Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil - a non political question.... 08:25 - May 4 with 4809 viewsunstableblue

.... as even Radio 4 are staying away from Brexit and the election, due to the local voting.

So, I've just finished listening to the Naked Football show and yes the guest was very anti-Mick. But throughout the show he and the mighty Graham made valid points which just make you realise the scale of mistakes, poor judgement and concerning lack of vision and system our manager has been exhibiting, and now for a really long time.

The number of season tickets who didn't show on Saturday, the apathy and anger to the lap of honour.

So to the question - is he honestly getting another season and budget? I will be dumbfounded if so.

His football is terrible, and although investment is key, you cannot hide his ineptitude.

I'm not returning whilst he's at the club. My addiction is only so powerful.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 8:29]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:33 - May 4 with 2978 viewstaximan

good question

but is this really the place for non political/election/brexit stuff ?
Phil - a non political question.... on 08:40 - May 4 with 2952 viewsunstableblue

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:33 - May 4 by taximan

good question

but is this really the place for non political/election/brexit stuff ?

You've got to mix it up!!

But seriously how on earth can the club be considering giving him another year! Why haven't they got a manager in already to work with the players for 3 or 4 games, to ensure they know what is needed in the summer.

Are we really going to have another Mick pre-season non event.

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:48 - May 4 with 2931 viewsIP12

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:40 - May 4 by unstableblue

But seriously how on earth can the club be considering giving him another year! Why haven't they got a manager in already to work with the players for 3 or 4 games, to ensure they know what is needed in the summer.

There has been no mention of 'Strong & Stable Leadership'. I feel a need to repeat this....'Strong & Stable Leadership'. Tee Hee...(Old
Person retreats back into the wilderness after his small child moment).
Phil - a non political question.... on 08:49 - May 4 with 2920 viewsDissblue

Perhaps he could replace Ian Milne with Dianne Abbott?

I hear she's a dab-hand with numbers.

Poll: if you were asked to vote in a second Brexit referendum, would you vote:

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:50 - May 4 with 2919 viewshomer_123

Just playing devils advocate for s econd.

I'm going to hazard a guess that something like 70% to 80% of the fans from clubs that are not in the top 4 of the Prem or the top 6 of other leagues will very easily point to errors, lack of vision, mistakes and poor judgement of either the manager or their Chariman/ board.

It's very easy to pick fault.

This isn't a Mick lovein post - just merely an observation that most fans will be having very similar conversations and discussions....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:53 - May 4 with 2906 viewsBenters

'The number of season ticket holders who didnt show Saturday' they gave out 19000 !

Apart from that, welcome to the stay away club.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:54 - May 4 with 2899 viewsClausThomsen

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:50 - May 4 by homer_123

Just playing devils advocate for s econd.

I'm going to hazard a guess that something like 70% to 80% of the fans from clubs that are not in the top 4 of the Prem or the top 6 of other leagues will very easily point to errors, lack of vision, mistakes and poor judgement of either the manager or their Chariman/ board.

It's very easy to pick fault.

This isn't a Mick lovein post - just merely an observation that most fans will be having very similar conversations and discussions....

I'm going to hazard a guess that none of those teams have gone from 6th to 15th in 2 seasons under their experienced manager and are giving him another season.
Phil - a non political question.... on 08:59 - May 4 with 2869 viewsBenters

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:54 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

I'm going to hazard a guess that none of those teams have gone from 6th to 15th in 2 seasons under their experienced manager and are giving him another season.

It could be worse after Saturday .

3 games lost on the bounce and finishing 18th.

Still we beat Newcastle at home has anybody mentioned that in the last 5 mins ?

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:01 - May 4 with 2862 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:54 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

Birmingham have gone from 7th with Gary Rowett to relegation threatened now.

Sack everyone.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:04 - May 4 with 2847 viewsunstableblue

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:48 - May 4 by IP12

There has been no mention of 'Strong & Stable Leadership'. I feel a need to repeat this....'Strong & Stable Leadership'. Tee Hee...(Old
Person retreats back into the wilderness after his small child moment).

Excellent

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:08 - May 4 with 2835 viewsClausThomsen

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:01 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

Birmingham have gone from 7th with Gary Rowett to relegation threatened now.

Sack everyone.

Ipswich have gone from 6th with Mick McCarthy to umpteenth with Mick McCarthy.

Give him a £20k p/w contract.

Birmingham f*cked up, Reading, Huddersfield, Leeds etc didn't.
Phil - a non political question.... on 09:08 - May 4 with 2832 viewsartsbossbeard

If he stays and therefore you don't go next season, can you confirm that you won't be on here ranting at 5pm on a Saturday with your anger based around the commentary prowess of Mick Mills?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:10 - May 4 with 2822 viewsBenters

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:08 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

Yeah but Beardy is worried about Brum.

Gentlybentley

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:11 - May 4 with 2813 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:08 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

Is that a Mick Mills stat?

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:12 - May 4 with 2806 viewsClausThomsen

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:08 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

If he stays and therefore you don't go next season, can you confirm that you won't be on here ranting at 5pm on a Saturday with your anger based around the commentary prowess of Mick Mills?

I'll be watching every game next season brother:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39797400
Phil - a non political question.... on 09:12 - May 4 with 2803 viewsBenters

Phil - a non political question.... on 08:40 - May 4 by unstableblue

Erm,becuase the powers to be dont give a sh1t about the fans /customers ?

Gentlybentley

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:13 - May 4 with 2800 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:10 - May 4 by Benters

Yeah but Beardy is worried about Brum.

I'm giggling about the Leeds reference, to be fair.

The only season in the last 10 years where they don't have the words "crisis club" in front of "Leeds Utd" and they are viewed as the paragon of all things good in football.

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:14 - May 4 with 2790 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:12 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

I'll be watching every game next season brother:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39797400

I can't wait for the incite.

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:15 - May 4 with 2777 viewsClausThomsen

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:13 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

I'm giggling about the Leeds reference, to be fair.

The only season in the last 10 years where they don't have the words "crisis club" in front of "Leeds Utd" and they are viewed as the paragon of all things good in football.

Not giggling about Huddersfield, Reading or any other team that have sacked their flailing manager and improved.

And holding desperately onto the 'Brum sacked Rowett' example - as there aren't any others.
Phil - a non political question.... on 09:17 - May 4 with 2763 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:15 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

Not giggling about Huddersfield, Reading or any other team that have sacked their flailing manager and improved.

And holding desperately onto the 'Brum sacked Rowett' example - as there aren't any others.

"holding desperately" or just "using as an example".

You could get a column in The Daily Mail.

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:18 - May 4 with 2750 viewsBenters

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:15 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

I just wait for the classic 'those that make the playoffs and dont go up,their seasons must be seen as a failure'... ive read that on here before !

Gentlybentley

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:19 - May 4 with 2744 viewsClausThomsen

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:17 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

"holding desperately" or just "using as an example".

You could get a column in The Daily Mail.

You're using 'the' example.

'An' example would suggest that there are others.
Phil - a non political question.... on 09:23 - May 4 with 2723 viewsartsbossbeard

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:19 - May 4 by ClausThomsen

You're using 'the' example.

'An' example would suggest that there are others.

I can go back over the last few seasons in all divisions in Europe to find other examples but I think you've got the spreadsheet locked, I can't access it.

I'm bored, meet me for a beer pre-match next season (my treat) and we'll have a chat.

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:35 - May 4 with 2678 viewsClausThomsen

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:23 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

I can go back over the last few seasons in all divisions in Europe to find other examples but I think you've got the spreadsheet locked, I can't access it.

I'm bored, meet me for a beer pre-match next season (my treat) and we'll have a chat.

That's very convenient.

I'll take a raincheck on the beer, and it'll be pissing down if McCarthy's still here.

Thanks
Phil - a non political question.... on 10:01 - May 4 with 2639 viewsunstableblue

Phil - a non political question.... on 09:08 - May 4 by artsbossbeard

Oh you massive.....

Read the below.. and then take your hat AND EAT IT.

Have you ever thought that I actually come on here after a gaem and report what actually happened on the pitch>!>?!?

EXHIBIT A - after Newcastle game:

Team was set up perfectly, everyone was highly motivated, and every player was backing up and also giving players options. It made PR an intimidating place.

If we played with that tempo and intent, much like Norwich and Leeds at home I'd back Mick all the way.

Don't want to detract from Micks selection and the teams performance, but:

- that level of energy has been very rare for 18months
- we played only one holding midfielder against technically best team, to press Huws and Ward up against their deeper midfielders, why haven't we done that against sh!t teams
- we played full backs, not centre backs pretending to be full backs
- we played 5 attacking players not 3

As Mick Mills said it's horrible travelling all the way to Suffolk why make it then easy for visiting teams by sitting deep?!?!

And finally that team today was better than Newcastle because of the system and tempo, not the personnel - it is not all about investment.

Very happy, but also very frustrated. Mick prove you want to play that week in week out. Admit Douglas and skuse was a mess. And admit we've been short of a Huws player since you joined.

I'll back you if you play like that!!!

Exhibit B - after Norwich game:

Well that was fun, and despite a few lingering concerns a game to take a lot heart from as we continue to ponder Ipswich's prospects for the 16/17 season.

On paper Norwich had a far superior starting eleven, and 3 midfielders that we would love to poach - in our dreams. And indeed for 20 minutes after their against the run of play goal Norwich's midfield purred. Despite that insight into the quality gap, Ipswich probably deserved the win. Chances in the start of the first half and the closing stages, and some exciting width, shading this passionate encounter.

Despite the disappointing circa 24k attendance, derided on announcement by our East Anglian 'cousins', this had a big game feel. It's not just the number of people, it's the buzz of excitement. The fan zone was pretty good, the pitch, sun, clapper things stuck in the seats, and the packed North and away ends made for a real sense of anticipation. Numerous mates had stayed away, a combination of holidays, Sky, early kick off and Mick's style being the weak excuses. So I don't think you can blame the poor turn out on any single factor.

So how did Mick's Ipswich play? Generally the energy, bite and tracking were fantastic. And earnt at least the point. The noise of the North combined with some tenacious Douglas, Berra, Bru and Berra dogged play, ruffled Norwich, they couldn't get into the game. And ward and Murphy started to get joy - we had tempo. My biggest ask from Mick and the team would be to continue that into Saturday and Preston. We had multiple corners, we stretched Norwich for 20mins. Murphy had a superb chance, and I do think our talisman is showing his 10 goal a season form at present, rather than that fine streak of a few seasons back.

Even in this glorious spell, we still went back into type into numerous occasions, with poor early long distribution, cheap turnover of ball, wasted impetus. It's the elephant in the room with this team. And must be eradicated, in Grant, and Bishop and the missing young Evertonian, maybe we have the solution. As indeed after their goal Norwich showed us how to do it - short incisive passing, began to tear into us, their goal real class. Their manager bemoaning afterwards that they only got I got that gear for 20 mins, but to be fair Ipswich refused to allow it. And our defence was just too strong. Webster and Berra were just excellent, tough, horrible to play against. Webster will relish a more dynamic midfield in front of him, which surely will come with Bishop fully fit, and weaker opposition.

In Norwich's purple patch, Ipswich started to lump aimless ball, not to Murphy's feet which he lives and led to our goal via linking with the improved Sears. Sears still remained too wide in my view. Even Ward started getting the Ipswich disease with some speculative hit and hope. Ward is a revelation to me, a superb signing by Mick, a player worth the admission, to get fans returning. He refuses to play poor distribution in the main, and when Bishop was also on, we started to use the ball so effectively against a tiring Norwich, we started to punish them with Knudsen drawn up the field, and Sears and Murphy loving the interplay. And of course as Leicester show so well, once you start to mix your game, with bishop bringing canary defenders out the longer ball starts to work, and Murphy had a great chance to break through - was he tripped or just shattered?!

Bishop had a great chance to seal it, just the sheer impetus from Town stretching Norwich, he could centred but shot at the hapless keepers legs.

Lots of lessons, lots of hope, but let's take this energy and in part more cultured approach into the Preston game.

Pride of Anglia restored.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024