Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys 12:13 - Feb 18 with 1539 viewsLord_Lucan

Herro

I like to listen to podcasts in the car but my phone speaker isn't loud enough and I have to hold the phone to my ear (I know, I know).

Is there some sort of magical device that I can bluetooth the phone to a louder speaker thingy?

Edit; I've found this, is this the sort of thing I need?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Car-Vehicle-Electronics/Oumeiou-Mushroom-Portable-Blu
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 12:17]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 12:28 - Feb 18 with 1513 viewsfactual_blue

Does your car have a headphone type input socket? You should also be able to connect your phone direct to that with the appropriate lead?

Works in our other car with an MP3 player, so should work with a phone.

If your car has bluetooth for calls then you should be able to pick up the audio output as well.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 12:29 - Feb 18 with 1510 viewsbluebud

...that'll work for sure. In the meantime if you have a travel cup/ take away coffee cup or holder you can hoy the phone in and it'll act as a speaker enclosure giving the sound a big boost.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 12:30]
TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 12:30 - Feb 18 with 1499 viewsMullet

I just download them on to a pen drive and plug it straight in to my car. Works a treat.

You just download them as mp3s on to a usb, plug them in your USB port on your car and select media to play through and it recognises and plays them.

I must listen to just under 20 hrs a week or podcasts driving that way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 12:34 - Feb 18 with 1470 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 12:28 - Feb 18 by factual_blue

Does your car have a headphone type input socket? You should also be able to connect your phone direct to that with the appropriate lead?

Works in our other car with an MP3 player, so should work with a phone.

If your car has bluetooth for calls then you should be able to pick up the audio output as well.

All I know is that it has a steering wheel.

I've just ordered the speaker I linked to

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 12:35 - Feb 18 with 1458 viewsPJH

TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 12:34 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

All I know is that it has a steering wheel.

I've just ordered the speaker I linked to

But is the steering wheel attached to anything?
TWTD consumer advice - I am not a technical man - car / phone speaker thingys on 13:14 - Feb 18 with 1411 viewsPendejo

FM Transmitter

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/kit-in-car-fm-transmitter-a83ww

I bought this one recently and its better than the previous 2 I've used.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024