Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? 13:59 - Aug 18 with 4490 viewsblaggers

Good defensively, vastly experienced, plenty of options in MF.

Poll: What happens next?

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:42 - Aug 18 with 4388 viewsNo9

No!
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:49 - Aug 18 with 4364 viewsGuthrum

We need his experience in the defensive midfield role, given most of those available to go alongside him are young. Also, unlike Spence and Knudsen, he hasn't recently been playing at CB.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:52 - Aug 18 with 4343 viewsNo9

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:49 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

We need his experience in the defensive midfield role, given most of those available to go alongside him are young. Also, unlike Spence and Knudsen, he hasn't recently been playing at CB.

Defensively he can do a lot of damage
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:54 - Aug 18 with 4335 viewsGuthrum

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:52 - Aug 18 by No9

Defensively he can do a lot of damage

I'd rather attacks were being broken up before they even get to the back-line.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:54 - Aug 18 with 4331 viewsJimmyJazz

Would be more suited to RB, where he has filled in before

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:56 - Aug 18 with 4327 viewsHarryfromBath

I thought of Skuse at right-back and Iorfa moving centrally but moving him anywhere into a back four/five causes the same problem. Brentford's Romaine Sawyers more of a danger-man than Lasse Vibe and Skuse is in perfect territory to pick him up in that area in front of the penalty area.

The most obvious of the many problems with moving Knudsen in to left centre-back and playing Kenlock out wide is Jota, who can drift inside and cause damage with his left foot.

Brentford's three behind the striker are their danger-men. Vibe is less of a threat than Jota, Sawyers and Watkins, so I would put Knudsen on Jota, Skuse on Sawyers and Iorfa on Watkins, with the wide forwards plus Ward to help defensively. This leaves Spence plus one other to deal with Vibe plus any Brentford player who breaks through.

God alone knows who the one other might be though. As we say back in Ireland, I really wouldn't set out from here.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:01 - Aug 18 with 4285 viewsPJH

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:56 - Aug 18 by HarryfromBath

I thought of Skuse at right-back and Iorfa moving centrally but moving him anywhere into a back four/five causes the same problem. Brentford's Romaine Sawyers more of a danger-man than Lasse Vibe and Skuse is in perfect territory to pick him up in that area in front of the penalty area.

The most obvious of the many problems with moving Knudsen in to left centre-back and playing Kenlock out wide is Jota, who can drift inside and cause damage with his left foot.

Brentford's three behind the striker are their danger-men. Vibe is less of a threat than Jota, Sawyers and Watkins, so I would put Knudsen on Jota, Skuse on Sawyers and Iorfa on Watkins, with the wide forwards plus Ward to help defensively. This leaves Spence plus one other to deal with Vibe plus any Brentford player who breaks through.

God alone knows who the one other might be though. As we say back in Ireland, I really wouldn't set out from here.

I think the last two 45 minutes of League football that Kenlock has produced may have set him back a bit, certainly in MM's eyes, so I think that there will be reluctance to start him tomorrow at all although it looks to be almost unavoidable.
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:20 - Aug 18 with 4225 viewsNo9

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 14:54 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

I'd rather attacks were being broken up before they even get to the back-line.

& that hasn't happened for a long while.
For much of the last two seasons it has been all about the thin blue line in, or just outside the 18 yd box.
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:35 - Aug 18 with 4182 viewsitfcjoe

I think long term he'll end up there - especially in a 3 - but we are too short on midfield bodies to do it at the moment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:36 - Aug 18 with 4177 viewsTractorCam

"Plenty of options in midfield"

Who?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:37 - Aug 18 with 4177 viewsN2_Blue

No No!
Skuse has neither the pace to play as a FB, he'd be toast, or the
aerial ability to play CB. He also lacks a physical presence. Yes he occasionally wins headers in midfield but loses plenty. He makes plenty of good tackles but that is not what playing CB is about. You can't have your CB losing headers. Think it would be awful.
Knudsen, Spence and Iorfa all better options.
I'd rather have Garner than Skuse as a CB!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:40 - Aug 18 with 4158 viewsNo9

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:37 - Aug 18 by N2_Blue

No No!
Skuse has neither the pace to play as a FB, he'd be toast, or the
aerial ability to play CB. He also lacks a physical presence. Yes he occasionally wins headers in midfield but loses plenty. He makes plenty of good tackles but that is not what playing CB is about. You can't have your CB losing headers. Think it would be awful.
Knudsen, Spence and Iorfa all better options.
I'd rather have Garner than Skuse as a CB!

Add to that the fat he gives away far too many silly and expensive fouls
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:44 - Aug 18 with 4144 viewsBanburyBlue

but rubbish in the air !

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 16:36 - Aug 18 with 4072 viewsnshearman1

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 15:44 - Aug 18 by BanburyBlue

but rubbish in the air !

I know people disagree with me, but I still think it was a mistake not having Emmanuel on a 24-hour recall. When we're seriously discussing Skuse at CB (and I guess he may be Captain tomorrow) Emmanuel would have been useful.
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 16:38 - Aug 18 with 4061 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 16:36 - Aug 18 by nshearman1

I know people disagree with me, but I still think it was a mistake not having Emmanuel on a 24-hour recall. When we're seriously discussing Skuse at CB (and I guess he may be Captain tomorrow) Emmanuel would have been useful.

You can't have 24 hour recalls on loans any more - was only available on emergency loans.

Also, best for JE to get a full season than just cover 1-2 games here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 16:49 - Aug 18 with 4032 viewsPilgrimblue

Only if he's got defence behind him! He'll not be able to pacey or taller attackers.
Also who will he pass back to, Bart?
So no leave him where he is and either play the remaining 4 with him ahead or promote Chris Smith. He's taller quicker and likes to move ball forward.
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 19:19 - Aug 18 with 3921 viewsnshearman1

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 16:38 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

You can't have 24 hour recalls on loans any more - was only available on emergency loans.

Also, best for JE to get a full season than just cover 1-2 games here

Ok, sorry, didn't realise that.
Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 23:04 - Aug 18 with 3741 viewsgroovyASH

Grant Ward RB? I think he has reasonable enough qualities to fill in as a full-back. Move Iorfa into the middle with Spence, Skuse with Downes, 3 of McGoldrick, Sears, Garner and Waghorn up front and out wide with either Celina or Rowe the other wide man

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Skuse at CB - surely it's a no-brainer? on 08:00 - Aug 19 with 3625 viewsSwn98

Looks like we could be winning by the odd goal of seven.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024