455 viewsRyorry

Without us fans there wouldn't be an Ipswich Town Football Club for you to own or manage. Therefore please stop insulting us with ridiculous statements, and instead have a look at the current situation with somebody who actually knows something about football. There are hundreds of people available for you to pick from - you could start with any of the BBC TV or radio commentators/pundits last night, or former top players such as Mick Mills.

Continuing to stutter in the dark down the current slippery slope is disastrous, as millions (apart from yourselves apparently) could see on prime time BBC1 last night. If it is actually "all about the money" for you, then please take a look at how many people in the news comments section have said they are either already no longer going to games, or won't be doing so until Mick McCarthy is replaced. One poster said he used to go to PR in a group of ten. He's now the only one left who has kept going.

Think on.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:11 - Jan 18 with 1806 viewsReuser_is_God

Please tell me you're not putting Mick Mills forward as a potential manager?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:12 - Jan 18 with 1804 viewsCotty

With respect, how do we know that he doesn't speak to "football people"? In fact, we know he does, as he sounded out Harry Redknapp amongst others when considering managerial candidates.

How do we know that he doesn't know anything about football?

I'm not saying I'm happy, far from it, but I don't see the evidence for these accusations.
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:13 - Jan 18 with 1773 viewsElderGrizzly

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:11 - Jan 18 by Reuser_is_God

No, i read it as asking Mick Mills opinion on what we should do, or who to appoint.
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:13 - Jan 18 with 1775 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:11 - Jan 18 by Reuser_is_God

No no no no no - just as someone (who watches most of our games) to listen to with some basic advice about what's not working.

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:13 - Jan 18 with 1754 viewsReuser_is_God

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:13 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

No no no no no - just as someone (who watches most of our games) to listen to with some basic advice about what's not working.

That's alright then.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:14 - Jan 18 with 1746 viewsCotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:13 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

I'm sure that he does, on a regular basis, unless you have evidence to the contrary?
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:15 - Jan 18 with 1732 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:12 - Jan 18 by Cotty

With respect, how do we know that he doesn't speak to "football people"? In fact, we know he does, as he sounded out Harry Redknapp amongst others when considering managerial candidates.

How do we know that he doesn't know anything about football?

I'm not saying I'm happy, far from it, but I don't see the evidence for these accusations.

If he did, he'd surely have taken some remedial action by now, instead of coming out with the ludicrous delegated comment this morning of "stick with Mick".

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:19 - Jan 18 with 1701 viewsCotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:15 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

If he did, he'd surely have taken some remedial action by now, instead of coming out with the ludicrous delegated comment this morning of "stick with Mick".

Ah I see, it's because you disagree with them on retaining the manager that they simply can't know anything about football or speak to anyone who does? I'm afraid that's still not particularly good evidence to support your supposition.

Evans isn't an idiot, it would difficult to be one and be that successful (although arguably Mike Ashley has managed it). You can't run a business that big without seeking the advice of experts in different areas. I simply can't believe that he is not in regular contact with football people within and outside the club.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 1682 viewstractorboy1978

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:19 - Jan 18 by Cotty

Ah I see, it's because you disagree with them on retaining the manager that they simply can't know anything about football or speak to anyone who does? I'm afraid that's still not particularly good evidence to support your supposition.

Evans isn't an idiot, it would difficult to be one and be that successful (although arguably Mike Ashley has managed it). You can't run a business that big without seeking the advice of experts in different areas. I simply can't believe that he is not in regular contact with football people within and outside the club.

Mick is the best thing since sliced bread if you ask a lot ex pros, managers etc. He has a good reputation amongst people, he is a decent, straight laced guy who people respect. You'd have to go a way to find people in footballing circles that will criticise him. Problem is these people don't follow us avidly week in, week out and know little about the circumstances. I know for a fact the likes of Wark and Mills are highly critical of certain things and they watch us regularly - their opinion counts for naff all though. Equally, some fans may be OTT but the general feeling surely has to be respected and considered. I think my opinion on our situation is more relevant than Harry Redknapp's to be perfectly honest.
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 1675 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:19 - Jan 18 by Cotty

Given the way that other things are now run at the club - the unkempt shabbiness of the ground (statues and roof neglected, uncleaned); poor/expensive food/drink/service - regularly reported on here, Evans has given no indication that he is operating ITFC with any kind of "success".

And I simply cannot believe that he IS "in regular contact with football people within and outside the club" - because if he is he must be ignoring their advice, which would be incredibly stupid. But there again, who knows, perhaps he is ...

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 1627 viewsCaptainObvious

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:26 - Jan 18 by tractorboy1978

Mick is the best thing since sliced bread if you ask a lot ex pros, managers etc. He has a good reputation amongst people, he is a decent, straight laced guy who people respect. You'd have to go a way to find people in footballing circles that will criticise him. Problem is these people don't follow us avidly week in, week out and know little about the circumstances. I know for a fact the likes of Wark and Mills are highly critical of certain things and they watch us regularly - their opinion counts for naff all though. Equally, some fans may be OTT but the general feeling surely has to be respected and considered. I think my opinion on our situation is more relevant than Harry Redknapp's to be perfectly honest.

*Mickpnotised

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:33 - Jan 18 with 1610 viewsCotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:26 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

Given the way that other things are now run at the club - the unkempt shabbiness of the ground (statues and roof neglected, uncleaned); poor/expensive food/drink/service - regularly reported on here, Evans has given no indication that he is operating ITFC with any kind of "success".

And I simply cannot believe that he IS "in regular contact with football people within and outside the club" - because if he is he must be ignoring their advice, which would be incredibly stupid. But there again, who knows, perhaps he is ...

You are, of course, making rather a big assumption that football experts would agree with you. As a poster above alludes to, he is very well thought of within the game.
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:34 - Jan 18 with 1610 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:26 - Jan 18 by tractorboy1978

Quite. I specifically meant people who watch our games, re the consultation.

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:37 - Jan 18 with 1583 viewsRandall

Everyone keeps saying "sack Mick" - nobody mentions who he should be replaced by.

I do not know of any managers with a proven track record of maintaining a team in the Championship, with spending no money, their best player sold each year and injuries permitting, challenging for the playoffs.

Can we have some names? If it is Terry Butcher, Mick Mills or Harry Redknapp then I think we are better off staying with Mick.
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:40 - Jan 18 with 1570 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:33 - Jan 18 by Cotty

You are, of course, making rather a big assumption that football experts would agree with you. As a poster above alludes to, he is very well thought of within the game.

See my post immediately above - it's as Tractorboy78 says. And all those watching us last night can hardly be labouring under such delusions any more.

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:42 - Jan 18 with 1557 viewsCotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:40 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

See my post immediately above - it's as Tractorboy78 says. And all those watching us last night can hardly be labouring under such delusions any more.

I doubt any football people are likely to be swayed on the basis of one atrocious performance in the cup.

My point stands though, you don't have any evidence to support your claims that he is stubbornly ignoring all expert advice. Stick to valid criticisms - there are plenty out there to make, but this ain't one of them.
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:44 - Jan 18 with 1542 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:37 - Jan 18 by Randall

Everyone keeps saying "sack Mick" - nobody mentions who he should be replaced by.

I do not know of any managers with a proven track record of maintaining a team in the Championship, with spending no money, their best player sold each year and injuries permitting, challenging for the playoffs.

Can we have some names? If it is Terry Butcher, Mick Mills or Harry Redknapp then I think we are better off staying with Mick.

I haven't seen anyone on here post those names except one person for Butcher (not me!!)

I'm of the 'young progressive little known' school of thought - similar to how Burley was when he first came to us. Till then (end of season) I'd have thought if we give Klug a chance, we'd not be any worse off than currently.

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:45 - Jan 18 with 1535 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:42 - Jan 18 by Cotty

I doubt any football people are likely to be swayed on the basis of one atrocious performance in the cup.

My point stands though, you don't have any evidence to support your claims that he is stubbornly ignoring all expert advice. Stick to valid criticisms - there are plenty out there to make, but this ain't one of them.

You've made the (unjustified) assumption that he is taking expert advice.

We will have to agree to disagree on both points!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 13:47]

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:46 - Jan 18 with 1526 viewsCotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:45 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

You've made the (unjustified) assumption that he is taking expert advice.

We will have to agree to disagree on both points!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 13:47]

I don't have to do anything of the sort
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:48 - Jan 18 with 1503 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:46 - Jan 18 by Cotty

I don't have to do anything of the sort

OK, pick your weapons!!

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:49 - Jan 18 with 1489 viewsCotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:48 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

OK, pick your weapons!!

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:53 - Jan 18 with 1453 viewsRyorry

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:49 - Jan 18 by Cotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:55 - Jan 18 with 1437 viewshype313

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:42 - Jan 18 by Cotty

To be honest, if he has had advice from people within the game, it's not exactly been an overwhelming success.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:55 - Jan 18 with 1429 viewsRandall

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:44 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

I haven't seen anyone on here post those names except one person for Butcher (not me!!)

I'm of the 'young progressive little known' school of thought - similar to how Burley was when he first came to us. Till then (end of season) I'd have thought if we give Klug a chance, we'd not be any worse off than currently.

Klug has never managed a team before - I don't think he has coached a team either.

If he took over and we slid down the league, I don't think he would be able to turn it round and we would be a League One club.

Burley was appointed when he was doing well at Colchester at the time, when we were in the Premier League and had money to spend (and parachute money if we got relegated). It was a different set of circumstances.
FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:57 - Jan 18 with 1412 viewsCotty

FAO Messrs Marcus Evans and Ian Milne on 13:55 - Jan 18 by hype313

To be honest, if he has had advice from people within the game, it's not exactly been an overwhelming success.

I'm not claiming it has been!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024