Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every single game.... 19:05 - Jan 19 with 1182 viewsNewcyBlue

Should start as a clean slate. What's done is done. When mistakes are made at the moment boos can be heard, chants happen. Why would the players want to put the effort in when they know that is going to happen? After Blackburn there was talk of the air being cleared a bit, then the Lincoln disaster happened.

I am not at all blaming the fans. After so many dire performances I fully understand the annoyance.

I have nothing but hope that we will win. Every single game.

Granted, I am not in a position to attend many games, a few a season if I am lucky. When we are on TV, I don't get to watch us, even if I am home in Blighty.

At work, I tell my crew that every time they come on watch, it is a clean slate. Any mistakes made previously will be forgotten (unless their actions have killed or injured someone and then they will be on the next flight home, at best).

I won't get to another game this season, I will be stuck to reading about them. I hope that I read about more wins than anything else between now and May. I hope I read about the fantastic support, more of Chambers's fist pumps, more fun.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Every single game.... on 19:15 - Jan 19 with 1154 viewsSitfcB

That's what I said coming home on Tuesday, each game is a clean slate. After every game I go through the various emotions after a win/loss/draw but then after a day or so* start looking forward to the next one, you never know what you're going to get with Ipswich and sometimes the unpredictability can be exciting, of course I'd like to win every game but just isn't going to happen, of course it's more exciting if we have something to play for, which I don't think we have anymore
this season but so be it, still looking forward to the games.

*I'm still really annoyed/upset about Tuesday though, so this one has taken its toll a bit. But tomorrow throughout the day at work I'll be looking forward to head up to Huddersfield Saturday morning to hopefully see a reaction and support the team.

COYB!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Every single game.... on 19:30 - Jan 19 with 1110 viewsnorth_stand77

Totally agree. Ok, the players have been below par at times.
MM may not have always made the right tactical decisions but he's clearly working to a very difficult budget.
ME has previously had his fingers burned so is reluctant to make huge investments at the moment.

I have often said on here that I have never and would never boo the players.
How can it help their concentration ? They then mess up and don't want the ball so readily and things continue to go wrong.
I wonder if results/performances over the last few weeks would have been better if the players had not been booed but encouraged?

Like everybody else I am hugely disappointed by what's happened BUT I will never boo.
I also think about how would I feel if one of my own sons or other family member was playing professional football and how proud I would feel. Then they receive the awful comments from supporters - it would be really upsetting. I'm sure the Town players/families are no different.

I realise this is an alternative view to most supporters, but I always think to bring out the best in people , you build them up
It was nice to see the crowd get behind the team last saturday
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 19:31]
Every single game.... on 19:35 - Jan 19 with 1076 viewstextbackup

Every single gme I say 'clean slate' every game the same players let us down

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Every single game.... on 19:46 - Jan 19 with 1023 viewsSuffolktractor

Every single game.... on 19:30 - Jan 19 by north_stand77

MM may not have always made the right tactical decisions but he's clearly working to a very difficult budget.
ME has previously had his fingers burned so is reluctant to make huge investments at the moment.

How can it help their concentration ? They then mess up and don't want the ball so readily and things continue to go wrong.
I wonder if results/performances over the last few weeks would have been better if the players had not been booed but encouraged?

Like everybody else I am hugely disappointed by what's happened BUT I will never boo.
I also think about how would I feel if one of my own sons or other family member was playing professional football and how proud I would feel. Then they receive the awful comments from supporters - it would be really upsetting. I'm sure the Town players/families are no different.

I realise this is an alternative view to most supporters, but I always think to bring out the best in people , you build them up

I agree absolutely. I came away from the Blackburn game with a spring in my step. The team had played well, good attacking intent from MM and the support was great even when B
Ayckbourn equalised.
I still can not get over the shock of watching the utter tripe we served up on Tuesday.
How can we go from a half tidy football team one game to a bunch of jokers the next where no one wanted the ball, no one wanted to tackle and no one wanted to fight for the shirt?
I appreciate Mick says he is embarrassed, speaks about Lincoln fully deserving it blah,blah blah. But why has he not been asked his opinion of why it was allowed to happen? Why was nothing done about our performance at half time when it was clear we were being out played? Not looking for a witch hunt, just a clear rational view from our manager about why we were outplayed by a non league side.
Every single game.... on 19:48 - Jan 19 with 1007 viewsjpring89

Every single game.... on 19:35 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Every single gme I say 'clean slate' every game the same players let us down

Starting from now 😝

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Every single game.... on 20:20 - Jan 19 with 959 viewspowinswitch

Every single game.... on 19:30 - Jan 19 by north_stand77

I think you have made a lot of sense there, and I am 100% in agreement regarding booing the players. It does not help them at all.

The issue for me is McCarthy and the way he sets us up. Last Saturday against Blackburn I thought was a great game. Really enjoyed it, and I too left the stadium with a spring in my step. Then Tuesday we were utterly clueless. A central midfield with Douglas and Skuse has been tried and tried and tried, and with only one or two exceptions has failed. It is awful, and this has been vociferously communicated by the fans. So when he goes with it, and we are as abject as we were, against non-league opposition then he has to expect a hard time. Please don't tell me about his very difficult budget. Not when you compare it to Lincoln City, Crawley, Stevenage and Pompey. No it's not the budget it's the manager. Boing of the fans is unacceptable. Booing of McCarty is what I will do before kick off, at half time and full time. He is not welcome.
Every single game.... on 20:40 - Jan 19 with 933 viewsnorth_stand77

Every single game.... on 20:20 - Jan 19 by powinswitch

I think you have made a lot of sense there, and I am 100% in agreement regarding booing the players. It does not help them at all.

The issue for me is McCarthy and the way he sets us up. Last Saturday against Blackburn I thought was a great game. Really enjoyed it, and I too left the stadium with a spring in my step. Then Tuesday we were utterly clueless. A central midfield with Douglas and Skuse has been tried and tried and tried, and with only one or two exceptions has failed. It is awful, and this has been vociferously communicated by the fans. So when he goes with it, and we are as abject as we were, against non-league opposition then he has to expect a hard time. Please don't tell me about his very difficult budget. Not when you compare it to Lincoln City, Crawley, Stevenage and Pompey. No it's not the budget it's the manager. Boing of the fans is unacceptable. Booing of McCarty is what I will do before kick off, at half time and full time. He is not welcome.

That is your prerogative but could you not wait till the end of the game if you want to show your feelings? He will still hear you but so will the players. If you do it before the game and half time the players may still be affected - and they will be trying to play a game of football. Whether booing is aimed at MM, ME or the players, can they really distinguish the difference when they're playing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024