Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? 14:08 - Aug 28 with 2530 viewsEdwardStone

Hi All

Good friend of mine has just finished Uni and is looking to find a position in Marketing or Advertising, aiming to become a Copywriter

Seeking a position as a editorial assistant or maybe a marketing assistant as a stepping stone

Anyone have any contacts in this line of work up in Nodge?

Hoppy???? Dolly???

Cheers

COYB
Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 14:51 - Aug 28 with 2471 viewsfactual_blue

I think this is the marketing assistant route most take

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 15:51 - Aug 28 with 2404 viewsmonytowbray

I worked at a digital agency in scum and also know a few other people running agencies. Can give them pointers for getting into it too. DM me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 09:01 - Aug 29 with 2276 viewsEdwardStone

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 15:51 - Aug 28 by monytowbray

I worked at a digital agency in scum and also know a few other people running agencies. Can give them pointers for getting into it too. DM me.

Thanks for that....pm sent

Anyone else with a Norwich connection?

Mi Lord Lucan perhaps,?

Or anyone in the Ad / Publishing trade??

Cheers
Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:07 - Aug 29 with 2244 viewshoppy

I haven't really got any contacts in that area - workwise or geographically, I'm afraid.

I guess might be worth trying Archant, as a stepping stone in the editorial side of things - they could certainly do with some decent copywriting... and proofreading quite often.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:30 - Aug 29 with 2226 viewsEdwardStone

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:07 - Aug 29 by hoppy

I haven't really got any contacts in that area - workwise or geographically, I'm afraid.

I guess might be worth trying Archant, as a stepping stone in the editorial side of things - they could certainly do with some decent copywriting... and proofreading quite often.

Decent shout for Archant.....thnx

I will forward it on

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:37 - Aug 29 with 2213 viewshoppy

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:30 - Aug 29 by EdwardStone

Decent shout for Archant.....thnx

I will forward it on

Could also try getting in touch with Derek Davis - to see if he has any links... as he promotes himself as a writer... (just don't mention deckchairs...)

https://uk.copify.com/copywriters/view/7696/derek-davis

http://www.writeforyouonline.co.uk/all-about-write-for-you.php

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:49 - Aug 29 with 2190 viewsEdwardStone

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:37 - Aug 29 by hoppy

Could also try getting in touch with Derek Davis - to see if he has any links... as he promotes himself as a writer... (just don't mention deckchairs...)

https://uk.copify.com/copywriters/view/7696/derek-davis

http://www.writeforyouonline.co.uk/all-about-write-for-you.php

Now I don't know if you are teasing......

Mr Deckchair himself

Never met the bloke, but he kind of puts me in mind of this fellow

I shall pass on the info

Thnx Hoppy
Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:53 - Aug 29 with 2181 viewshoppy

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:49 - Aug 29 by EdwardStone

Now I don't know if you are teasing......

Mr Deckchair himself

Never met the bloke, but he kind of puts me in mind of this fellow

I shall pass on the info

Thnx Hoppy

Heh. That's a reasonable observation (I've never met him either), and despite being often a man of mirth, due to the deckchair thing, I wasn't teasing... he may well still have useful contacts or advice, so worth exploring any avenue I would think.

EDIT: That said, from Derek's own website, the last line of this paragraph did make me chuckle/squirm...

"Snapped up by the Colchester Evening Gazette after going there on work experience, Derek learnt loads from some very talented people, won more awards, had a brilliant time but with moved on."
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 10:57]

Login to get fewer ads

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 11:52 - Aug 29 with 2136 viewsEdwardStone

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 10:53 - Aug 29 by hoppy

Heh. That's a reasonable observation (I've never met him either), and despite being often a man of mirth, due to the deckchair thing, I wasn't teasing... he may well still have useful contacts or advice, so worth exploring any avenue I would think.

EDIT: That said, from Derek's own website, the last line of this paragraph did make me chuckle/squirm...

"Snapped up by the Colchester Evening Gazette after going there on work experience, Derek learnt loads from some very talented people, won more awards, had a brilliant time but with moved on."
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 10:57]

He might add....

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh"
Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:19 - Aug 29 with 2111 viewshoppy

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 11:52 - Aug 29 by EdwardStone

He might add....

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh"

Would that shed any light on what he meant by "but with moved on", though?

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:25 - Aug 29 with 2092 viewsEdwardStone

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:19 - Aug 29 by hoppy

Would that shed any light on what he meant by "but with moved on", though?

Ha...hadn't spotted that last bit!!

You see, that's why I could never be a poofreader

Just no eye for detail.

I wonder what he meant
Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:27 - Aug 29 with 2089 viewshoppy

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:25 - Aug 29 by EdwardStone

Ha...hadn't spotted that last bit!!

You see, that's why I could never be a poofreader

Just no eye for detail.

I wonder what he meant

*proofreader

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 2055 viewsEdwardStone

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:27 - Aug 29 by hoppy

*proofreader

Really , I don't want to do this

Really, I don't think I should do this

But

Hoppy

Woosh
Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 13:01 - Aug 29 with 2029 viewshoppy

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 12:47 - Aug 29 by EdwardStone

Really , I don't want to do this

Really, I don't think I should do this

But

Hoppy

Woosh

Hmmm.. I did wonder if I might get one of those...

Marketing/copywriting job opportunity in Norwich? on 13:03 - Aug 29 with 2024 viewsCoco

BigDog is your one for 'trendy' marketing bullshet 'insight' nonsense.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024